Weight loss shakes | FerrariChat

Weight loss shakes

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by WILLIAM H, Nov 6, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    So I'm using this new product called Visalus for losing weight and its working well so far. Dropped 5# in 3 days. I sort of hit a wall and got tired of dieting so this is useful for getting me back in control again. Its a whole system w protein shakes, appetite suppresants, vitamins, etc

http://www.visalus.com/

2. 1_can_dream

1_can_dream F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Kyle
    Eating healthy and getting regular exercise works too...

3. Mrpbody44

Mrpbody44 F1 Veteran

Jul 5, 2007
    St Augustine Florida
    Full Name:
    Steve Metz
    William try this it works much better.

http://www.fourhourbody.com/

I have lost 22 lbs in 6 weeks and I was not much over weight. Easy modded Paleo diet. No calorie counting. My gym time went from 8-9 hours a week to 2.5 hours and I am in much better shape.

4. WILLIAM H

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Thats easy when I'm alone but when I'm w the family its a lot more difficult since they always bring in chocolate & cheetos & junk which is my achilles heel

5. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    As long as they aren't holding you down and shoving it in your mouth you should be fine! :)

We are pre-programmed to go for calorie and fat dense foods. But at some point, you have to be accountable to yourself and say no.

I deal with patients all the time with these challenges. At the end of the day, does being healthy outweigh chocolate and Cheetos?

6. brownsgolf

brownsgolf Formula Junior

Dec 18, 2007
    Western PA
    Full Name:
    Dan
    I've got a friend on Facebook who has been touting these and talking about how great they work. I have heard from no one else on the quality of them and have been a bit dubious in believing her claims as she is also selling them. I'll have to look into it a bit farther before I decide for myself, but they might be a say to help kick start or finish of a weight loss program.

7. Xcheckme

Xcheckme Formula 3

May 10, 2011
    Tampa Bay
    Full Name:
    Lukas
    whenever a website contains lots of information about how great of a business opportunity it is, it makes me a bit suspicious. Just click on the "prosperity your future (doesn't this just scream "here's another MLM crap idea"????).

8. WILLIAM H

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    #8 WILLIAM H, Nov 28, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2011
    The site sounds a little AMWAY but the product works which is all I care about

I'm not a distributor

btw dropped 10# in last 3 weeks

9. Whisky

Whisky Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    I think the way a lot of those shakes and diet foods operate is if you are eating them then that means you are NOT eating something 'bad'.

Self-discipline is far and away the biggest key, you either have it or you don't.

10. WILLIAM H

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Definately, sometimes I have it & sometimes I dont :)

Great thing about these shakes is dropping in some sugar free choc sauce, its a lot like a choc shake then

11. Mrpbody44

Mrpbody44 F1 Veteran

Jul 5, 2007
    St Augustine Florida
    Full Name:
    Steve Metz
    The trick it 25 grams of protein with in 30 min of waking up. Your whey protein you get at Target will do the trick.

12. WILLIAM H

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    A calorie counter helps a lot too. Yesterday on a 2.5hr bike ride I burnt almost 1900 & dropped 1 more #

13. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    Low carbs, no alcohol. Eat all the protein and veggies and salad you want.
    Ed

14. WILLIAM H

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    On the + side now that I dropped 11 # I'm less inclined to eat crap if I don't have a Vshake handy

Dropping 11# during holidays is awesome :)

15. Ferraribot

Ferraribot F1 Veteran

#15 Ferraribot, Dec 5, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2011
    sounds like that Isagenix stuff some ho my ex was messing around with sold. I used to drink them a lot in the mornings when I was with him. I also used to seem to have a lot more upset stomachs. What I think is interesting is that the ho who sells them is always putting on her facebook updates about how many inches she's losing. If you total them all up, she'd have about a negative 25-inch waist by now. So obviously she's gaining back whatever she loses and then goes back to the shakes and loses the inches again. I'm not saying this type of stuff is bad for you, but it's just substituting a meal that you may eat that is unhealthy with something with a certain number of calories and certain nutrients in it.

I cut out carbs from my diet and once I got used to it I no longer crave sugar at all, and yes, I definitely used to.

16. Ferraribot

Ferraribot F1 Veteran

+1

....except I just make sure I drink red wine now instead of champagne, mixed drinks, etc. (okay, maybe drink those rarely :p)

17. Mrpbody44

Mrpbody44 F1 Veteran

Jul 5, 2007
    St Augustine Florida
    Full Name:
    Steve Metz
    +1 on the red wine I have a glass of Malbec every night.

18. WILLIAM H

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Does the Ho have big breasteses ? :) Can I get her # ? LOL

19. jackalan996

jackalan996 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 28, 2012
    to minimize or reduce the weight. you have to do some meaning full exercise activity with a regularity.
    doing exercise just for 30 mints it is enough for weight loss.
    and also change the eating habits.
    mostly use the less fat foods and vegetables...
    eat the fruits after every 1 hours.
    drink water mostly 6 to 8 glasses in day....

20. Frips_Girl

Frips_Girl Formula Junior

Nov 29, 2007
    SoCal & TO
    Full Name:
    Annetta
    Weight loss shakes can be okay once in a while as a meal replacement, however just ensure to look at the label to see what is actually filling you up.

Depending on what time of day I workout... for example, if I finish a workout just before lunch, sometimes I opt to have a protein shake instead of a full meal. Not a weight loss shake but a protein one that helps rebuild the muscles.

2 brands that I recommend...
    - Premier Nutrition. Can be found at Costco. The numbers are excellent with 30g of protein and minimal sugar.
    - Muscle Milks (no milk actually in there) light chocolate protein shake. The numbers aren't as strong as Premier Nutrition, but I actually prefer the quantity and taste a bit better.

Pair it with a banana, or a light salad and it should be a decent and healthy meal replacement.

21. Ferraribot

Ferraribot F1 Veteran

I'll give it to you if you like fake ass women who cheat on their husbands. She's not bad looking for a mother of five. Just say the word, I'll post her pic. :D

22. hilton1

hilton1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 7, 2012
    Eat small meals 5 times a day. Your body thinks it is starving.
    Your metabolisim is on survival mode.

23. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    With a bio like that Zophie, I think inquiring minds need to see.

24. Ferraribot

Ferraribot F1 Veteran

#24 Ferraribot, Jun 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  25. lowmiler

lowmiler Karting

Aug 9, 2010
    Might not be able to call muscle milk "healthy" soon. I think it is one of the worst protein shakes on the market. Do you really want to pay for and drink all that fat? I think Muscle milk light has almost the same macro nutrient percentage as regular muscle milk, only a smaller serving size so it appears "lighter"?

http://www.nutraingredients-usa.com/Regulation/More-nutrient-content-class-action-woes-as-Muscle-Milk-lawsuit-proceeds