What do you think of this Mondial? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

What do you think of this Mondial?

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by roma62, Jan 28, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ronfrohock

ronfrohock F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2004
    MA
    Full Name:
    Ron Frohock
    I live close to Watertown if I can be of help.
    Ron Frohock

2. Temple

Temple Formula Junior

Jun 13, 2015
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Temple
    Hey Roma62 sending you a pm.

3. s38junkie

s38junkie Karting

Jun 18, 2011
    Bloomfield, NJ
    Full Name:
    Mike K
    #28 s38junkie, Jan 30, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2016
    I believe the T you're referring to is the one I bought. It was indeed a 1 owner car with just under 22K miles:

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/ferraris/499898-1989-mondial-t-coupe-low-mileage-great-condition.html

Temple, yes it needed a major but the body and paint work - as you noticed - were completely original and well preserved. I thought the owner's asking price was in line with the condition, mileage, and history of the car. The car drives completely differently after the major was performed by the way... significantly more power and much more eager to pull to redline.

Roma, I'm about 1 hour east of Allentown if you want to meet up once all the snow and ice clears. Good luck with your soon to be purchase!

4. Temple

Temple Formula Junior

Jun 13, 2015
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Temple
    I agree Mike re his asking price for the t coupe; totally in line with the condition, mileage, and history of the car. I would have/wanted to make an offer on the car but just couldn't "swing it" at the time (financially speaking). You got a great example of a beautiful car; congratulations to you sir! I hope you enjoy her in the manner she deserves. Btw before moving to Portland, OR about 10 years ago I lived in Montclair.

5. s38junkie

s38junkie Karting

Jun 18, 2011
    Bloomfield, NJ
    Full Name:
    Mike K
    Thank you Temple. Small world... If I can ever break free of this crazy place I would like to move to the West coast. Let me know if you ever come back and visit.

6. Temple

Temple Formula Junior

Jun 13, 2015
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Temple
    I'll be back visiting NYC in mid-February (family business; I was born and raised in
    NYC). If we meet up I'd love to see the "one that got away" once again.

7. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
  8. s38junkie

s38junkie Karting

Jun 18, 2011
    Bloomfield, NJ
    Full Name:
    Mike K
    #33 s38junkie, Feb 2, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2016
    Just sent you a PM.

9. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt

10. sidtx

sidtx F1 Rookie
    Owner

Feb 9, 2014
    Frisco, Tx
    Full Name:
    Sid
    I took me over a year to find a coupe that fit my requirements. It was worth the wait.

I think the Coupe accentuates the subtle curve of the Mondial body. When I look at my car, I see less of a wedge shape and more of a beautiful curving/flowing body.

The only downside I've found is that the sunroof mechanism isn't the "best designed" piece of equipment.

On the other hand, the A/C works really well and keeps the car cool, even here in the Texas summer heat.

Sid