Weak AC when car sits in the sun | FerrariChat

Weak AC when car sits in the sun

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by duxz360, Aug 12, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. duxz360

duxz360 Rookie

Nov 19, 2016
    Hello everyone, everything was fine with my beautiful FF until recently. We've been having some really hot days where I live and due to the parking situation at my current workplace the car sits in the sun between 8 30 AM and 4 30 PM. It was all actually OK before, Id get in the car , roll down the windows, AC on coldest and maximum fan speed , once cold air starts coming out I'd put it on recirculation and roll up the windows. It was quite chilly in the car. But this summer it takes much longer for cold air to start blowing and it just doesn't feel right as it did before. I tested the temperature at the middle AC vent when the car was parked in my garage , 5 minutes running it with recirculation on at night and it was blowing out air at 9 degrees Celsius. I tested it on a hot day coming back from work and it was blowing out air at 14 degrees Celsius, so much warmer.

The dealership put UV in the AC system to test for leaks but no visible leaks were found in the system. The compressor kicks on no problems, the cabin filter was changed and I even replaced the AC condenser thinking that there could be a micro crack somewhere. AC was charged up to spec (no gas missing).Only thing that I feel like I haven't tried is tinting the windows but I hate the look of that

2. 350MH83

350MH83 Formula 3

Jul 11, 2014
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Max
    It looks like you have tested/swapped everything that could be a reason... Maybe something obstructing the condenser like tree leaves? But I would think this would have been spotted when swapping out the condenser.
    Another thing could be the cabin filter being clogged up, but I am sure that was checked as well.

3. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Arizona?

Marcel Massini