Washington, DC/Northern Virginia Aston-Martin independent service | FerrariChat

Washington, DC/Northern Virginia Aston-Martin independent service

Discussion in 'British' started by porkchopious, Apr 7, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. porkchopious

porkchopious Formula Junior

Oct 11, 2009
    Oakton, VA
    Full Name:
    David
    #1 porkchopious, Apr 7, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Well, I just bought a 2009 Aston-Martin Vantage convertible. I wanted a manual, but this car had all the right stuff and so I settled on an auto. Can any of you recommend an independent shop (DC/Northern Virginia) to service this car? If I go to the dealer near Tyson's Corner, will they charge too much? Any input appreciated.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. gt1995

gt1995 Formula Junior

Sep 3, 2011
    Rockville, MD
    Congrats on the new AM! I had been looking at getting one a few years back but could not find an independent in the DC area, which was a significant deterrent.

There are a couple of performance shops out toward the Sterling/Ashburn area that may be willing to work on it, but I would doubt they'd have the computer equipment for some diagnostics. I hear good things about IAP. You may want to call them. IAP Racing | HIGH-END TUNING, PERFORMANCE AND UPGRADES

3. Cobraownr

Cobraownr Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 6, 2008
    Edgewater, MD
    Full Name:
    Donald Silawsky
    This shop may be a little distant for you, but Prestige Annapolis, on Rt. 2 in Pasadena, Maryland (near Glen Burnie), sells and services a lot of Astons. Omid Shaffaat is the owner and lead tech. He is totally nutsola about getting the job done right the first time. (If you go there, ask to see his tool chests.)

Prestige Annapolis
    25 Ritchie Highway
    Pasadena, MD 21122
    Phone: 410-544-9000
    Prestige Annapolis LLC - Used Cars - Pasadena MD Dealer

4. porkchopious

Oct 11, 2009
    Oakton, VA
    Full Name:
    David
    #4 porkchopious, Apr 8, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Thanks guys! I'll reach out to both. Car arrives Monday afternoon. My wife is in San Diego on business and I'm supposed to pick her up at the airport Monday night. Won't she be surprised when I roll up in my/our new car?! The exact same thing happened a couple of years ago. I bought a euro-version Citroen SM that was delivered while she was out of town. You should have seen the look on her face when I pulled up to the curb at Dulles airport! She couldn't really get too upset since I was, after all, picking her up, and in such a cool car. She pretty much lets me do what I want with the car thing and I don't bug her with her photography, cooking,etc.

Here's my Citroen SM (sold to a guy in NYC a few months ago)

Regards,

David

5. Cobraownr

Cobraownr Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 6, 2008
    Edgewater, MD
    Full Name:
    Donald Silawsky
    You have...errr...eclectic taste if you bought an SM. That is quite unique. I've thought about one over the years but could never quite get to the finish line. Their value has jumped quite a bit lately.

Best of luck with the AM!

6. porkchopious

Oct 11, 2009
    Oakton, VA
    Full Name:
    David
    Cobraownr,

Yes, eclectic to say the least. A Cobra is on my "to do" list someday as well! I love 'em all. If you get an SM, make sure it's a good one and you live near someone who can look after it. That was one of the reasons I sold mine. It was in outstanding condition and ran flawlessly, but I felt it was like a ticking time bomb so I sold it and now have a new infatuation.

7. mgustafs

mgustafs Rookie

Mar 12, 2007
    Reviving this thread... are there any current recommendations for Aston service around DC? Looking for something closer to Northern VA than Prestige. Thanks!

8. gt1995

gt1995 Formula Junior

Sep 3, 2011
    Rockville, MD
    ROMO likes this.