What do u think this 250 GT replica is worth? | FerrariChat

What do u think this 250 GT replica is worth?

Discussion in 'Recreations & Non-Period Rebodies' started by ceeya32, Oct 5, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Less than current bid

2. Dave330gtc

Dave330gtc Formula Junior

Mar 12, 2002
    NW Indiana
    Full Name:
    David Smith
    I second that.

3. John Se

John Se Karting

Mar 15, 2005
    Scottsdañe
    25k fun car, nice looking, care free because it NOT the real deal, take it to the grocery store!!!, put bags of fertilizer in it from the home depot. they want about 40K for that car, they are dreaming!

4. Glassman

Glassman F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

I'd like to talk to the several Ferrari owners that drove the car and didn't know it wasn't an original.

5. ArtS

ArtS F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Central NJ
    There are many wonderful original cars in the $25k range (frankly, you can buy good driver higher milage 308 in that price range) so why would you bother with a fake?

My suggestion is to move this thread to the general section (or somewhere more appropriate) before the nasty comments start. Replicas/Fakes are generally frowned upon in the vintage section; they even don't like replicas which use Ferrari mechanicals!

Regards,

Art S.

6. ArtS

ArtS F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Central NJ
    Glassman,

Although it is poorly done, if a Ferrari owner who only knew modern cars drove it, he would have nothing to compare to and therefore would think they were all like that.

Regards,

Art S.

7. Vintage V12

Vintage V12 Formula 3

Aug 11, 2004
    It looks like a perfect car for a Hollywood film studio to purchase for a chase scene where the car would drive off a cliff, burst into flames and be gone forever.

8. TOOLFAN

TOOLFAN F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 23, 2005
    California
    Agreed. As we all know American V8s sound just like vintage Ferrari V12s. :D

9. John Vardanian

John Vardanian F1 Rookie

Jul 1, 2004
    San Francisco Area
    Full Name:
    John Vardanian
    That's really funny Matt.

10. MaranelloTX

MaranelloTX Karting

Apr 20, 2006
    United States
    Full Name:
    Tony G.
    the only replica I'd buy would be a 250 GTO

11. Julio Batista

Julio Batista Formula 3

Dec 22, 2005
    This "car" is worth a large negative number. You would have to pay me (a lot) to put this piece of crap in my garage.

Cheers

Julio

12. FERRARI NOS 1

FERRARI NOS 1 Rookie
    BANNED

Oct 3, 2006
    I thought a guy in Italy was dreaming also as he asked 100000 Euros for this fake.I'll rather buy a modena and keep the change.

13. kare

kare F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Nov 11, 2003
    Great choise, combines the worst parts two Ferraris: a maximal idiot magnet with no historical significance or real value. Best wishes, Kare

14. davidgoerndt

davidgoerndt Formula 3

Oct 25, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    Full Name:
    David Goerndt
    How does this fake, and all fakes in general, that use Ferrari badges get by with this? I would think the TM police would be all over these cars for unauthorized use of Ferrari TM's

15. Julio Batista

Julio Batista Formula 3

Dec 22, 2005
    They get by because there are so many Pininfarina or Zagato wannabes with more money than taste or respect that an army of lawyers couldn´t keep up with them all.

And these fake poseurs even believe building these contraptions on a GTE chassis somehow makes them "REAL FERRARIS"! They live the fantasy of a Ferrari creator by being a Ferrari destructor.

Julio

16. Bryanp

Bryanp F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2002
    Santa Fe, NM
    if I ever need a set of 1963-1967 MGB taillights, I know where to go . . . .

17. Tspringer

Tspringer F1 Veteran

Apr 11, 2002
    I like it. But agree that about $25K is all its worth.

Why would someone buy this over a real high mileage 308? Because its convertible? Because its faster? Because it looks really great? Because they already have a real Ferrari? Because they want a reliable and cheap to maintain fun car? I can think of lots and lots of reasons.

Its a cool looking car, its sure to be plenty quick, it will be reliable and cheap to maintain and I am sure its lots of fun to drive. It will never be worth anything but so what that can be an advantage. Drive the wheels off it and just have fun.

The prejudice against anything "replica" really amazes me sometimes. This car DID NOT use a Ferrari donor thus no original car was molested. It IS a really neat looking car. Whats the problem?

Terry

18. John Se

John Se Karting

Mar 15, 2005
    Scottsdañe

Why bother with a fake??, Hmmm a 308 has a rubber timing belt limited life engine, limited mehcanical access, twin points distributors, rust issues and its a style from the disco era. Dont get me wrong I like them and would deal with it. but if you want a feberglass beater, looks like a fun car!...if the price is right. I think a 308 is a 35K car whatever you pay for it, your gonna wind up with a 35K car.

19. dretceterini

dretceterini F1 Veteran

Apr 28, 2004
    Etceterini Land
    Full Name:
    Dr.Stuart Schaller
    That's not quite fair. I would use it if someone gave it to me :p

20. ArtS

ArtS F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Central NJ
    John and Terry,

You missed my point, you can get any number of great cars for that kind of money, Sunbeam Alpine as an example. But if you need the Ferrari badges, there are real Ferraris in that price range price range.

Terry, I agree with you that as an original Ferrari was not sacrificed to make it, it's not as bad.

My other point was, why is this thread here, besides styling cues, this car has nothing to do with vintage Ferraris.

Regards,

Art S.

21. dretceterini

dretceterini F1 Veteran

Apr 28, 2004
    Etceterini Land
    Full Name:
    Dr.Stuart Schaller
    a cheap playtoy with a warranty, check out the MazdaSport version of the Mazda 3. 263 hp, about 3000 pounds, and a window sticker of around $22,000....

22. F1Ace

F1Ace F1 Rookie

Mar 15, 2004
    Full Name:
    Wes
    And the nice thing about it is as you drive it around.....nobody will notice. ;)

23. dretceterini

dretceterini F1 Veteran

Apr 28, 2004
    Etceterini Land
    Full Name:
    Dr.Stuart Schaller

I am an enthusiast; not a pimp in a poser-mobile... :)

24. ceeya32

ceeya32 Karting

Nov 23, 2004
    So. N.J.
    Full Name:
    Mike Massaro
    Over the reserve!!!!!!!!!!!!!