Warning about Rosso Corsa | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Warning about Rosso Corsa

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by ewand, Jun 22, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rhk

rhk Rookie

Jun 27, 2006
    Interesting idea!

2. rhk

rhk Rookie

Jun 27, 2006
    I have posted a simliar scenario tonight. I am a lawyer who is taking Court action against Lukins/Rosso Corsa this week following his illegal detention of my 456 for many months!

Please contact me if we can assist each other or anyone else.

Regards.

Hassan

3. racespecferrari

racespecferrari F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2006
    Suffolk, Uk
    Full Name:
    Pete.G By The Sea
    You can also contact the the other agrieved parties on this thread

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=105421

This does look like a clear case of fraud to me

4. JamesP F355

JamesP F355 Rookie

Sep 15, 2004
    Surrey
    Full Name:
    James Patchett
    I have been keeping an eye on this thread although I have never used Rossa Corsa.

Following the previous post, I was looking through the Court listings for this week and found that there is an application due to be heard at noon on 28th June 2006 by R W Lukins, presumably the same, to annul a bankruptcy order. I know this is short notice but it might be of help to someone.

Details here http://212.137.36.113/cms/list_bankruptcy.htm

5. Lagerlout

Lagerlout Formula Junior

Jan 5, 2006
    West Sussex, UK
    Full Name:
    Mr. LL
    This exact same thing happened to a friend of mine. He had a car on SOR, the guy/company sold the car and b*ggered off. I spent months talking to the police, they even found the guy but would do nothing about it and wouldn't approach the new owner.

Can I suggest that if the car is still at R/C that you do something to get it back. Especially if you are still in possession of the legal documents. Because once it is gone and the guy has disappeared you're facing a very uphill battle.

6. spice

spice Karting

Sep 27, 2004
    kent
    Full Name:
    spice
    SHOOT THE ****ER

7. ewand

ewand Rookie

May 13, 2004
    I just spoke to the Bankruptcy Court, and the bankruptcy order has been annuled, on the basis that it should not have been made in the first instance. The reasons why bankruptcy can be annuled are basically:

· if at the time the bankruptcy order was made, there was some reason why it ought not to have been made; or

· that the debts and expenses of the bankruptcy have either been paid in full or secured to the satisfaction of the court; or

· that a voluntary arrangement has been approved.

Turns out the first case applies here, meaning:

So looks like either a technicality was not followed, or else RL actually settled the debt with whoever petitioned for his bankruptcy in the first place (before the hearing which declared him bankrupt, in March 2006).

What this means it that he will no longer be considered an undischarged bankrupt, and his name will be removed from the register of bankrupt individuals. It does NOT alter the fact that Rosso Corsa Sales Ltd is in liquidation, and it does not mean he's decided to settle with everyone who has outstanding debts.

Ewan

8. Modificata

Modificata F1 Rookie

Apr 27, 2003
    Hampton, England
    Full Name:
    Andy Rasool
    Are you sure Rosso Corsa Sales Ltd is in liquidation? That is not my inderstanding.

9. JamesP F355

JamesP F355 Rookie

Sep 15, 2004
    Surrey
    Full Name:
    James Patchett
    Rosso Corsa Sales Limited, company number 4731538, was wound up by the court on 2nd May 2006 following a petition presented on 27th February 2006. The order was filed at Companies House on 22nd June 2006.

10. ewand

ewand Rookie

May 13, 2004
    That's right. There are still several other companies (eg Rosso Corsa Ltd, Rosso Corsa Workshop Ltd, Rosso Corsa Coachworks Ltd, Prestige Automotive Group Ltd) operating from the address in Cumberland Avenue, and Lukins was a director of a number of other companies operating from Navigator House, 4A Tyers Gate, London (eg Down Road Services Ltd) and an address in Dorset (which is still the registered address of Rosso Corsa Sales Ltd).

It seems Mr L has had more companies than the man on the Clapham Omnibus might consider normal for an genuine, honest trader...

Ewan

11. Modificata

Modificata F1 Rookie

Apr 27, 2003
    Hampton, England
    Full Name:
    Andy Rasool
    Not always the case. I have 5 ltd companies because of the structure of my business.

12. ewand

ewand Rookie

May 13, 2004
    That's as maybe, but having double-digit number of Ltd companies which get successively renamed, dissolved, reformed at different addresses ... that seems dodgy...

13. Modificata

Modificata F1 Rookie

Apr 27, 2003
    Hampton, England
    Full Name:
    Andy Rasool
    Sounds like he's collecting. He can have some of mine!

14. Andy 308GTB

Andy 308GTB F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Jun 2, 2004
    Essex, UK
    Full Name:
    Andy M
    Chaps,
    Without trying to teach your grandmother to suck eggs...

Please note that considerable care must be taken when posting in threads such as this one. The poster may be liable for any content and as such it is wise to keep to the facts.

As you were...

Regards
    Andy

15. GIALLOFLY

GIALLOFLY Karting
    BANNED

Oct 10, 2005
    Hampshire. UK
    It would be interesting to see if Rosso Corsa have a stand at this year's Goodwood Festival of speed, like they did last year.

16. andrewg

andrewg F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2002
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    AndrewG
    A ducking stool may be more suitable :D

17. spice

spice Karting

Sep 27, 2004
    kent
    Full Name:
    spice
    wonder how fast we could rope tow him up the hill ????

18. ewand

ewand Rookie

May 13, 2004
    We'll soon find out :D

On a related point (though nothing to do with the FoS) I saw a F412 for sale in AutoTrader online - http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/WWW/CARS_popup.asp?nU=0&make=FERRARI&model=ANY&min_pr=75&max_pr=&postcode=rg6%201wg&miles=40&max_records=50&modelexact=1&photo=1&start=7&distance=39&adcategory=CARS&channel=CARS&id=200627241373392 - which is listed as Private sale but has a Rosso Corsa picture.

I guess it's an owner who's yanked the car back from RC and is selling privately; anyone on here?

E

19. KenC

KenC Formula 3

Dec 7, 2003
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Ther were a few cars,inckuding a 512M, wearing RC number plates at the GW FOS yesterday.

20. Lagerlout

Lagerlout Formula Junior

Jan 5, 2006
    West Sussex, UK
    Full Name:
    Mr. LL
    A 348 Rosso Spyder, 512M Rosso and I think a black Diablo. Brochures were being handed out as well.

21. racespecferrari

Jan 31, 2006
    Suffolk, Uk
    Full Name:
    Pete.G By The Sea

Rc brochures?, if so thats awful with all the complaints against them

22. ewand

ewand Rookie

May 13, 2004
    yeah, they were on the Exchange & Mart pitch but there was nobody actually from RC handing anything out when we were there... just boxes full of brochures and contact details under the wipers. Exchange & Mart were dishing out free copies of their mag, and RC have a full page ad right at the front this week.

I wonder if those cars' owners realised they were being shown...

23. racespecferrari

Jan 31, 2006
    Suffolk, Uk
    Full Name:
    Pete.G By The Sea

Someone should email Exchange & Mart and notify them of this thread and see what they have to say

24. GIALLOFLY

GIALLOFLY Karting
    BANNED

Oct 10, 2005
    Hampshire. UK
    I'm pretty sure that Richard Lukins was on the stand, washing a 348 Spyder, when we visited the Exchange & Mart stand.

25. KenC

KenC Formula 3

Dec 7, 2003
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Perhaps he is washing cars to supplement his income ;) .