West Coast Series | FerrariChat

West Coast Series

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by johnhoughtaling, Jul 29, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. johnhoughtaling

johnhoughtaling Formula 3

Nov 6, 2002
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    John William H.
    Dear all Ferrari Challenge racers:

We are looking at dates for 2012. The response to FCRA's success has been amazing. We have Grand AM, HSR, FNA and other organizations and sanctioning bodies who are talking to us about next year. I expect we will be running alongside two pro events next year. There is also interest in the series being televised, and I will keep all of you up on the developments. Things are happening fast.

The overwhelming success of the FCRA is due in large part to the five (5) cost saving principles that have been enacted. The first is that the sponsor money goes directly to the drivers and not for promotor profit. The second is the allowance of previous model cars, and the third is the no touching rule, which cuts down on physical damage. The fourth is the allowance to run steel brakes on the 430. The fifth is the regional nature of the events which keeps down transportation and travel costs.

Looking forward, I have always envisioned the FCRA as a regional series, but I have also envisioned growth. In the near future I expect the FCRA to announce a West Coast series to run alongside the current east coast FCRA calendar. Once this is established, I expect we will have a national US finals race which will decide the national champions.

To accomplish a West Coast series, I need to recruit a chairman and a board. I am looking for board members with strong contacts with west coast challenge car owners, and strong promotional skills. Since this is a club series, the board will consist of non-paid positions If you know of someone you would like to nominate please email me at [email protected]. When we launch the West Coast Series will depend upon how quickly we can organize a west coast board. My goal is for the FCRA to run preliminary races on the West Coast in 2012, and have a full West Coast series by 2013.

2. WCH

WCH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 16, 2003
    John, too risky to try a national series? I don't know how other drivers feel, but I would take a west coast race at Laguna or Sears Point (ahem, Mazda Raceway or Infineon) over an East Coast track I don't love.

I do love spending your administrative time and money encouraging you to explore my great ideas ... in 2013, let's go to Spa, can you set that up for me? ;)

See you at the Glen, cheers and thanks again for putting all this together, Will