What instrument panel buttons look on the inside - pics | FerrariChat

What instrument panel buttons look on the inside - pics

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by Indyjones, Mar 6, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Indyjones

Indyjones Karting

Jan 28, 2009
    Pacific NW
    #1 Indyjones, Mar 6, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Did some preventative maintenance before putting insurance on later this month. So I took out the instrument switches to clean all the contacts. I'm a little surprised they're all still working :) That got me thinking, what do those switches look like on the inside (since it's a single unit with integrated relay). So I took one apart (the 5 pin switch for the rear trunk lid). Looks like they're fairly simple to rebuild should they ever fail (some of the resistors are for the led's). Still don't understand why Ferrari decided to put everything into one unit. Anyways, should anyone need some reference fotos, here you go. Just so you know, some of the other switches are 4 pin, since they don't require "ignition on" for power (the center pin on this one).

Also tackled the clock, since that didn't work. Turns out one of the caps blew up, which also took out a trace. The was a fairly easy fix. Replaced the cap (100uF, make sure the voltage rating is higher than 12v) and bridged the blown trace. Works like a charm again :)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. theunissenguido

theunissenguido Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2004
    Argent/Brasil
    Full Name:
    Guido
    Mondial Do It yourself Thread

Guido

3. Indyjones

Indyjones Karting

Jan 28, 2009
    Pacific NW
    Sounds good :) Mods can move the post if they would like (although except for the pics, it doesn't really have anything useful for the diy section).

4. Alden

Alden F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 25, 2010
    Central Florida
  5. Bell Bloke

Bell Bloke Formula 3

Dec 6, 2012
    UK
    I hate these bloody things, they are just as hard to press as a normal switch and they have no feel, a bad idea we are stuck with. Thinking of changing mine for normal switch hidden behind the old button.
    Anyway great thread :)

6. Indyjones

Indyjones Karting

Jan 28, 2009
    Pacific NW
    I would keep them at least until they break, to keep everything original. Shouldn't be too hard to install your own custom switch/relay, as there is plenty of space behind the button.