What is the story behind this ? | FerrariChat

What is the story behind this ?

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by Arvid, Nov 1, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Arvid

Arvid Formula Junior

May 28, 2012
    Norway
    Full Name:
    Arvid Andersson
  2. Tassie

Tassie Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2009
    Tasmania, Australia
    Full Name:
    Wayne Clark
    #2 Tassie, Nov 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. Arvid

Arvid Formula Junior

May 28, 2012
    Norway
    Full Name:
    Arvid Andersson
    Thanks Tassie. Yes I know the GT hasn't got its own emblem but what is the story behind this peculiar emblem ? It says it's from Pininfarina and destined to the GT but apparently never delivered on any car.

In the beginning of my ownership with the GT I searched high and low for a "400GT" emblem,like the one on the owners manual... But it never excisted.

Is this what Ferrari and Pininfarina was about to put on the car ? Why didn't they ? What does the hieroglyphs mean ? I'm interested in the historic bit about this :)

4. cloverleaf

cloverleaf Karting

Jun 16, 2013
    Interesting...
    Did a quick search, looks like could be the Arabic transliteration or phonetic transcription of "400 i A"

First two symbols are numerals:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastern_Arabic_numerals
    ٤=4
    The two dots are 00

Both "ى" and "آ" are Arabic characters
    [​IMG]
    Not G or T, the first one should be an A.. I've literally no idea how this alphabet works though

Anyone knows more?
    Did Ferraris for the Near Eastern markets get transliterated badges?

5. simonc

simonc Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Herfordshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Simon Campbell
    It is the 400i badge in Arabic. The three digits on the left say '400' and the 'i' is on the right. Not sure about the 'S' though - probably stands for Auto.

6. EVOeng

EVOeng Karting

Jul 1, 2011
    London, England
    #6 EVOeng, Nov 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  7. Arvid

Arvid Formula Junior

May 28, 2012
    Norway
    Full Name:
    Arvid Andersson
    It is not available in the part catalogues so probably homegrown :) The 400GT-badge shown in the manual would surely be something to have... I have a 400i badge with the "i" milled down. But can't bring myself to put it on the car. Just looks strange...

I have seen a black german reg. -77 GT with a very original looking "400" badge. Makes you wonder if some cars had an special order original badge from factory ?

Nice to know what the ebay badge was all about. Thanks all :)