Warrior Dash...your thoughts on best wave? | FerrariChat

Warrior Dash...your thoughts on best wave?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by 4re Nut, Jul 2, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 4re Nut

4re Nut F1 World Champ

Mar 27, 2004
    N of NOLA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    #1 4re Nut, Jul 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Looks like I'm going to join the list of FChatters that have done the Dash.

There is one in my neck of the woods in October, http://www.warriordash.com/register2012_louisiana.php.

For those that have done it, do you have any suggestions on which wave to catch?

The location is about ~ 1 1/2 hour drive so I don't want to start before 10 AM in case I'm stuck in traffic etc.

Any reason to join a late wave?

I'm thinking about being a St. Jude Warrior, http://www.warriordash.com/getinvolved.php#. I use to live in Memphis (St. Jude's HQ) and once did a fundraiser for them plus a former colleague has a child that has been a patient there; awesome cause!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. 4re Nut

4re Nut F1 World Champ

Mar 27, 2004
    N of NOLA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    FWIW I registered for 12:30; all of the earlier waves are already full.

Now I just gotta get in shape. :eek:

3. 1_can_dream

1_can_dream F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Kyle
    I know it's too late at this point, but the earlier waves are definitely better. After a few hundred people have gone through the course it definitely gets harder. Should be fun though, good luck!

4. 4re Nut

4re Nut F1 World Champ

Mar 27, 2004
    N of NOLA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    #4 4re Nut, Jul 21, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2012
    Thanks.

I just checked and the first 10 waves are full so it will be over 5,000 warriors. :eek:

I didn't realize how big these events are; plenty of fools in the world. :D

With over 2 months to go and less than 1,500 spots left I imagine the event will be a sell-out.

----

Please consider helping me help kids; donations can be made via my St. Jude fundraising page, www.mystjudeevent.org/StevesDash.