What is our headliner made of? | FerrariChat

What is our headliner made of?

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by 88MONDIAL, Jun 28, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 88MONDIAL

88MONDIAL Formula 3

Apr 13, 2005
    Racine, Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Jim Smith
    My headliner is drooping a bit. Went to the upholstery/headliner guy in town. Told him what I had (82 Mondial) and that I HAD to have it fixed and not replaced. Has to be stock. He said bring it by so I could take a look at it. I said I thought I read somewhere that it was made of Italian wool. He said I've been doing this before your car was built I'll know what to do once I see it. I go over there and he says, "Well, I've never ever seen a headliner like that!".

He said I could pull it taught and glue it right near where the sunroof is. Not sure what I'm going to do.

Well I guess they aren't known as "exotics" for nothing!

2. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
  3. stekkefun4

stekkefun4 Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 22, 2006
    Belgium - Europe
    Well, 90% of them is made of glass fibre, but 10% is made of some sort of cardboard or wool. With my golden Mondial, I came across a woolen headliner. An absolute pain in the neck because you can't clean it with water and it cracks VERY EASILY! I'm thinking about replacing this one with a fibre glass unit I have, but I have to convert that one first from a sunroof to a closed version... with new fibre glass.

4. 88MONDIAL

88MONDIAL Formula 3

Apr 13, 2005
    Racine, Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Jim Smith
    Wow, Afterburner's got some skills! Thanks for posting that.

Glass fiber for the headliner?

5. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.