WAZE app - if you are driving a Ferrari, you better be using this app! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

WAZE app - if you are driving a Ferrari, you better be using this app!

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by roma1280, May 9, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. flat_plane_eddie

flat_plane_eddie F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    What Ferrari is that? :D

2. norcal2

norcal2 F1 Veteran

Yes, ive picked up cops on my radar detector and not on waze....and the more you use Waze the more features available just from my experience...sort of like the more you share the more the app shares...

3. Steelton Keith

Steelton Keith F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    My WAZE app occasionally somehow slips into an unknown Asian language. I hear a lot of "Moosh Mooshie" in case anyone can translate

4. cwilson13

cwilson13 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 20, 2012
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    CWilson
    I am a Waze user and like it for police and traffic.
    However, police are starting to put the app on their phones and once they get tagged a few times or see lots of Wazers on the road, they simply move.

Cat and mouse games continue regardless of technology!

5. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    Or they can click on "not there" and remove the warning. I don't know if it takes more than one person hitting the button to remove a warning or what though.

I also noticed last weekend when I used it that I had a constant Chevron gas station icon that floated around the screen the entire 50 or so mile trip. Once it even showed out in the middle of the water. No idea why it showed up. Maybe I need to reboot or reload the app??

6. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    WAZE is a phone app? So you have to be juggling your smart phone while you drive?

There's also the HERE app for your phone, but my EVO's GPS has it built-in, with data supplied over FM-HD radio, so I get traffic, road construction, accident data, weather, and fuel prices on the car's GPS display,

"HERE" was Navteq, then Nokia, and was sold to an Audi/BMW/Daimler consortium in Dec 2015.

It doesn't tell you where cops are.
    But if you're driving at high speed, you want to be looking out of the windows instead of at your phone.
    Between a radar detector and Mk I eyeball, you should be good --- except for the aircraft. ;)

In the Ferrari, I'm more focused on cornering than navigating. ;)