What does this mean? | FerrariChat

What does this mean?

Discussion in 'Vintage Ferrari Market' started by 300GW/RO, Sep 7, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 300GW/RO

300GW/RO Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2010
    east end LI
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Recent Monterey auctions witnessed some very very impressive cars for sale....yet the "bid goes on".

FJ in Ca. has a 275 gts and 250 swb available
    Gullwing NY has a 250 swb
    Legendary (Klutt) has another 275 gts listed
    All recently listed after the auctions

Four very "tightly" held cars...usually....thoughts?

This, in combination with the Euro gentleman who is liquidating his stellar collection.

Chicken little ??

Jack

2. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Three tightly held cars. The 250 SWB at Gullwing and at Fantasy Junction are the same car. I assume the consignor(Gullwing) prefers not to suffer the expense of shipping the car across country again, and decided to give FJ a shot at selling it.

3. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    The amount of significant Ferrari's available in Monterrey allowed those in the "tightly held" market to pick and choose with the utmost detail, my thoughts are that this allowed a potential buyer the pick of the litter, and led to many significant cars+ lots of money in the room+ potential buyers bought earlier than later= left are significant cars, no serious parties left (for the weekend)

The Gullwing 250SWB is a great car, and frankly I was surprised that if their wasn't a buyer at Monterrey, then where? But back to point one, lots of significant cars, only a handful of blue chip buyers interested... Just my $.02

4. John Vardanian

John Vardanian F1 Rookie

Jul 1, 2004
    San Francisco Area
    Full Name:
    John Vardanian
    In August 1984 I walked into Walnut Creek Ferrari to see 3113 up close as they had just received this car from Seattle area as inventory.......... asking price: $90,000.

john