West Chester C&C Spring Drive | Page 8 | FerrariChat

West Chester C&C Spring Drive

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by dlbutler, Mar 31, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. swexlin

swexlin Formula 3

Dec 3, 2010
    West Chester, PA
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Guess I'll be solo then. Weather is looking good! See everyone in the morning.

2. Alxlee

Alxlee F1 Rookie

Apr 8, 2002
    Wilmington, DE
    Full Name:
    Alex Lee
    Ehhhhh, I'll be solo probably hope you didn't make it too hard!

3. nickd

nickd Formula Junior

Nov 20, 2006
    Landenberg PA
    Full Name:
    Nick Dunlop
    55 Speedster's didn't come with a trip meter with tenth's of a mile so I hope all the instructions are at whole miles !!!

See y'all in the morning

Nick

4. Crazy4Carz

Crazy4Carz Karting

Jan 10, 2011
    Pike Creek, DE
    Full Name:
    Steve Gray
    That's great! Glad to hear it. See you in the morning.

5. jimangle

jimangle F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2003
    Haverford
    Full Name:
    James
    Yeah, Im not going to be able make this. Have fun guys!

6. tajaro

tajaro Formula Junior

Mar 22, 2009
    Gulfport Florida
    Full Name:
    Erik V
    Great fun- sorry I had to miss lunch. Lots of excitement though!

See you all next time.

Erik

7. away

away Formula Junior

Aug 5, 2004
    Lansdale, PA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    A seriously good time with some seriously great people. Had a blast out there today guys. Thanks again so much Don for putting it all together.

250+ miles total driven swilling fuel at a frugal 16mpg!

8. swexlin

swexlin Formula 3

Dec 3, 2010
    West Chester, PA
    Full Name:
    Scott
    #183 swexlin, May 7, 2011
    Last edited: May 7, 2011
    I second that! A fantastic day, and especially thanks to Don for putting this together. A great group, great roads, and really gave me a chance to push the Viper harder than I ever have. She sure is filthy, but it was worth it. The lunch spot was great.

I didn't have to put the top up on the way home, just a few drops of rain. Oh, and 14 mpg! Not bad at all, total of 190 miles for me today, including the trip back home.

Scott

9. Crazy4Carz

Crazy4Carz Karting

Jan 10, 2011
    Pike Creek, DE
    Full Name:
    Steve Gray
    What a great day! beautiful weather, gorgeous cars, and a great group of people. Thanks for hosting a wonderful event.

Almost makes me sorry I didn't take the hard top off.

10. nickd

nickd Formula Junior

Nov 20, 2006
    Landenberg PA
    Full Name:
    Nick Dunlop
    Don you are indeed a gent - sorting the route and then having me tag along, although you did try to loose me once !! - excellent time.

Good thing about a Speedster is no fuel gauge, just a short wooden stick, so absolutely no idea of mpg but what the heck ..... there's still gas in the tank after 189 miles....

11. dima

dima Rookie

Dec 6, 2010
    Absolutely awesome roads. This clearly took a lot of work to put together.
    THANK YOU Don

12. PHC1

PHC1 Formula Junior

Nov 21, 2007
    Pa
    Full Name:
    Serge
    Fantastic rally! Great roads that allowed me to get familiar with my new Cayman R. :) We both had a great time. Thanks Don!

13. ztarum

ztarum Formula 3

Mar 30, 2008
    South Jersey, USA
    #188 ztarum, May 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  14. AlanRS

AlanRS Formula Junior

Jan 3, 2009
    DE
    Great time! Sorry I had to duck out early but it was great seeing everyone and some great roads.

Thanks again Don!

15. B-26

B-26 Formula Junior

Jan 9, 2009
    Glen Mills PA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    I'm exhausted! Thanks Don, that was well done.

16. Ferris Bueller

Ferris Bueller Formula 3

Mar 23, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Dominic
    thanks again Don
    It was my first time meeting the West Chester crew and the drive was a ton of fun.
    I will be doing more saturday C&C in the future.

Most excitement of the day was the first rest stop.
    Forgive me, dont know the names of everyone but the Porsche coming to a screeching stop was great...Just not for the Ferrari in front of him!

17. nickd

nickd Formula Junior

Nov 20, 2006
    Landenberg PA
    Full Name:
    Nick Dunlop
    #192 nickd, May 7, 2011
    Last edited: May 7, 2011
    'screeching stop' oh that was VINCE.....

18. nickd

nickd Formula Junior

Nov 20, 2006
    Landenberg PA
    Full Name:
    Nick Dunlop
    #193 nickd, May 7, 2011
    now seems a good opportunity to fly the flag for an end of year DE at NJMP - Jon has handed over the chair to yours truly so it would be remiss of me to not let you know registration is OPEN so sign up - if you had fun today you'll have double on the track .....
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

19. VGM911

VGM911 Formula 3

Apr 8, 2007
    New Jersey
    Don,

Thanks for all of your hard work - job well done! Great choice of roads. Of course, it didn't hurt that the weather was picture perfect, too.

20. SATedeschi

SATedeschi Formula Junior

Dec 29, 2007
    USA Delaware
    Full Name:
    Steve Tedeschi
    Don- Thanks for arranging the event today. You did a great job.

21. JoeZaff

JoeZaff F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 5, 2007
    Philly suburbs
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Don, Great Job!

At first I wanted to kill you after we got lost a few times, than I realized my good buddy and co-pilot was probably the worst navigator in the history of the automobile...next to me :)

Nonetheless, the scenery was fantastic, the roads were perfect and once we started following Jon W. life became soooo much easier.

Definitely the last time I lead a group unless I know exactly where I am going. To those of you who joined us on our own makeshift rally, thank you for your patience, it was still a lot of fun, even if it mean circling Little Britain Road for an hour!!!

Jay, what happened? I looked in my rear view mirror and it looked like your backend just came around on you out of nowhere. You didn't even seem to be going that fast when it happened. Great save, I was certain that you were toast.

Don, I can't believe how that little Lotus scoots. You were cooking on some of those backroads.

22. dlbutler

dlbutler Formula 3

Sep 18, 2009
    I'm glad everyone ...well, almost everyone... :) enjoyed the drive.

If you noticed the names between some of the instructions, some of the roads were from an old JoeZaff drive and about half of the roads in the second half were from a BobC drive. I added some new roads and "knitted" it all together. It took a bit of work, we used version 3.3.2, but even that was fun.

We had a "Magic" day; Great Weather, no trucks, no SUV's, no one needed their AAA towing card . . . I was enjoying driving and the scenery so much that I almost missed a turn. It was Brandon's fault though, he wasn't yelling "Turn Right Here!" loud enough!

I hope we get to do this again soon. How about a drive called "Where's JoeZaff?" :D Sorry you had a problem Joe. Next time I'll loan Brandon to you. That should work just fine, your ears are younger than mine. :)

23. TurboRegal84

TurboRegal84 Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2007
    Southern NJ
    #199 TurboRegal84, May 8, 2011
    Don,

Great job on putting this route together...fantastic group, perfect combination of roads, and you definitely gave the Amish something to talk about!

A special bonus was that I managed to pick up enough horse manure on my tires to fill flower beds at my house...thanks for saving me the trip to Hope Depot or Lowes :)

Averaged 19.7 MPG as well!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

24. captglen

captglen Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2007
    West Palm Beach, Fl
    Full Name:
    Glenn L.
    Don , Great Great Job,
    Was good to see the everyone