West Chester C&C Spring Drive | Page 8 | FerrariChat

West Chester C&C Spring Drive

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by dlbutler, Feb 13, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Kubes

Kubes Formula Junior

Dec 26, 2011
    Phoenixville PA
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    Very excited for tomorrow, especially after a rough week at work. And after initially being bummed, happy Scott came to his senses to come along after all!

Planning to swing by C&C on my way down. Think the plan was to get going from there around 8:30?

Also psyched to see JoeMac's new beauty. This is going to be epic with 40+ cars! Awesome. And thanks again in advance for putting this drive together, Don!

See you all tomorrow!

Cheers!
    Dennis

2. brianb351

brianb351 Rookie

Feb 10, 2013
    Amwaj, Bahrain
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Don, looking forward to thanking you in person for all you have done to make this happen. Very much looking forward to the drive tomorrow.

3. Oakes Detail

Oakes Detail Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2009
    West Chester, PA
    Full Name:
    Oakes Detail
    Almost made a similar decision as scott, for myself. Decided, as some of you know, that I slave away too much and need a day to myself. Among you all as planned, see you in the am!

4. swexlin

swexlin Formula 3

Dec 3, 2010
    West Chester, PA
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Appreciate it Joe.

For those of us driving from West Chester C&C, departure time from there is 8:30, correct?

5. jgoodman

jgoodman F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 29, 2009
    Central PA
    Full Name:
    Jay Goodman
    I thought you guys are leaving WC closer to about 10:00 am. Just gonna hang and enjoy the sights for a while. Don?

6. dlbutler

dlbutler Formula 3

Sep 18, 2009
    The Drive starts elsewhere. The West Chester locals will caravan from C&C.

7. dlbutler

dlbutler Formula 3

Sep 18, 2009
    Jim,

Sorry you will miss the Drive, but it is for a good cause. I hope your Father recovers soon.

Don

8. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    Ditto Don, Jim I hope your Dad recovers quickly. Your absence will be noticed and it has been far too long since we spent time. See you at a C and C in the near future....or the Castaway Critters Hershey show? Jon in Delaware

9. swexlin

swexlin Formula 3

Dec 3, 2010
    West Chester, PA
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Jim, take care of your pop! Hope he recovers soon.

10. Joe Mac

Joe Mac Formula 3

Jim, take care of your dad and we will see you soon.

11. NissanGuy23

NissanGuy23 Karting

Jan 14, 2011
    West Chester, PA
    Full Name:
    Andrew McQuaide
    I know this is very last min, but my friend Arnold will be joining us in his midnight purple 335xi.

12. evilfij

evilfij Rookie

Oct 31, 2004
    Main Line, PA
    I thought I would have to work, can someone please PM me the meeting place ASAP?

Thanks!

13. Britzky9

Britzky9 Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2010
    Phila region
    Sent...we are meeting / departing from WC C&C in about 25 mins...

14. Cobraownr

Cobraownr Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 6, 2008
    Edgewater, MD
    Full Name:
    Donald Silawsky
    Having accomplished the singular (for me) achievement of making it to the mid-way break point not just in the same half day as everyone else, but in the same hour, and by actually following the route instructions (with only an occasional draft from brother Curtis; gorgeous 308!), I decided to not push my luck, or skills, any further today so headed straight for home from there. Thanks to Don for all of the work scoping out the route. The part that I drove was nicely challenging. I hope everyone made it to the finish and restaurant in good shape, and without irritating the citizenry (too much).

15. pnicholasen

pnicholasen Formula 3

Jan 14, 2011
    South of Philly
    Full Name:
    Paul Nicholasen
    Thanks so much Don! What a great route, what perfect weather, and what a great time. Must have been a lot of work in planning it and arranging lunch. What a blast...

16. cs s60

cs s60 Karting

May 16, 2005
    PA
    Don, thanks again for all the work of putting this together. My first time and it truly was a blast!

17. rmacchione

rmacchione Rookie

Nov 24, 2007
    Philaburbia
    Full Name:
    Ryan Mac
    #192 rmacchione, Apr 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  18. Britzky9

Britzky9 Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2010
    Phila region
    #196 Britzky9, Apr 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  19. swexlin

swexlin Formula 3

Dec 3, 2010
    West Chester, PA
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Fantastic day. Thanks first to Don for organizing it, and lending me his navigator. We only got off track once....well, maybe twice....!!

It was terrific hanging and driving with everyone, and seeing some folks I haven't seen in a while. The roads were great (not always "lowered-car friendly" LOL), and I'm sure I'll be cleaning horses*** of my car for weeks to come. But it was all worth it, as we got to drive our cars the way they were meant to be driven - hard and fast! Felt really good to wind the tach up and let 'er rip.

What a great collection of vehicles as well, spanning 40 years. Good times. And certainly better than a day at the office!

Scott

20. The_Pagani_Kid

The_Pagani_Kid Formula Junior

Nov 21, 2011
    MD
    Full Name:
    Eli
  21. Daytona BeauTTy

Daytona BeauTTy Karting

Feb 20, 2012
    Kennett Square, PA
    Full Name:
    Michael Abens
    Ditto what has already been said. What a great route! Major thanks and appreciation to Don for what had to have been weeks of work in preparation. We all owe you one.

Michael

22. NissanGuy23

NissanGuy23 Karting

Jan 14, 2011
    West Chester, PA
    Full Name:
    Andrew McQuaide
    Sweet pics Eli!