What Bourbon/Scotch are you drinking? | Page 18 | FerrariChat

What Bourbon/Scotch are you drinking?

Discussion in 'Drink, Smoke, and Fine Dining' started by gh0st0, Oct 24, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. soulsea

soulsea Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 14, 2018
    Full Name:
    @soulseainsc
  2. Camelot

Camelot Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2013
    down South
  3. armedferret

armedferret Formula 3

Mar 24, 2018
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Had to be out and about today at a couple different tailors so i stopped at a few nearby spots and found 2 old favorites and 2 totally new ones for me.

Happy Whiskey Wednesday!!

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Camelot, Camp Freddie and soulsea like this.
  4. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Got this yesterday. Entered a lottery last fall. I checked all the boxes for the rare whiskey offerings.
    See what else I find there!

5. armedferret

armedferret Formula 3

Mar 24, 2018
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Congrats!! MD's "spring" lottery runs this week for entries, and announced on the 4th. Both Mrs and I entered so fingers crossed. :)

Stagg is absolutely amazing. The finish alone is 128 of the 129 price tag there. ;)

Camp Freddie, NbyNW and soulsea like this.
  6. soulsea

soulsea Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 14, 2018
    Full Name:
    @soulseainsc
    Congrats, you did a lot better than me.

Hard to believe that Blanton's is even considered a lottery item, almost insulting tbh.

My win is that I get to pay you $10 less than at my local liquor store, thanks a bunch TW. :rolleyes:

7. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Yeah, agree, it’s usually available around here.
    I almost deleted the email, thought it was more of their marketing spam.

soulsea and armedferret like this.
  8. armedferret

armedferret Formula 3

Mar 24, 2018
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Mark
    If you want, I'm happy to keep an eye out for the next time the Naval Academy gets some in and I'll happily grab one for you. We're passing thru SC on our way to Tough Mudder Atlanta in April. :)

soulsea likes this.
  9. soulsea

soulsea Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 14, 2018
    Full Name:
    @soulseainsc
    Alight this is an interesting one, and yes I'm well aware what time it is ...

From KO:

“The Last Rye Batch No. 4 is the final release in this series, bottling some of the last stocks of our rye blend in inventory that have continued to mature until the blend is at its peak,” says Master Blender Dixon Dedman. “It truly marks the end of an amazing journey for Kentucky Owl since the first rye release in 2017,”

I decided to crack it open. So far so good, I'm very impressed with it. It's actually deserving of a proper whiskey glass moving forward. That's as high a rating as I can give a whiskey. :)

Camp Freddie, armedferret and NbyNW like this.
  10. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Camp Freddie, armedferret and soulsea like this.
  11. armedferret

armedferret Formula 3

Mar 24, 2018
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Mark
    What a beautiful unicorn right there.

NbyNW likes this.
  12. Stephanie

Stephanie F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 23, 2006
    The Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephanie
  13. soulsea

soulsea Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 14, 2018
    Full Name:
    @soulseainsc
    Finally got around to opening this.

This is a wonderful bourbon ... one of the rare ones that punches way above its $100 price.

I wholeheartedly recommend it.

Camp Freddie and armedferret like this.
  14. armedferret

armedferret Formula 3

Mar 24, 2018
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Mark
    There's a shop down in DC that has a bottle of the 2018 version, but I like the 2020 bottle way better.....finding someone who will ship to MD (it's officially unlawful because the handful of "authorized" distributors in the state are all owned in whole or in part by members of the legislature...only 'authorized' distributors are allowed to ship liquor into MD) is a bit of a pain, so I'll have to keep my eyes open on the road trip comin up :D

ETA: Almost forgot, killing off some maker's (small bottle Mrs. bought ages ago for "bourbon with honey" when sick--stuff WORKS!!) in coke with dinner. :)

Camp Freddie and soulsea like this.
  15. armedferret

armedferret Formula 3

Mar 24, 2018
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Mark
    No success on the MD lottery so I'll be BTAC-free for another year. :\

Guess I'll just drink cheap Blanton's till then. :p

Drill weekend for us, so I'm definitely earning it tonight....I swear some of my Airmen are going to make me a part owner in the distillery by the time I retire. :D

16. armedferret

armedferret Formula 3

Mar 24, 2018
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Bonus points, John Wick Chapter 2 is on the telly so my choice is even better-er

17. armedferret

armedferret Formula 3

Mar 24, 2018
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Technically it's rye, but it's close enough ;)

Found a little spot in the Garden District for a drink while we rest up (lots of walking) and they had a line of BTAC on the shelf. Already had GTS and while I'll be delighted to have it again, I've not yet had any other BTAC label. So I went for the (surprisingly cheap!! though maybe thats from being near DC so long) Thomas H Handy. VERY happy with the decision this is DELICIOUS.

jahdish and Camp Freddie like this.
  18. armedferret

armedferret Formula 3

Mar 24, 2018
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Anyone want a bottle of the Willett family estate 4 yr rye? Found a few at a little shop near the hotel. :)

19. GatorFL

GatorFL Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Nov 18, 2005
    Wellington, FL
    Full Name:
    Duane
    How much? I can get the 4 year here sometimes for around $70. I have a couple bottles and one is always open. It's one of those bottles that seems to get better and better the more it oxidizes.

I'd love to add a couple bottles of Thomas H. Handy to my collection. If you see any of that out there, LMK.

armedferret likes this.
  20. armedferret

armedferret Formula 3

Mar 24, 2018
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Mark
    50 per!! Better than I got it for last time so i grabbed two. Vieux Carre on Chartres. ;)

Handy is AMAZING. Any I see on a shelf that isnt secondary priced is definitely going home with me!! Same goes for the rest of the BTAC line.

GatorFL likes this.
  21. soulsea

soulsea Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 14, 2018
    Full Name:
    @soulseainsc
    Tried this out last night.

It's fine, nothing terrible or remarkable about it, can't taste the solera aging element but it's still a well put together bourbon, the equivalent of which can easily be found at half the price.

Also stopped by the store today and picked this up:

NbyNW, Camp Freddie and armedferret like this.
  22. Camp Freddie

Camp Freddie Karting

Oct 19, 2015
    London, Doha, Beirut
    You boys don't know how good you've got it. I made the long slog on Saturday to the only and only booze shop in the country and managed to score these for an obscene price. Bring on vaccinations, international travel and airport duty free deals...

NbyNW, soulsea and armedferret like this.
  23. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Hate to ask what you paid. My latest Totalwine order delivered to my door for $10 among other things I got a bottle of Woodford. $30.99. Unfortunately they don’t deliver some of the better choices, but Woodford isn’t anything to complain about!

24. armedferret

armedferret Formula 3

Mar 24, 2018
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Mark
  25. Camp Freddie

Camp Freddie Karting

Oct 19, 2015
    London, Doha, Beirut
    Part of the deal with living in the Gulf is booze isn't readily available. I paid $112- for the Woodford and $85- for the Knob. Everything will close soon for Ramadan so need to stock up. Need a license too with a strict monthly quota but we are allowed an unlimited amount of pork....

I haven't been able to leave since I managed a weekend back in London Feb'20. I need to get back to the UK & Lebanon soon. What I wouldn't give for a pint of Doombar and a short in a pub in Camden.

soulsea, NbyNW and armedferret like this.