Want to get fit. | FerrariChat

Want to get fit.

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by elpadrino, Apr 5, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. elpadrino

elpadrino Formula Junior

Aug 29, 2005
    Bogota NJ
    Full Name:
    Gabriel
    Alright so I have a problem...I love food. (isnt that a way to start this thread ! ) as in I like to go out and have a steak, with loaded potatoes,I eat pasta with heavy alfredo sauce, and eat a lot of sushi so Im not one to restrain my diet. i do however tend to shy away from Soda, Fast food, and any like precooked/frozen ready to heat food (I dont even have a microwave in my house ). I usually drink a water with lemon or Ice Tea when I go out to eat. Usually I try to cook brown rice with grilled shrimp, chicken, or chorizzo to take with me to work.

But anyways.....

Im in an appropriate body fat % according to height and weight measurements. Im about 5'6" and 145lbs. I do Have a crazy metabolism that my Gf hates me for though. But thats from playing soccer for 8 years growing up and being Very active all the time. Now I live in South Florida and work in an office and to be honest just am not as active as id like to be due to other responsibilities. Ive always been around this weight and build since I can remember Ive never really strayed from it.

I need some guidance into what I should be doing/not doing : I want to get definition and the "6pack abs" ...."problem" areas that need to be built and tightened up again are triceps and thighs (I havent ran in years mainly due to asthma problems). So can anyone help me put together a work out and schedule....how often should I be doing this ect. I'll be honest im a bit overwhelmed with all the information and ways to go about this.

2. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    As the adage goes, abs are built in the kitchen.

It sounds like you aren't eating that badly, just over indulging. I would drop the chorrizo from your lunch menu though. Pretty sure that's not very good for you. You're way ahead of the game not eating soda and fast food.

Just keep everything in moderation and get working in the gym with cardio and weight training. Depending on how busy your life is try to go to the gym at least 3 days a week.

3. PaulVincent

PaulVincent Formula Junior

Oct 21, 2007
    #3 PaulVincent, Apr 19, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2009
    Use an appropriate weight medicine/exercise ball throw the ball up from chest height (over your head) repeatedly. Throw it to a height you feel is beneficial (for your present state of condition maybe just 6-12 inches over your head, but eventually 24-30 inches), but throw it for at least fifty times as quickly as you can (no resting). Once the set is finished, rest briefly, and then repeat this exercise for at least five sets and working up to ten or twenty. Want to make the treadmill more interesting? Start with a lower weight medicine ball, and as you walk (or run if you can) toss the medicine ball from hand to hand (actually tipping/slapping it as works for you..., you may find raising and lowering your hands a fun and beneficial challenge). For extra fun, combine the incline with your speed until you feel challenged. You can also do this while walking or running (or a mix of the two including sprinting) without a treadmill, but chose a safe area as you won't be as alert to your surroundings as when you run/walk without tossing the medicine ball. Get to where you can do seventy-five minutes non stop with a 15 (or heavier) pound ball, and you should be in excellent shape. If you have access to a racquetball court, try volleying ambidextrously as a fun but challenging exercise. The point is to keep the ball going. I don't care about rules, just return every ball using an ambidextrous technique as this will really allow you to have rapid and challenging exercise. Finally, if these don't work, learn to saw, split, chop and stack wood. These exercises should tighten up your body from head to toe, and if you want to avoid running, it is no problem just walk as quickly as you can tossing the ball in sync with your step.