Warning about Rosso Corsa | FerrariChat

Warning about Rosso Corsa

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by ewand, Jun 22, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ewand

ewand Rookie

May 13, 2004
    Folks

I've already had words with AndrewG about this and think it might be worth sharing. I put my Maserati Spyder up for sale on a sale or return basis, through Rosso Corsa in Park Royal, London. The long & short is that they sold the car 6 weeks ago but have failed to pay me the proceeds, and are now dodging all means of communications and failing to respond to repeated demands for payment. It now appears that the money received for our car has been paid out to someone else, so in effect subsidising the survival of the business by using our money to prop it up.

On digging around further, it turns out that Richard Lukins (director of Rosso Corsa Ltd) was personally bankrupted earlier this year. The Insolvency service and a number of other authorities have shown some interest in this since it's an offence (unless done under court permission) for a bankrupt to be a company director. From http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/cwp/523404.htm:

We are in the process of taking affirmitive and possibly terminal action against Rosso Corsa, but I just thought I'd post about that fact - if you are considering dealing with them, or have already got dealings in process, you may want to bear this in mind...

Of course, if you have further evidence of good or bad practices, I'd be interested to hear them.
    cheers
    Ewan

2. racespecferrari

racespecferrari F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2006
    Suffolk, Uk
    Full Name:
    Pete.G By The Sea
  3. ewand

ewand Rookie

May 13, 2004
    Sounds like I am indeed not the only one beating a path to their door... I just heard that Lukins has resigned all his directorships as of yesterday and that the business is on the verge of winding up.

On the plus side, I suppose it means nobody else will get ripped off (unless he shows up somewhere else and starts all over again) but it doesn't look like I'm going to see my car or the money it was supposedly sold for... :(

Thanks to all who responded, you've been really helpful.

rgds
    Ewan

4. hackrider

hackrider Karting

Feb 9, 2006
    Albuquerque, NM USA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Can't you report it as stolen? or did the title go with the car?

Dave

5. ewand

ewand Rookie

May 13, 2004
    The title still belongs to me, though technically the car hasn't been stolen (ie it was left with RC with my permission, and therefore it's not been removed from my possession etc). I'll see what I can find out and will report back when it's done...

Ewan

6. racespecferrari

Jan 31, 2006
    Suffolk, Uk
    Full Name:
    Pete.G By The Sea
    Is there any chance that you can contact the buyer

7. andrewg

andrewg F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2002
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    AndrewG
    Ewan, If you and your solicitor were a bit ermmmm economical with the truth, I'm sure a letter along the lines of ......my car was hit by Maserati reg no. with chassis number xyz, is it registered to somebody in the UK, sent to the DVLA may help establish where the car actually is. Put yourself in RC's place, the car's been sold and the funds due to its owner are no longer in the bank.....whats the easiest way of fobing the owner off.....the cars been exported so there's nothing you can do! there's still a chance the car is in the UK

8. Trax

Trax Formula 3

May 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Douglas
    Sorry are you saying that you still hold the registration documents?

9. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    sorry but thats rubbish you gave him rosso corsa title to sell he sold it your contract is with rosso corsa not the new owner as he has bought and paid rosso corsa for the car
    went through this when abersoch land and sea went bust they sold my boat i never got paid so went to wales abersoch and found my boat in there compound as it was being stored there stole it back got locked up would not tell them where the boat was so the person who bought it insurers took me to court and i had to give the boat back but it was only 15 grand suppose it was a lot of money in 1988

pm me your phone number if you want anymore advice

10. andrewg

andrewg F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2002
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    AndrewG
    Steve I don't think its been established that the title was given to RC, but it's all a bit arbitrary if Ewan's cars been exported.......and £15k is still a lot of money ;) back in 88 you could've bought a nice holiday cottage near Aber or Cricieth with 15k

11. ewand

ewand Rookie

May 13, 2004
    I am still the registered keeper as far as the DVLA is concerned; if the car has really been exported then there's probably nothing I can do, but if it's still in the UK then things could be different.

I don't want to say a great deal more in case the walls have ears but if and when I get a resolution, I'll post a full and frank account of what happened :(

cheers
    Ewan

12. racespecferrari

Jan 31, 2006
    Suffolk, Uk
    Full Name:
    Pete.G By The Sea

sometimes it works the opposite, if they know you are onto them and seeking various help from places i.e. here, they might act on it, at the end of the day they are getting bad publicity

Out of interest are they still advertising regularly in magazines, because if they are the agrieved owners on here should all contact these magazines individually and hopefully cause RC a few problems and bad publicity

13. Trax

Trax Formula 3

May 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Douglas

Interestingly they don't appear to have any ads on Autotrader.co.uk at the moment, normally they are all over it

14. amari

amari Rookie

Jun 24, 2006
    Preston lancashire
    Full Name:
    Sheikh Amari
    sorry to butt, but i might be able to help, i friend of mine is going full nine yards with him, he one of the top city laweysin London, Ewan do you have a SOR agreement? If so depending on what he has written on it you are the owner of that car. If he has exported with out you concent then you should get the Police involved.

15. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    Hi Amari its Charlie mate with the 355 spider. I am sending ya Private Mail mate.

16. ewand

ewand Rookie

May 13, 2004
    Richard knows full well that I'm onto him ... and I'm already in touch with all the relevant authorities...

Amari - I'd welcome a bit more info from you on what your friend is doing. Please PM me and we can catch up off the forum. I did have a SOR agreement and they have not informed the DVLA of any change of ownership, so I have no idea if the car has already been exported or what. I certainly wouldn't believe anything Richard "pants on fire" Lukins says anyway.

Lukins' brother is also a top city lawyer, who has been trying to distance himself from the activities of RC. Apparently, the rest of Lukins' family has disowned him (we're talking restraining order levels here) and I can forsee the rest of his world crashing down imminently as all the aggrieved take their matters up the chain.

I don't know if it's coincidence, but www.rossocorsa.co.uk isn't contactable at the moment either... maybe their ISP pulled the plug.

The sad thing here is, RC look like they're going down the pan and I will happily pursue Lukins for the rest of his natural life to make sure he goes to jail, but it wouldn't be the first time for him (or thieving scumbags like him) to show up sometime in the future with a new name, and start ripping everybody off again.

cheers
    Ewan

17. MarkCollins

MarkCollins F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 2, 2002
    South England
    Full Name:
    Mark Collins
    Ewan

I think that their website problems are down to a technical problem with their ISP, some other sites are experiencing similar difficulties

18. 15hn

15hn Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2005
    Full Name:
    HN
  19. racespecferrari

Jan 31, 2006
    Suffolk, Uk
    Full Name:
    Pete.G By The Sea

I just checked and its working fine

20. ewand

ewand Rookie

May 13, 2004
    Yeah, back up now.

Just don't try to buy or sell anything there if you want to hold on to your cash :)

E

21. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
  22. racespecferrari

Jan 31, 2006
    Suffolk, Uk
    Full Name:
    Pete.G By The Sea
    One of the best things to do is if all the agrieved owners ring up an edition of watchdog all on the same night, it could get a mention on primetime Tv and possibly looked into further by them, never underestimate the power of Tv

23. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    maybe they paid a premium for the name Tony :D

being solicitors and all ;)

24. rhk

rhk Rookie

Jun 27, 2006
    I am a litigation solicitor based in the City of London. I am this week taking Court action this week against Richards Lukins of Rosso Corsa. I have just found out he was made bankrupt on 17 March 2006.

He took my 456 on SOR last August and has made repeated (utterly false) excuses as to why I cannot have it back. Claims to have taken deposits from buyers ( that do not exist!), done hundreds of unauthorised miles in the car, trumped up thousands of pounds of repair work that simply did not need doing and has refused to return my car even though I have said I will pay the invoice to get the car released. He will not let me or my agents even inspect the car to confirm where it is.

If anyone has any similar experiences in the past or wants to take action can they contact me.

Please do not send your vehicle to these guys! You will massively regret it.

Regards.

Hassan Khan

0770 27 27 270

25. racespecferrari

Jan 31, 2006
    Suffolk, Uk
    Full Name:
    Pete.G By The Sea
    Can you get someone to pose as a buyer of a 456 and do a snatch back when they take it for a test drive, I know its not totally legal but theres nothing they will be able to do about it