What do you think of Fchat’s moderator? | FerrariChat

What do you think of Fchat’s moderator?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Natkingcolebasket69, Mar 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Hi everyone,

I wanted to see what was the consensus about the moderators on fchat. Clearly not an easy task with so many posts and opinion to moderate.
    I personally that some moderator do a good job and some act overzealously acting like Kings running the chats. Some will explain the rules and some will show teaching skills, some won’t. Same things for the bans which seem to be very differently assessed from one moderator to another.

How are moderator assessed? Is there performance reviewed? I would be interested in knowing that and what overall the community thinks of their experience with moderators.

Nat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Who cares ? As far as posting I take the approach of “ mean what you say , say what you mean but don’t say it mean “ best Kirk.

3. INRange

INRange F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2014
    Virginia/Florida/Caymans
    Full Name:
    JD
    It is a thankless job. I appreciate the work that they do on the site to keep it civil. A lot of us push the edge in P&R and without them......it would get very ugly.

4. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

That’s true. Sometimes we are babies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Nat,

Please see corrections in the quoted post, I hope I get a good review from you as a teacher. :)

To answer your questions: moderator actions are modulated according to the attending moderator's assessment of the situation in the context of the relevant parties' moderation history. Therefore, we may not labor a point already made to someone who keeps getting banned for similar transgressions and should know what's expected of them. Moderators do get day-to-day feedback from one another in the moderator forum as a check on each other and we also get reviews from the administrators with renewed priorities and corrective instructions.

Looking at your history, for example, I can see Yin (the most level-headed guy one could know) put in a good deal of effort to address your concerns by explaining moderation actions in the classifieds, you reported him to himself for not agreeing with you, and then after a warning to desist you baited him some more until you earned yourself a ban. You can lament a lack of teaching skills all you want, but even the best teacher can do nothing if your eyes, ears, and mind are hopelessly closed.

Speaking of closed... I'll be kind and just close this thread for you, before you get carried away and bait the moderators into banning you again for trolling us. I advise you not to try this one again. ;)

All the best,
    Andrew.