What did you do to your other car(s) today? | FerrariChat

What did you do to your other car(s) today?

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by OttoB, Oct 25, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. OttoB

OttoB Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2013
    Palm Beach, FL
    #1 OttoB, Oct 25, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Well... Its a foregone conclusion that the overwhelming majority of the members in this forum own more than one car besides their mostly beloved 365/400/412... So, I figured since I started a thread where anyone and everyone could post about what they did to their Ferrari on that day, then why not create another thread to let others know what was done to the other cars in their stable? We are all the same people here that share the common bond of owning these Ferraris - so why not get to know about the other vehicles that drain all too quickly our checking accounts?

I will go first - this is my 1991 BMW 850i and I recently took it to 400+ mile trip to Tampa over the weekend. Other than the necessary wash to rid of the bugs, only a straightforward oil change and topping off the fluids was necessary yesterday. I also upgraded my son's child seat to a booster seat in the rear - so there's more room for all and looks better (no pic on that - not sexy!)...

Yours?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. erwin123

erwin123 Karting

Jan 20, 2011
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Erwin
    #2 erwin123, Oct 25, 2016
  3. roger21

roger21 Formula Junior

Aug 13, 2015
    France
    Full Name:
    Stéphane
    V12, V12, V12... Class, gentlemen! :)

4. OttoB

OttoB Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2013
    Palm Beach, FL
    I never, ever actually thought about it until your post, Stéphane. Well, yes... I guess I do own a V12 in my stable which actually predates ownership of non-V12 46567 by just 5 months!

Erwin - truly spectacular and beautiful XJS! I owned a '94 6 cyl. for close to 5 years and sold it with 173K+ miles after duly serving as daily for a while.

HOWEVER + BUT, there is already a thread on showing off your other cars:

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/365-gt4-2-2-400-412/419566-post-pics-your-other-cars.html

This is a new thread all together for... what did you do to your other cars today? Hope we get forum members to talk and share pictures about their other toys showing what kind of maintenance/modifications/etc. they do to them also!

5. Nathan76

Nathan76 Formula Junior

Jun 20, 2013
    Leicestershire, UK
    1988 3.2 Mondial Cabriolet which gets far more use whilst the 365 continues to be brought up to spec

6. Nathan76

Nathan76 Formula Junior

Jun 20, 2013
    Leicestershire, UK
    Lovely 850 BMW by the way
    That's a car that is definitely on the list to own.
    Plan is to offload the mondial once the 365 is finished and I'm considering a porsche turbo but the bmw could be a bit of a dark horse

7. Jürgen Geisler

Jürgen Geisler Formula Junior

Jan 16, 2015
    Good old Europe
    Full Name:
    Jürgen
    …nothing special, have used my daily driver, as usual without any problems after 45.000 miles (BMW 530 D, latest model). Wouldn't expect any fault below 100.000/150.000 miles, just regular services… It's a companies car so actually, after 3 year's, I'm about to order my next car.....

Will have my head gaskets changed on my 63 Corvette, there is some white smoke of the LHD bay.... The engine and all other compounents are completely matching numbers so I'll will have just the heads reworked…

8. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    #8 bjwhite, Oct 26, 2016
  9. SouthJersey400i

SouthJersey400i Formula 3

Mar 14, 2007
    Romulus, NY (Finger Lakes)
    Full Name:
    Ken Battle
    I just flew NJ to Wichita, KS and bought what will become my track car. It is a 2003 M-B E55 AMG that has been boosted up to 537 HP and some other mods. I will spend the winter putting it on a much needed diet. Here is the ebay link:
    Mercedes-Benz: E-Class E55 AMG | eBay
    I have a house 45 minutes from Watkins Glen and this big AutoBahn cruiser will love it. Will I love it? Time will tell. I would have preferred an E63 for same purpose but at half the cost, this one will have to do.
    I will give updates in the spring after it has been on track.
    Ken