What do you think i should do (SF of sillicon valley) ??? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

What do you think i should do (SF of sillicon valley) ???

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by Natkingcolebasket69, Oct 16, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

As far as value i didn’t pay too much for the car with warranty; I recently had gone to a Mercedes dealer and f dealer of SF and they both quoted me 97,5k straight trade which I’m expecting to see drop 10% a year..
    As far as the deer well I avoided it and touched at I wanna say 20 mph the side curb, no panel damaged,no bumper etc.. pretty lucky it was only the rim and I was really surprised the disc would crack but hey at least I’m going to have 4 brand new tires, discs etc... Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

daytona355 likes this.
  2. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    Good thing the air bag didn't go off. That would have probably been really $$,$$$.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  3. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Maybe 10% drop a year pre-crash. Post crash it’ll be a more sever drop.

4. Natkingcolebasket69

5. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Paying out of pocket or not, the car will take have diminished value post accident. There are too many other cars with no stories to choose from when it comes to FFs. Buyers will find out through disclosure (I assume you’ll let prospective buyers know about the crash), research of the repairs, and/or a PPI. Some people may actually pay less or pass all together because they’d view paying out of pocket as the cheap and partial/substandard way out of an insurance claim. As mentioned earlier, one must suspect there’s a lot more damage than the obviously bent wheel and cracked ceramic rotor. Bearings. Axle shaft. Strut tower. Shock. Control arm. Hub & carrier. Gear box. Under tray. Unibody. Considering the force needed to severely bend a wheel and crack a rotor into pieces you can bet all sorts of stuff was directly or indirectly impacted.

MOSS and BOKE like this.
  6. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Oh deer, I've seen this before. Picture is kinda fuzzy though, it that car Matt white?? ;)

I wonder what wax thinks?:)

BOKE likes this.
  7. Natkingcolebasket69

I will correct you on your above assumptions: the car went through 10hours of diagnostics from Ferrari and none of the things you suggest broke or needed changing. I have the receipt and everything.
    Thé diagnostic was 2 rims to be replaced, 1 flat tyre, cracked ceramic brake.
    Ferrari then said as per policy they prefer changing 4 ceramic brakes, 4 tyres etc at the same time.
    It was a very minor hit of the curb.

daytona355 likes this.
  8. Natkingcolebasket69

The car is a one Grigio fredo. Some white variation

daytona355 likes this.
  9. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Factory Certified?

daytona355 likes this.
  10. Natkingcolebasket69

Yes- according to Naples Motorsport it is the only FF in that color. Whoever bought it new speccd it to the tune of 392k msrp...crazy how those cars have plunged. Lots of cars for the money.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

daytona355 likes this.
  11. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Is that 10 hours of diagnostics the work you referred to saying “they did nothing expect meet with the claim adjuster...”?

Did you get an itemized proposal for the repair work Ferrari said it needed for repair? Can you post it?

MOSS, BOKE and Rickenbach like this.
  12. Natkingcolebasket69

Yes it is: they put the car on a rail, met with the adjuster to assess damaged and come up with a $ amount of repairs as they do not have parts valuation for a FF.
    No, I did not get an itemized proposal from the dealer.The bill is a paragraph which explains how they put car on rail, reviewed damages. It doesn’t say remove X took 1hr, did Y for Z hours. My assumption for that Is that they thought I was going to get the car fixed there and a detailed bill wasn’t ready on the spot OR that there wasn’t really 10hrs spent but that I can’t prove so I would be conjecturing.

Whether that is right or not I can’t dispute that charge since again I fully agreed to it. They set a price for it which I understood and accepted.
    I fully agreed and and accepted that no matter what I would have to pay that amount.

The post disgressed into other valuable talking point however the main issue was: is it fair and right to charge 3k for storage and 2k admin fee which were never mentioned or brought up prior to decision to get the car fixed elsewhere .
    Received valuable input from members ranging from: can’t do anything about it, to reach out to Ferrari n/a, reach out to BAR, use insurance (which btw in my case doesn’t cover storage or admin fee)which was initial intend VS out of pocket impact cost and no premium raise etc...

At my end this thread is closed as I got the advices and opinion I sought.

daytona355 likes this.
  13. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    The most important lingering question arising from this whole incident is whether CarFax is polly parroting it now.

BOKE likes this.
  14. Natkingcolebasket69

No hence the thread;)

paulchua likes this.
  15. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    #65 paulchua, Nov 1, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2019
    SonomaRik, BrettC, BOKE and 1 other person like this.
  16. Natkingcolebasket69

Yes which is why the 10hours diagnostic totally onboard with it but the miscellaneous fees, IMO, should have been mentioned from the start whether it’s Ferrari, McLaren, Ford etc. Usually storage is if u don’t pick up after a certain time but maybe I’m mistaken...admin fee see to be very exotic dealer like; can’t imagine a Chevy dealer assessing one:)

17. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky
    Make a video about your experience as your friend did.:D:D:D

18. Natkingcolebasket69

Yes-BTW no carfax report for his.

19. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

energy88 and BOKE like this.
  20. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky
    energy88 and Way2fast like this.
  21. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky
  22. WATSON

WATSON Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 9, 2010
    WI
    I'd buy the 1795 Road Runner at $89,500!!! It come with Wile E Coyote?

23. Rickenbach

Rickenbach F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 20, 2005
    West
    Full Name:
    Rickenhoser
    This really makes no sense. The cat is out of the bag, and your car is going to be worth at least 30% less than before the accident regardless of who does the repair. Why wouldn't you turn it in to insurance and be compensated for diminished value? You've already blown 1/3 of your budget before fixing anything.
    Something seems fishy here.

Axtellboy likes this.
  24. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    #74 ylshih, Nov 17, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2019
    It would be hard to get a diminished value payment for your own responsibility accident from your own insurance company..

25. Rickenbach

Rickenbach F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 20, 2005
    West
    Full Name:
    Rickenhoser
    I've never had a claim. I thought the purpose of insurance is to make you whole after an accident regardless of fault.

daytona355 likes this.