What is the market for a 330GTC looking like now? | FerrariChat

What is the market for a 330GTC looking like now?

Discussion in 'Vintage Ferrari Market' started by dinogts, Sep 8, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dinogts

dinogts Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Hi all -

I am starting to look for a nice 330GTC or 365GTC. Anyone seen anything interesting recently? Any idea as to the prices that cars have actually sold for?

Mark

2. djaffrey

djaffrey Formula Junior

Apr 11, 2004
    London, England
    Full Name:
    DJ
    ....horrible. Same as everything else. There are a few for sale in the UK (take a look at Legends Racing for a starter) but if you are in the US then the £/$ x-rate makes it even more horrible.

I know of at least 3 cars for sale in the UK all around £75k. Email me if you want links.

3. Vintage V12

Vintage V12 Formula 3

Aug 11, 2004
    Check out the 330 from Autosportdesignsin New York. Restored by some of the best. Pay now or pay later.......

4. Bryan

Bryan Formula 3

5. Fernando

Fernando Rookie

Jan 29, 2004
    New Mexico
    The Autosport Designs 330 is one of the, if not the, finest 330 in the country/world. At $240K, it is definitely the highest priced on the market.

6. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Does anyone else think entire range of 330 (America, GT, GTC, S) was undervalued before upswing?

7. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
    I certainly do.

8. tritone

tritone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 8, 2003
    On the Rock
    Full Name:
    James
    Fantasy Junction - 1967 - $162K - white on black
    PM me for more info

james

9. jaturon

jaturon Formula 3

Oct 25, 2004
    Bangkok Thailand
    Full Name:
    Zane
    I think I saw a blue one in Octane mag. asking for GBP 75,000 and one in Classic car mag. also a blue one same price.

10. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    Word is that it just sold. Anyone know for how much?

11. Tony Fuisz

Tony Fuisz Karting

Nov 5, 2003
    Bethesda, MD
    Full Name:
    Tony Fuisz
    Saw a red 330 GTC in southern CA (near San Juan Capistrano) for sale, driver shape with tired paint, asking 175K I think. They also had a pretty 250gto replica in silver, a daytona and assorted common modern stuff.

12. FarmerDave

FarmerDave F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    The red GTC is advertised @ $140,900 in Sept/Oct Auto Aficionado magazine - offered by Family Classic Cars in San Juan Capistrano. I think the silver GTO replica/reproduction/recreation/whatever is the one that made an appearance at Crystal Cove a while back. It is also advertised for sale in the same ad.

13. Vintage V12

Vintage V12 Formula 3

Aug 11, 2004
    Not sure , but as crazy as it might sound, I cannot believe I am saying this, but, if you really really really wanted a 330gtc, this is a good deal. If you bought a nice one for 120 for example,it would take another 150 to make it as nice as this one was if you wanted to have it restored properly.Am I wrong with these figures? I believe Norbert Hofer did the mechanicals and Junior did all the paint.

14. Tony Fuisz

Tony Fuisz Karting

Nov 5, 2003
    Bethesda, MD
    Full Name:
    Tony Fuisz
    That's the place-sorry about the price mistake. A much better deal at 140K.
    Just don't look at the GTO because you'll want that instead

15. FarmerDave

FarmerDave F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    No worries... wouldn't be the first time a car dealer offered one car at different prices... :)

16. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    I saw the car in person at Concorso Italiano a year ago and had the opportunity to speak to the owner (who had the car on consignment with Family Classic Cars). He was looking to get $135K, firm. I believe the car was listed for sale at $150K at the time. It looked nice enough in person.

It's interesting to note that, while the GTC market has been climbing steadily, this car has sat unsold for over a year.

17. shaughnessy

shaughnessy Formula 3

Apr 1, 2004
    Wolfeboro NH
    Full Name:
    Thomas E Shaughnessy
    Wayne different car best of my knowledge. This one is not as nice.

Hey check the s/n's Consignment owner's name was El Hathaway, he bought it from Family Classics 3/4 of a year earlier

18. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    Got the s/ns? Not same car sold and now back on consignment with the new owner is it?

19. jaturon

jaturon Formula 3

Oct 25, 2004
    Bangkok Thailand
    Full Name:
    Zane
    A bit off note here but are these 330/365 GTC costly to maintain?
    I now own 512TR and 328GTS so would anyone give me some comparison in terms of the upkeeping of this GTC to the ones I presently have?

20. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
    As with any Ferrari, buying a good example will certainly minimize some expenses.
    In routine maintenance, I believe the earlier cars like the 330 or 365 are actually less expensive to maintain. They use timing chains, not cam belts, so replacement of those items aren't routine.
    The older cars do have older parts that require attention, like carbs to be tuned, and points to be gapped or replaced, and so on, but each is a relatively simple procedure that can be done by most any competent mechanic. Other items, like adjusting valve clearance and replacing brake pads and clutches, should actually be similar.
    But above all, buy a good car. I belive I did with my 330 (knock on wood), and haven't had any expenses in a year and half of ownership.

21. dinogts

dinogts Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Has anyone seen and driven this car lately? What is the story? This 330GTC is missing its books and tools. Are the books and tools worth what they are for my 246GTS? Tools worth over $2000 and the books worth about $4,000?

Mark

22. johngtc

johngtc Formula Junior
    Owner

Mar 4, 2005
    Yorkshire, UK
    Full Name:
    John Gould
    Mark, the real question is whether the tools and books are 'worth' these silly numbers! A good set of Snap On wrenches would cost less than $1000 and there are plenty of reprint books around. If they are a 'must', try http://www.racecar.co.uk/250swb/

A 330 is accessible entry to classic Ferrari V12 motoring and I would echo those who say 'go for the best'.

And yes, I do have a full tool set with my GTC and it is mostly cheap junk!!

John

23. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    Only worth it if you plan to compete in concours events or when it comes time to sell. If you bought the car to own and drive, you wouldn't actually use the oem tools anyway. As for the books, download copies off the owners' site. In the meantime, buy yourself a good set of useable tools and enjoy the drive!

24. jaturon

jaturon Formula 3

Oct 25, 2004
    Bangkok Thailand
    Full Name:
    Zane
    Couldn't agree more, those are rediculous figures for tools and even worse for the book unless you 'need' it for concours or if you are automobilia collector!