Wanted 400 rear air-conditioning cover board | FerrariChat

Wanted 400 rear air-conditioning cover board

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by Jim575, Oct 22, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jim575

Jim575 Karting

Sep 26, 2011
    Sydney Australia
    Full Name:
    Jim K
    Hello All
    I'm hoping that someone in Sydney might have a Ferrari 400 rear air conditioning cover protection board they could loan me to reproduce a copy. The board for my car is missing. I am willing to repair the loan part or even make a new one for someone if theirs' is less than perfect to repay the favour.
    Preferably someone in Sydney to save on the shipping or I would not knock back our friends from interstate for the privilege for the loan of the part either.
    I thank you for reading this and hopefully someone can assist.
    Regards,
    Jim

2. SouthJersey400i

SouthJersey400i Formula 3

Mar 14, 2007
    Romulus, NY (Finger Lakes)
    Full Name:
    Ken Battle
    It is just a simple flat piece of particle board with rug material over it. It is held in by maybe 6 screws. Just measure your opening and make a new one; no need for a template. I bet no two originals are the same!!
    Ken

3. Part Time

Part Time Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2013
    Port St. Lucie, Fl
    Full Name:
    Gary Shore
    #3 Part Time, Oct 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  4. Jim575

Jim575 Karting

Sep 26, 2011
    Sydney Australia
    Full Name:
    Jim K
    Hello Gary
    How are you? Thank you for the reply. Sorry for not replying earlier, I have been away and only just returned. It is exactly what I am looking for. I guess is the part something you wish to part with??
    If it is something you can assist with could you please PM me.
    Kindest regards,
    Jim

5. Part Time

Part Time Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2013
    Port St. Lucie, Fl
    Full Name:
    Gary Shore
    Jim......the part is off of my 1985....and will be going back on when ready, however, I will offer to make you a complete template and model of the "bump-out" if you are handy with fiberglass or have a fab shop nearby.
    I don't have a good feeling about sending my part around the world, and since these parts most likely differ from one car to the next, a modern close copy would do fine.
    Let me know if I can help from here !

Gary
    1985 400i a/t 55027

6. Bill26

Bill26 Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2005
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Bill Murdoch
    Jim, one available for sale (not by me) on the Sunshine Coast. If you send me a pm, I will give you the contact details.
    WM

7. Jim575

Jim575 Karting

Sep 26, 2011
    Sydney Australia
    Full Name:
    Jim K
    Hello Bill
    I sent you a PM.
    Jim