WANTED: 512BB or BBi Thanks! | Page 8 | FerrariChat

WANTED: 512BB or BBi Thanks!

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by 330GT2+2, Dec 2, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 330GT2+2

330GT2+2 Formula Junior

Nov 19, 2005
    Texas
    Full Name:
    330gt2+2
    Hello Newman,

Tuesday does beat the 23rd which was original delivery date, so I will be quiet...my 330's been at Norwoods for a month waiting on window motor repair...no 12 cylinder fix until next week.....

2. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    No 12 cylinders handy? Thats gotta suck! I fondled my BB this morning, had both lids open and drooled on the intake manifold.

3. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    Heck, I actually drove mine this afternoon! It was about 35 F outside and windy, but clear. The heater works great!

4. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    Cant drive mine, too much snow out and its around 10F. If the roads were dry the temp wouldnt bother me.

5. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
  6. Dave Bendl

Dave Bendl Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2003
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Dave Bendl

7. 330GT2+2

330GT2+2 Formula Junior

Nov 19, 2005
    Texas
    Full Name:
    330gt2+2
    yep..my red one from motorcar gallery will be here Monday!! Was looking for a black one....sport auto just sold a red one last month..also in the $90's--the motorcar gallery car ended up in the mid $80's and had great history and a stamp of approval from Tim Stanford in Florida....but I do like the black

8. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    Has anyone seen this car up close yet?

9. 330GT2+2

330GT2+2 Formula Junior

Nov 19, 2005
    Texas
    Full Name:
    330gt2+2
    sport auto had a red/tan a few weeks ago (also in the fml) that sold for $92k.
    this one has that blasted black interior that seems to get hammered more so that others..the other 2 black ones I looked at had the same drivers bolster wear (this one here is worse than most). You notice they didn't take a straight-on pic of that....anyway...too late for me..my red/tan will arrive at HIGH NOON today....so much for work today.....someone will buy that black one within a week or two...................................................................

10. JTR

JTR Formula 3
    Owner

Apr 26, 2005
    in a house
    Full Name:
    John
    [QUOTE=Dave Bendl
    I wonder what the flaking paint is all about on the air filter boxes?

And the paint scratches on the ign. coil, and the dent in the gas filler line?

Little things, but makes me wonder why.

330GT2+2; Chug, chug, chug goes the transport truck, getting closer, and closer, and Closer!

Have your camera ready for us!
    John

11. 330GT2+2

330GT2+2 Formula Junior

Nov 19, 2005
    Texas
    Full Name:
    330gt2+2

12. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    tuesday is soooooooooo far away.....another sleepless night.

13. 330GT2+2

330GT2+2 Formula Junior

Nov 19, 2005
    Texas
    Full Name:
    330gt2+2
    Hello, Newman...Cold and rainy all day Tues..fired up the space heaters and did some detailing. Been otherwise depressed all day..All dressed up and no place to go..
    need to get it inspected and tagged..inspection's going to be a fiasco with the emission testing here..read several threads on how to reduce emissions to pass..we'll see. Today, think I'll just slap a old California plate on it and get some seat time in..It does start up nicely. How about that. Pioneer radio is on acid or something, tape works but fm stations will not dial in. Tuner seems to be stuck..oh well, I still have several cassettes from the old days..Guess I'll stick in the BTO, Bad Company, or Aerosmith tape and go on down the road..at least the equalizer works. Pics to follow...

14. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    Fantastic! Im assuming you havent driven it at all yet? You will fall in love once you do, the flat 12 sound and push is amazing.

15. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    "Walk This WAY"!!!!!

Emissions may not be so bad ....here's the deal:

Get it to a shop equipped with a 4 gas analyzer FIRST.......once they dial it in....no worries.

DO NOT take it in cold and let the State of Texas sniffer peg you as a "FAIL"....that's a big deal, kind of "starts the file' on ya, you know??????

"Less scrutiny is ALWAYS better......."
    BigTex

16. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    I never use the stereo in my BB! The engine noise is plenty for me.

17. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Nice prediction on the black Boxer. Looks like someone has a deposit on it, at least.

18. JTR

JTR Formula 3
    Owner

Apr 26, 2005
    in a house
    Full Name:
    John
    Let’s see some Pics!
    Congratulations!
    Don’t sweat the radio, you won’t be listening to it anyway.
    And by all means, slap those Ca plates on it, and Drive!

19. 330GT2+2

330GT2+2 Formula Junior

Nov 19, 2005
    Texas
    Full Name:
    330gt2+2
    thanks Tex....I know the drill on NOT taking it in before you know..had a 85
    M6 and it was a fiasco....I'm going to Norwoods today!!! Can someone watch the store? ....work is getting in the way of my recreation...

20. 330GT2+2

330GT2+2 Formula Junior

Nov 19, 2005
    Texas
    Full Name:
    330gt2+2
    pics coming soon....this Christmas stuff is cramping my seat time..as well as work....the CA plates have the 05 sticker, but with a little work, it now appears to be 06. sorry, officer..didn't realize someone had changed this plate>>>

21. 330GT2+2

330GT2+2 Formula Junior

Nov 19, 2005
    Texas
    Full Name:
    330gt2+2
    I'll tell everyone about the Motorcar Gallery experience later, but suffice to say...if I was unhappy with the car on delivery..send it back they said..have buyers that will pay more money....

22. sjvalin

sjvalin Formula Junior

Aug 31, 2004
    Nevada County, CA
    Full Name:
    Steve Valin
    I bought my Daytona from Ed last year. I had a good experience. Ed is an interesting character and has a laid back approach to his business. He seems more like a collector who occasionally lets a car go. I"m not sure everyone would be comfortable with his style, but I found him to be a good guy and would buy another car from him. I also had Tim check the car out. I was a little concerned about a conflict of interest as Tim does all of Ed's work. After talking to a number of folks, it was apparent that Tim is very honest and more concerned with his reputation than he is with his relationship with Ed. Tim's an amazing resource for the south FL folks. I wish there were more guys like him.

-steve

23. 330GT2+2

330GT2+2 Formula Junior

Nov 19, 2005
    Texas
    Full Name:
    330gt2+2
    #198 330GT2+2, Dec 22, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    working too much, no seat time...only about 10 minutes....tagged and inspected this afternoon...68 degrees Fri and Sat...oh boy! Rear tires are severely dry rotted and need replaced immediately..can't drive too much.It was on Tims list of things that needed done..they are about 11 years old..I didn't dare ask Ed to replace them as he was already replacing the rear bonnet struts and replacing the a/c belt as well....he kept saying he had another buyer for the car and he was doing me a favor getting these things done...seems to me the rear struts should have already been done as they wouldn't hold up the bonnet, and replacing the vinyl pad on the dead pedal should also have been done prior to being put in the showroom...and for God's sake, dry rotted rear tires on "one of the finest examples available". Not to mention the worthless paint job on a 12 x 12 piece of the front bonnet...how could you not just repaint the whole front bonnet??? anyway...a few things to do to make it right...just expect a dealer with a decent reputation to do what's right to start with..haven't even got a thank you phone call from Ed....didn't even fly in to nitpick the car..easy sale...funny, I thought I was the customer.....
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

24. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    Wow, sounds like you got a real turd! :) Really, it looks nice. Get us some more pics.

25. ferrarifixer

ferrarifixer F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 22, 2003
    Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Phil Hughes
    The rear lamps are in the wrong holes too....

and FWIW, I never let a car get driven onto trucks/trailers etc iof it can be avoided. Especially BB's... it's a clutch killer.