Wanted - Well cared for 599 Fiorano | FerrariChat

Wanted Well cared for 599 Fiorano

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by ddrewesusa, Apr 13, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ddrewesusa

ddrewesusa F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2021
    92,955,807 miles from the sun
    Full Name:
    Don Drewes
    I am looking for a 2009/2010 599 Fiorano.

I know this post may be a little long, and I do apologize for that, but since I have not been registered on this board long, only lurking for many years, I thought I should introduce myself a little bit.

This would be my first Ferrari. It took a very long time and a lot of long hours and work over the years to put myself in a position to purchase my first Ferrari. I, as well as many I have read about on this board, grew up watching Magnum PI with that awesome 308 and Miami Vice with that white Testarossa. Now all I could dream about was owning that F40, but I knew it was going to take a lot of work to get there. Well, looking at the price of an F40 today, I think I am still in that position I was in 35 years ago; I think it is just a little out of reach, but I am ok with that.

I was always a Formula 1 fan and back in the early 80's I would read the newspaper to get the tv listings for the week and see if the 5 channels broadcasted were going to show the formula 1 race. Ferrari was at the top of their game and the cars were awesome. Between the Grand Prix's and the Ferrari's on the most popular tv shows during the 80's, I was hooked. What I didn't know is if I would ever get to the position of owning one.

I have been following the 599 for almost 15 years and I liked the way they looked and sounded. I am not in a rush to purchase, it has already taken me a long time to get here, and I would like to find that 599 owner that is ready to transition their prized 599 to a new owner for the long haul. I intend to have this car for a very long time.

I am not interested in a vehicle at a dealer or on the standard car listings sites, unless the actual owner Private Messages me here on this board. Since I do not have a swath of experience purchasing or maintaining Ferrari's at this time, even though I have been following the issues people post on the forums for years, I will have Mike over at Yellow Compass handle vetting.

The items below are at the top of my list, but please Private Message me if you have other colors/years since other special options may override these selections. If you own the car, it was special to you, it may become special to me also.

Exterior Colors:
    * Nurburgring Metallic (Silver)
    * Grigio Silverstone Metallic (Gray)

Interior Colors:
    * Beige
    * Cuoio
    * Sabia
    * Black

* 2009/2010 years preferred
    * Less than 20k miles
    * Please no 3000 mile museum vehicle. I am not interested in paying a museum premium, there are collectors that would be privileged to own that vehicle, but if you do have a real low mileage 599, you can still Private Message me. I just want to manage expectations on this.
    * No significant modifications such as ECU tunes, exhaust modifications, lowering, etc.
    * Should have service records, including all majors performed. I understand multi owner cars may have some difficulty with some records from previous owners, but if you have the full records, that would be a plus. Current owners should have all records during their ownership at a minimum, I have that on every rinky-dink car I have ever owned. I have been reading on this board for years and I believe everyone understands these cars are maintenance intensive, these are not Honda's, so no one is surprised that there is usually a stack of records.
    * HGTE would be preferred, not required, it's not a big deal.
    * Out of respect to current owners, I am not going to list all the options I would want since there were a ton of options available and I may really like the vehicle you have without a certain option.

I have made this post way too long already so please Private Message me if you have a 599 you would like to transition to a new owner.

Thanks,
    Donavan

sixcarbs and Texas Forever like this.
  2. MikeJ

MikeJ Rookie

Jun 2, 2005
    I too worked my way up to a 599......time for a change now. I did enjoy F1 when Schumi dominated, not so much now. I have the perfect 599 bought from a Ferrari maintenance and concours fanatic. It may not be what you want since it is red, but aren't they all supposed to be red?

I will gather photos and full records as I prepare for sale this Spring. Contact me if you want to discuss specifics; [email protected]

2008 599 GTB Fiorano,s/n 158900. Red/Natural. 14,100mi, Red calipers, shields, Carbon Driving Zone, Daytona Electric Seats, Monolithic 20’s, Kept in climage controlled garage and driven on sunny days only, Includes Ferrari car and seat covers, battery charger, Red Book and Promotional Book, Sticker at $351,886, Concours winning car, all service records.$159,000

Image Unavailable, Please Login

XLNLIFE, Eric Bauer and sixcarbs like this.