'We Are Approaching the End of the Automotive Era' | Page 2 | FerrariChat

'We Are Approaching the End of the Automotive Era'

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by NürScud, Nov 11, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Zzono

Zzono Karting

Apr 21, 2008
    I am not sure, why major OEMs from Germany would die or would have no chance in the future, but GM....

All the information Bob states in his interview must be outdated.
    BMW already have car-sharing system (Drive Now) and have recently acquired lots of Start Ups in Silicon Valley.
    MB also have Car2Go.

Most patents regarding autonomous driving are held by Bosch, Continental, BMW, Daimer and Audi.. They are all from Germany.

Probably, only Google and Apple do exist as companies in his brain.

2. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    M-B will probably be fine, because some people will want the "prestige" of the three pointed star. But anyone who differentiates based on their driving experience (BMW, Porsche, for example), will have difficulty. And M-B will have to adapt to keep their truck business, and their taxi business. But I imagine they'll be able to.

3. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Mercedes is gearing up for an all electric car line. Cars hiting showrooms in 2019. They will be introducing a new model every year after that. Benz in no way sitting on the side lines.

4. Isobel

Isobel F1 World Champ

Jun 30, 2007
    On a Wave's Chicane
    Full Name:
    Is, Izzy for Australians
    My only fear is the same one I had when I was 16, they’ll kill us on insurance if we don’t agree to tiller free.