what do you enjoy more your sports car or sport bike | FerrariChat

what do you enjoy more your sports car or sport bike

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by dd61999, May 16, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dd61999

dd61999 Rookie

Oct 19, 2005
    What do you enjoy driving more

2. Miura Jota

Miura Jota F1 Rookie

May 26, 2004
    Toluca , Mexico
    Full Name:
    Martin
    there's no contest:

riding a sport bike is sublime and much more enjoyable and road involving than any car (convertibles included)

travelling in a bike is twice the fun .

sometimes WE ride 100 miles for nothing , just to enjoy the country

and is a blast to share those experiences with Bike enthusiasts friends

3. shiggins

shiggins Formula 3

Nov 20, 2004
    Well, I'm split. I enjoy my bikes more recreationally, and cars more competitively.

4. TheBigEasy

TheBigEasy F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jun 21, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Ethan Hunt
    Sports car hands down. I will take my 4 wheels and airbags over grandma running you into the pavement anyday. All it took was a buddy of mine to have to scrape his limbs with steel wool for a month to get all the junk out of them and I was done.

5. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    bike.

doody.

6. BigAl

BigAl F1 Veteran

Mar 17, 2002
    TX
    Full Name:
    GSgt Hartman
    depends on the day and my mood....

7. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

drag your knee on the ground and it's all motorcycle!

8. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    Agreed

9. DMOORE

DMOORE Formula 3

Aug 23, 2005
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Darrell
    QUOTE ferraripete :drag your knee on the ground and it's all motorcycle!

I totally agree. Car drivers that have never done it ,have no clue.

Darrell.

10. 348 Turbo

348 Turbo Formula 3

Jul 17, 2002
    No motorized vehicle has ever touched me like my R1 does.

11. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2004
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Preston
    Bike by a landslide

12. Chad072

Chad072 Karting

May 11, 2004
    Humble, Tx
    My car. I love riding my bike, but there are just too many things in the back of my mind when I'm on the road (other cars, cops, crap in the road, etc) and it really just kind of numbs the excitement. Plus, it's hot as hell here during the summer and riding around in a leather jacket and jeans sucks. But the track is a whole other story! So for cruising, I just pop the top off my Vette, grab me a honey and we're off.

13. Ciao Bello 348

Ciao Bello 348 Formula 3

Oct 3, 2005
    The Garden State, US
    Full Name:
    John C
    Two really different experiences. Both hard to put in words.

If I had to choose one, perfect scenerio:

Sport bike on an open highway with no traffic with 10 of my best riding buds. Pack of bikes "doing what we do" is a purely visceral (sp?) high.

14. Clax

Clax Formula 3

Oct 3, 2002
    I'd have to say car. When I am on my bike, I am so busy looking out for the crappy drivers that it takes away from the experience. I have had a few close calls with other drivers, so I am very aware on my bike. If it wasn't for the other drivers out there, I may have a different opinion.

15. Ershank

Ershank Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Jason Z
    If you enjoy your sportscar more than your bike, but you have a bike... Why not sell it?

The entire reason for having a bike is because it's so much more fun than any 4 wheeled vehicle... If it's not (for you), than it's just an increasingly risky form of transportation.

Either that, or you're saying your car because you dont have one and felt like lying.

16. robert biscan

robert biscan F1 Veteran

Jan 17, 2003
    Nashville and Palm b
    Full Name:
    robert s biscan
    I don't think there is any question that a bike is a hugh rush.

17. Choptop

Choptop F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2004
    Carmichael, CA
    Full Name:
    Alan Galbraith
    Cant beat a bike for the bang/buck.

$10k off the showroom floor and you have something that will outperform 99.99% of the cars on the planet. The BEST handling sports/luxo/extoic car in the WORLD cant touch the feel you get from your AVERAGE sport bike when cornering hard. Ramp that up to sportbike that is set up for you, and a good track to use it on... and yer in performance/handling heaven. The only thing holding you up... is the size of your balls.

I've driven some pretty cool cars, on some world class tracks... none of them come even remotely close to the sensation you'll get cornering a bike with yer knee on the ground, eyes wide as dinner plates, screaming/giggling in your helmet as you get ready to tap into 150hp to push the 390lb bike you are on out the exit and down the straight.

cars are for rainy days and grocery getting.

18. Chad072

Chad072 Karting

May 11, 2004
    Humble, Tx
    Ever ridden on the track? That's where the fun is. Nothing on the street beats doing 160+ down a front straight and hitting turn 1 at over 100mph. I can go out there and not worry about anything but the line I'm going to take for the next turn. Also, I don't have to worry about cops, cars, or crap in the middle of a turn. I was out riding with my friends once and I was leading the pack. I hit some gravel in the middle of the turn and lowsided. Nothing I could do. If I tried to slow down, I would have locked up the front and lost it, so I just braced myself and hoped the M1's would hold. They didn't, and I went flying down the road and into a ditch. Luckily, I had all of my gear on, so no rash.

19. Clax

Clax Formula 3

Oct 3, 2002
    Felt like lying. Yeah, okay pal. It's guys like you that make these internet boards a joke. My bike is not a form of transportation at all. It is a form of entertainment for me on certain days that amounts to about 500 miles use per year. If I had to choose between one of my exotic cars and a bike, I'd take one of the cars anyday of the week. But the fact is, I don't have to choose, and I like to have variety. I collect toys, and don't feel the need to sell anything. Do you understand now, or am I a liar?

20. Miura Jota

Miura Jota F1 Rookie

May 26, 2004
    Toluca , Mexico
    Full Name:
    Martin
    You got that right !!!

I love bikes and can't live without one.

they make all cars seem uninteresting and boring

21. Clax

Clax Formula 3

Oct 3, 2002
    If you like bikes so much and never intend on owning a Ferrari or similar (as stated in your profile), I'm a little puzzled as to what you would be doing posting on Ferrari Chat. Trying to convince exotic car owners that bikes are better? You'll find that most exotic car owners have (or have had) a bike.

22. Miura Jota

Miura Jota F1 Rookie

May 26, 2004
    Toluca , Mexico
    Full Name:
    Martin
  23. Miura Jota

Miura Jota F1 Rookie

May 26, 2004
    Toluca , Mexico
    Full Name:
    Martin
    interesting how CLAX got pissed by the comment of ERSHANK who is only 19 y.o

24. Chad072

Chad072 Karting

May 11, 2004
    Humble, Tx
    She only likes me for my money.

25. iceburns288

iceburns288 Formula 3

Jun 19, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Charles M.
    Well when you get it from a site called "Women and fast bikes"... come on! ;)

What does age have to do with anything?