Washer Fluid Level Sensor Cross Reference Found | FerrariChat

Washer Fluid Level Sensor Cross Reference Found

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by dmarti02, Oct 19, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dmarti02

dmarti02 Karting

Jun 22, 2014
    Haverford, Pennsylvania
    Full Name:
    Doug
  2. wsendelback

wsendelback Rookie

May 12, 2016
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    William Sendelback
    Since cabriolets have a more shallow reservoir and hence a different/shorter sensor, how did you locate this sensor so that I can attempt to find one to fit the cabriolet reservoir?

3. dmarti02

dmarti02 Karting

Jun 22, 2014
    Haverford, Pennsylvania
    Full Name:
    Doug
    This one was on ebay. I've been doing google image searches for various parts for other italian makes of the era. That's how I determined the Alfa Spider seat belt cover for our cars as well in a different thread. This is for the washer fluid tank that's under the hood/bonnet.

4. dmarti02

dmarti02 Karting

Jun 22, 2014
    Haverford, Pennsylvania
    Full Name:
    Doug
    Also, after seeing how a fully functional sensor actually looks and operates, It appears that this one can be modified to work in a more shallow tank although that is speculation. It looks like you could cut a section of the metal rod out and reattach either with a weld or epoxy. That just connects the body of the sensor to the float.

5. theunissenguido

theunissenguido Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2004
    Argent/Brasil
    Full Name:
    Guido
    For the short models : That part with rod you can remove from your original and click it on the new sensor.

dmarti02 likes this.