Watch out! Doug DeMuro is headed to Charleston | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Watch out! Doug DeMuro is headed to Charleston

Discussion in 'North & South Carolina' started by Alpintourer, May 18, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Alpintourer

Alpintourer F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 20, 2013
    The Low Country
    Full Name:
    Dave Steven
    Did he show?

2. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    Dang! Tough crowd!

He writes a humor blog!

3. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    He actually did (and he's dorkier looking in real life than the videos portray). I didn't get a chance to say hello I was nursing my coffee and chatting with friends... it's not like he's Chris Harris or something (who I would actually invite to take my 360 for a drive for comparison)...

He was surrounded by his "fans". The average reader of Jalopnik IS exactly who you think they'd be.

Yes.. it's "funny".. I especially like the "Letters to Doug" column. He IS the authority. ;)

4. jerhofer

jerhofer Formula Junior

Jul 10, 2013
    Rockwell, NC
    Full Name:
    Jerry Forthofer
    He's an idiot!

I watched one of his videos where he complained about the doors not staying open. Those doors are held open by pneumatic struts, the same type that do not hold open hood snd trunk lids when they fail. On 348"s, they do not even hold the glove box door open when they inevitably fail. Which they all do over time.

He acted like it was some type of Aston design error. If he replaced the struts, his doors would stay open. Less than five minutes on Google would reveal the issue and the solution. I know as that is what I did when I bought my V8 Vantage with doors that would not stay open. I replaced the struts and the doors now stay open.

I repeat, he is an idiot!

5. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    We replace our lid struts every 1-2 years...

Great point. :)

Robb