What have you done to your beast during covid19? | FerrariChat

What have you done to your beast during covid19?

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by Kurt SC, May 8, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Kurt SC

Kurt SC Rookie

May 16, 2017
    Charleston
    Full Name:
    Kurt W.
  2. Ianjoub

Ianjoub Formula Junior

Dec 22, 2019
    Homosassa, FL USA
    Full Name:
    Ian Joubert
    Does putting 3-4k miles on it count for anything? I did have it detailed once too!

Kurt SC likes this.
  3. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    Started it and let it run to temp, watched a similar car as mine do really well on BaT, immediately ordered cats so I can finish my exhaust project.

Your bumper refinishing looks great!

4. SouthJersey400i

SouthJersey400i Formula 3

Mar 14, 2007
    Romulus, NY (Finger Lakes)
    Full Name:
    Ken Battle
    I did my usual winter R&R from Nov to March (with interlude for back surgery!) I check / change fluids, check brakes, suspension, etc. This resulted in some suspension bush changes in the rear. I finally got the fuel door ("flap") working reliably with new console switch and some fiddling of solenoid and door hinge. Once I did a test drive I realized AC compressor was not kicking in. I did some electrical checks last week but it appears Freon pressure may be too low for the low pressure switch. I am ready to check Freon system but with a May snow fall in the Finger Lakes the ambient temperature is a bit low to test system.
    Ken

5. raemin

raemin Formula 3

Jan 16, 2007
    Lyon (FR)
    Full Name:
    R. Emin
    Well... I am locked IN and the engine is OUT.

As the engine bay is clear, I've chased with a spray gun all the body panels that were not thoroughly painted at the factory (the underside of the front noose is bare-metal so to say), While I was there I also sprayed the whole engine bay.

Refurbished the heater blowers

Modified the audio as follows: previous owner removed the antenna and used a cheap windscreen antenna instead. I've replaced this cheaply antenna by a tune trapper one, which I heavily modified in order to reduce its footprint. Modified the line-in converter in order to match its resistors to the meagre output of my 2x7w Philips radio. All audio cables replaced by shielded cables. There are 3 vintage Alpine amplifier in the trunk... I've butchered a sealed subwoofer in order to give it the shape of a second air-conditioning unit. Sound is not as good obviously, but at least I do not have an ugly box in the trunk.

When Emmanuel Macron announced an additional 1 month lockout I decided to upgrade the wiring harness. I first made a detailed diagram of my future modifications, then proceeded with the implementation. I've basically re-purposed the dual air-conditioning relays holders so as to operate the low beam and fog-lights through relays. Also beefed up the positive wires that feed the fuse box. And also beefed up the fog light wires (all other lights do have separate diagram for left and right, stock fogs do share the same wire).

As I was there I also upgraded the fuse-boxes (2 x MTA fuse boxes). So I now have 2x16 fuses. The MTA box is almost a perfect fit, I just had to modify the holding tabs. The additional fuses allowed me to connect several accessories on dedicated low amp fuses and get rid of the loose fuses that are buried elsewhere in the car.

Finally modified the kill switch so as to keep the clock running when everything else is shut down (it's got its own fuse in the fuse-box).

I was about the fix the stalk (the plan is to send it to Verrel actually), but the spanner seems to be lost in transit and I just have to go back to work...

6. bamaman

bamaman Formula Junior

Nov 27, 2015
    Mobile Alabama
    Full Name:
    William M (B.J.) Lyon, Jr.
    Working on sticky switches, arghhh