What have you done to your Ferrari Today? | Page 105 | FerrariChat

What have you done to your Ferrari Today?

Discussion in '308/328' started by SteveGTB, Feb 5, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE

Attached Files:

Martin308GTB likes this.
  2. Martin308GTB

Martin308GTB F1 Rookie

Jan 22, 2003
    Black Forest Germany
    Full Name:
    Martin N.
    Cute. How does the mother look like?
    Is this your lower half on the picture :)

Best
    Martin

3. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    The mother looks quite tired, actually...and being an outoor cat, she brings a lot of preys inside the house for her kids' education; we managed to raise the four with no problem, except noise and some hooliganism, when they are awake...
    Yes, that's my lower half on the picture.

Rgds
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

mcimino likes this.
  4. Martin308GTB

Martin308GTB F1 Rookie

Jan 22, 2003
    Black Forest Germany
    Full Name:
    Martin N.
    Sounds quite familiar :)
    How will things go on from now?
    You know that frightening exponentially increasing graph? ;)

Best
    Martin

5. trs666

trs666 Karting

Apr 17, 2014
    Göteborg, Sweden
    Full Name:
    Tommi S.
    Rosey and miketuason like this.
  6. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Is that another light behind the grill?

waymar likes this.
  7. trs666

trs666 Karting

Apr 17, 2014
    Göteborg, Sweden
    Full Name:
    Tommi S.
    #2607 trs666, Jun 9, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2020
    Day running lights. Sweden got mandatory lights during driving in the 80:s and these yellow Talmu lights were popular so you did not need to drive with ordinary low beams on. Specially good on cars with pop up lights. They go on when engine is started and off if you turn ordinary lights on. Sorry for the other car, this is from a car magazine.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    ///TRS

308 milano, waymar and Dane like this.
  8. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    The four kittens are leaving today, they are eight weeks old now, and will be taken in care by an association whose purpose is to find "owners" (as far as a cat can be owned, that is...). The mother has just been properly taken care of, and sterilized, this morning, thanks to my usual high-speed cat ambulance...

Rgds

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

308 milano and Martin308GTB like this.
  9. Martin308GTB

Martin308GTB F1 Rookie

Jan 22, 2003
    Black Forest Germany
    Full Name:
    Martin N.
    Good decision Bruno. And it's great, that Madame was chauffeured to the vet with a Ferrari. But allow me one question. Do you know how large the radius of activity is of Monsieur? And how many unsterilizied Madames are inside this area? Or do you plan to finance all creations created by Monsieur in the future? :)

Best
    Martin

10. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    When he first came in my garden four years ago, he was about one year old and in the summer, had a collar, so probably an owner. Today, he has returned to the wild life. His radius of action is rather large; there are other unsterilized females in the neighborhood, one who is often in the garden is indeed pregnant, but I can't get close to her, she is too cautious. I will do what's necessary with the females, not with the male: he is too strong to be caught when not wounded. I don't touch him much...the young mother has returned yesterday evening, she is rather weak for now.

Rgds

11. Martin308GTB

Martin308GTB F1 Rookie

Jan 22, 2003
    Black Forest Germany
    Full Name:
    Martin N.
    Hi Bruno,

ever been bitten by a cat? I experienced this a few times. My wife even more including surgery once. Most incidents happened at a young, inexperienced vet when the animals panicked. Over the decades you get accustomed to it :) Scratches are no more worth mentioning.

Best
    Martin

12. kcabpilot

kcabpilot Formula 3

Apr 17, 2014
    California SF bay area
    Full Name:
    Paul
    308inSD, mcimino, Ferraridoc and 8 others like this.
  13. mexicruiser

mexicruiser Karting

Aug 28, 2012
    Full Name:
    Jon
  14. kcabpilot

kcabpilot Formula 3

Apr 17, 2014
    California SF bay area
    Full Name:
    Paul
    It's called a Cyclo. They've been around a long time and very popular with the aviation crowd or anyone else who needs to polish an acre or two of bare aluminum. That's why I bought this one years ago for my 1946 Luscombe but it works great on cars as well and uses widely available 4 inch velcro backed pads. They ain't cheap though...

15. Dane

Dane Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 25, 2002
    I attended a car show. 130-140 cars. The only Ferrari. I will never take my little 308 to a show, again.

I promise I was a good and polite representative of the brand, but I grew tired of cordially asking people not to lean against it, and the kids opening the doors and climbing in without asking.

I left as early as possible. Happy she's home now. I have a headache.

16. greg288

greg288 Karting

May 28, 2007
    Not surprised Dane, the social graces are definitely a dying art form along with basic manners, parenting, respect for other people's property, etc...
    I don't blame you for not wanting to attend with your car again. The thought of a kid jumping in and yanking off one of our already fragile steering column switch levers is a horrifying prospect indeed.
    Beautiful car though and thanks for the pic!

17. Dane

Dane Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 25, 2002
    I was surprised by the lack of respect, and it had nothing to do with Ferrari ownership. It was about respect for another's property. However, I had two parents with a young girl who loved the car. I offered to put her in the front seat for a special photo that they could have and remember.

Even with the isolated positive experience, I will not attend another. Thank you for your thoughts! It is nice to know my feelings aren't isolated. Cheers, Dane

18. Jeppedo

Jeppedo Karting

Sep 30, 2017
    Alberta, Canada
    I bought my 308 3 years ago and within the first week went through an intersection that had a large hump. On the downward side my chin spoiler caught a manhole cover nicely placed a couple of inches above the pavement. Worst sound I ever heard. Cracked and split but still together I drove the car sparingly that summer. Unfortunatly my cancer returned big time and it was pretty much parked for the next 2 years.Bummer man. So now I'm behind the wheel again but with one eye and into the body shop went the spoiler. Apparently not the first time it needed work. There was metal, fiberglass, bondo, glue and what ever all the rest of that stuff was. Really tested my body guys patienice, but he came through. here's some pictures:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Ferraridoc, JuLiTrO, Cirorsi and 6 others like this.
  19. Milkshaker0007

Milkshaker0007 Formula Junior

Sep 22, 2012
    Midlands,uk
    Full Name:
    Paul
    took it this morning for its MOT, breezed it no advisories either, then got my brother in law to re gas my air con, nice and cool again as 30 degrees in UK today in my area.
    held vacuum for 45 mins and NO leaks from die added, aired on the side of caution by just putting in 650 grams of R134, see how it preforms over a week or so if all good will top it up to 750-800 grams.

20. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    I use hychill

https://hychill.com.au/en

Can you get it there? Much better.

21. Dane

Dane Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 25, 2002
  22. Milkshaker0007

Milkshaker0007 Formula Junior

Sep 22, 2012
    Midlands,uk
    Full Name:
    Paul
    eyeman1234 likes this.
  23. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    You already said they use 134a

What a pity. Runs at much higher pressures and doesn't work nearly as well.

24. Cirorsi

Cirorsi Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2016
    Louisiana / Lac du Saint Sacrement, NY
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Finally mounted my custom 17" wheels. New Michelin tires - 225/45/17s on the front and 245/40/17s on the back. Thanks to Mark E for designing and handling the manufacturing process!

25. Cirorsi

Cirorsi Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2016
    Louisiana / Lac du Saint Sacrement, NY
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Too late to edit above.....rear tires are 255/40/17s