WANTED: 512BB or BBi Thanks! | Page 10 | FerrariChat

WANTED: 512BB or BBi Thanks!

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by 330GT2+2, Dec 2, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    Alan:

Thanks. - Lets see what is going on this weekend. I am actually in the middle of moving. Remember - no garage !

2. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    How is Franks "new" BBi? I went out into the garage and looked at mine....then I looked at all the snow outside...

3. 330GT2+2

330GT2+2 Formula Junior

Nov 19, 2005
    Texas
    Full Name:
    330gt2+2
    Hello, Newman!

driving it as much as possible, at low speeds due to the tire rot fiasco..Here is a pic of the rear tires Ed at Motorcar Gallery said looked fine to him, plenty of tread. How you put this car in a showroom with these tires is beyond me. Anyway, my new TRX's will be here Friday..will repaint the wheels and static balance the tires with the weights on the inside..If it's my store, this would have already been done..so it sits and waits on tires..don't want to take any chances.. sorry about the snow! It's only been 70 degrees here for the past few days...

can't seem to download tire pic...check out my post on the general discussion board...

4. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    I saw your pics of the tires, not too good but not ready to fly off the rims either so I wouldnt crap my drawers driving it, but then again, I take chances I shouldnt.

Show us pics of the car please, such as the engine, the interior and stuff like that, give us a good view of it.

P.

5. 330GT2+2

330GT2+2 Formula Junior

Nov 19, 2005
    Texas
    Full Name:
    330gt2+2
    will do..pretty good car overall...just needs a "Frank" sorting..anything I have ever owned left me in better condition than I received it...when the engine out service is done I'll restore the motor to new condition per Mr. Parker's. Nothing like a as-new looking flat 12 with the view the rear bonnet offers. Also calipers cosmetically done, some leather touch up, undercarriage detail, switching the tail lights to amber on outside, etc.. think I'll keep this one ...enjoy the hell out of it. Nice road manners and feel, and of course the sound! My German mistress feels a little jilted.The Italian one has my attention now.

I've let it sing a few times close to the house, just hate for one of the maypops (may pop may not) to go as I'm flying down the Tollway...

6. 330GT2+2

330GT2+2 Formula Junior

Nov 19, 2005
    Texas
    Full Name:
    330gt2+2
    You are correct, Sir..Tim Stanfords in Florida PPI said clutch engages early in the release, which was true, but upon heavy load...slipped like a greased pig.
    Little disappointed he didn't take it out and lean on it..Would have found this out sooner than later...oh well.....

Soooo, over to Norwoods for my new tires, wheels refinished, and of course, a KEVLAR performance clutch they use for the twin turbo TRs. My god, is that clutch only 7-8" in diameter? Little smaller than I'm used to seeing. Anyway, no question about hooking up now. Should be ready next Friday.
    Can't wait to wind it up...such a beautiful sound...Rear lights being swapped as we speak (amber on outside), next the radio repair and should be finished for a while..

7. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    I havent heard of any reports back on a kevlar clutch in any car that wouldnt irritate me. They are strong but chatter or engage harshly so they say, just something to think about.

P.

8. 330GT2+2

330GT2+2 Formula Junior

Nov 19, 2005
    Texas
    Full Name:
    330gt2+2
    Hello, Newman...Norwood has used these on several applications without the engage or chatter problems..they do require a 500 mile break-in period, but should be worth it.

9. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    Then that would be a nice upgrade, how much for the parts only?

10. 330GT2+2

330GT2+2 Formula Junior

Nov 19, 2005
    Texas
    Full Name:
    330gt2+2
    $900--will get some pics and more info regarding clutch specs...this would be a good time to do the exhaust as it will be off the car, but think I'll wait till engine-out time to do that..can't swallow it all at once...

11. Sean F.

Sean F. F1 Rookie

Feb 4, 2003
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Sean F
    I've got room in mine if you need to put the Boxer someplace. I'll move the 308 to the other side so the Boxer will have it's own stall!

12. ralfabco

Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir

ok. - But can I take the key ?

13. GaryReed

GaryReed F1 Rookie

Feb 9, 2002
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Wow! That's a real bargain compared to the stock clutch parts. I've heard it's around $3K for the pressure plate and double disc.

Please post photos and more info when you receive the Norwood unit.

14. 330GT2+2

330GT2+2 Formula Junior

Nov 19, 2005
    Texas
    Full Name:
    330gt2+2
    exactly..James said Clutchmasters in California (where else) does the work.
    they may have a website, but I'll post pics when mine returns next week..

meanwhile, Brian at Zainomobiledetail is going over to spiffen up the old girl with the full treatment.
    Much easier engine detail as it sits now...also easy access to undercarriage and wheel wells..can't wait..

15. Sean F.

Sean F. F1 Rookie

Feb 4, 2003
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Sean F
    Sure, just as long as you let me drive it like you promised.

16. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    Dont make the mistake of driving any boxer, you will fall into the trap I did and have no choice but to get one. You will be forever changed.:)

17. ralfabco

Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir

No Problem.

Along with Michael (Carreaper) and BigTex !

Ferda is just playing with it. He is just making some adjustments. I hate to rush a mechanic. Patience ! - Patience is a Jedi virtue. You will get stick time.