Wanted - WANTED - Ferrari F12 Sports/Racing Seats | FerrariChat

Wanted WANTED - Ferrari F12 Sports/Racing Seats

Discussion in 'Ferrari Parts & Collectibles' started by DarkShines, Jul 21, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DarkShines

DarkShines Formula Junior

Feb 9, 2014
    Gloucestershire
    Full Name:
    Lee James
    I’m urgently after a pair of Carbon Racing Seats for my F12

Any colour

UK based, but will buy from any location

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. StartedFromTheBottom

StartedFromTheBottom Formula Junior
    BANNED

May 9, 2016
    Europe
    I was taught recently that the F12 are electric compared to 458/488 but the 488 etc ones will fit?!!
    Not sure about the problems that occur due to that.
    Meanwhile here is a brand new set for a 488 with lift for driver. Special edition. Located in Germany but can ship worldwide... pick up strongly preferred.
    I know also an F12 Tdf pair new at a dealer here but they are way more expensive than a pair of 488.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

3. KNOKKi

KNOKKi Karting

Jul 20, 2015
    Amsterdam
    #3 KNOKKi, Jul 30, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2019
    F12 seats indeed have electrical recliner, but most important is that they have the same (rails) width as 458 / 488 seats, so the 458 / 488 seats will fit. TdF racing seats are the same as F12 racing seats, Lift for driver is an expensive option, so nice to have. Don't know why DarkShines wants racing seats, but he should know that they sit way lower than regular seats, so lift is mandatory if you are less tall than - say - 190 cm. I changed my FF seats for the racing seats and I would say they are must haves. They give that much more support and feedback. I consider the standard seats as seats for old men. Nothing sportive about it. You sit like a bus driver. In addition, the Pininfarina designed Sabelt racing seats are pieces of art. And you save about 25 kgs a pair. I am 182 cm and used 4 cm spacers. Note that I drive in rally position, so upright seats and very close to the wheel. FYI FF seats have different dimensions, so a rails modification is needed (in case an FF owner reads this). 458 / 488 seats lighter than F12 seats because no electrical recliner. Will be offset by lift option though.

I was able to acquire a pair for 6 keuro, but I think that will be a challenge.

4. StartedFromTheBottom

StartedFromTheBottom Formula Junior
    BANNED

May 9, 2016
    Europe
    Basically also electric adjustment is for old men ;)
    Conclusion: go for 488 with mechanical lift and you’re having the perfect weight:value ratio!
    Who agrees?
    The set i got has „by chance“ exactly this spec :D!
    What a salesman i am...

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

5. DarkShines

DarkShines Formula Junior

Feb 9, 2014
    Gloucestershire
    Full Name:
    Lee James

Please send details & pics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. diplo526

diplo526 Karting

Jun 15, 2019
    Full Name:
    Sundip Kumar
    was anyone able to find a source to get some....thanks in advance.