Warning Triangle | FerrariChat

Warning Triangle

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by isuk, Jun 30, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. isuk

isuk F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Iain
    I am after a little help. I have been having a clear out and found two warning triangles that were sold to
    me as being correct for the 246 but which are of a newer vintage. I believe they are from the 308 QV Euro models and possibly the Testarossa. Can anyone confirm this for me?

There are no markings on the plastic case and the only markings on the triangle are APP.LL.PP N 6325 on each of the red reflector panels. The three panels clip together when remove from the storage box. Both triangles appear to be NOS in good condition.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    this A P P L L P P N 6 3 2 5 is not legal in germany

3. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    Are they really that up tight?

turbo-joe likes this.
  4. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    yes they are
    without a special stamp ( like this for example: "E" or "DIN" or "SAE" or "~" ) it is not legal. there may be now some more legal stamps ;)

5. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    So if I had a 246 in Germany and had that hidden in the trunk inside the jack bag the triangle police are going to know and charge me with a non-conforming triangle that I never use?

6. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    #6 turbo-joe, Jul 1, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2020
    they have the right to do so :(
    and when you go with such a triangle to the TÜV ( check/safety control every 2 years ) you will not faile, but the report says wrong triangle. this is not a significant error that you will not pass this check, but a low error and will be documented. next time when you go to the TÜV it will be then a significant error ( when you still have this illegal triangle ) and you will not pass. but if you don´t have a triangle with you at this second check 2 years later then it will be again a low error and you will pass. and when the police see this 1st report ( you have to keep this with you ) and see also you still have the same wrong triangle you will get fined. but it is always a matter of the officer what he will do. but he has the right to do so
    also it makes no difference what car you have/drive
    this is germany - 1000% regulated - makes no fun anymore

7. fridolin_pt

fridolin_pt Karting

Mar 25, 2008
    Germany NRW
    Full Name:
    Fritz
    You can have it in the car but to be on the safe side you better buy any modern stuff for show.
    I have not seen a “triangle police” in 50 years of driving cars in Germany.

8. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    sometimes in my area the police is doing a normal check for the papers and also like to see then this triangle. sure, it will not happen often

9. fridolin_pt

fridolin_pt Karting

Mar 25, 2008
    Germany NRW
    Full Name:
    Fritz
    When I drive the Testarossa they usually wat to see the engine.

turbo-joe likes this.