Want to be healthy? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Want to be healthy?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Ruski, May 30, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Protouring442

Protouring442 F1 Veteran

Sep 5, 2007
    Harriman, TN
    Full Name:
    One Stupid SOB
    Both type 1 Diabetes and Lupus are Autoimmune disorders, and while eating well is most definitely a good thing for people who suffer from these, to rely totally on that as opposed to checking the damage these diseases can do is playing with fire. I know more than one MS patient (MS is also an autoimmune disease) who played around with such "cures" and have payed the price by ending up with in a much worse condition.

Do also note that I never said eating healthy was bad.

Shiny Side Up!
    Bill

2. Protouring442

Protouring442 F1 Veteran

Sep 5, 2007
    Harriman, TN
    Full Name:
    One Stupid SOB
    You do know that alcohol is horribly caustic, right?

There is no magical transformation from acid to alkaline going on. Lemon juice is less acidic and therefore more alkaline than stomach acid, and thus, it has a weakening affect on your stomach acid, making it more alkaline. More importantly, however, is the fact that lemon juice also has calories, and thus it has substance that can be dissolved by the stomach acid.

Ice cream consumption has been linked to drowning...

Link to peer reviewed paper referencing a double blind study please.

Actually, humans cannot digest water at all... no creature can. There is nothing to break down in water, and thus nothing to digest.

Here, however, you have hit upon a truth, at least as it comes to my condition. My stomach produces too much acid, and when I drink water my body releases acid to digest what has come into my stomach. The only problem is, water contains nothing that is digestible, and thus, nothing to neutralize the acid. This situation is exacerbated by long undiagnosed food allergies.

Here we agree, but only partially. The problem with children is not their intake of sugars, etc, rather it is a combination of the lack of responsibility shown by their parents, unhealthy eating habits, a short attention span that is developed by parents and schools giving them everything in short bursts, a lack of self discipline, etc. Certainly their food choices are poor, this is shown by the amazing number of obese children!

For you... but I know people who eat exemplary diets and yet still have high cholesterol. Why? Because some people actually have (you'll never believe this) real problems that do need drugs to effectively manage them.

Shiny Side Up!
    Bill

3. Aaya

Aaya F1 Veteran

Jul 12, 2007
    Full Name:
    Wu Tsai
    Visiting a western doctor is fine, just go to an ER and pretend to not speak English, then it's free.

4. F1Ace

F1Ace F1 Rookie

Mar 15, 2004
    Full Name:
    Wes
    Like what?

5. Ruski

Ruski Karting
    BANNED

Dec 17, 2009
    Chemtralia
    Alcohol is also highly neuro toxic, not only does it destroy the stomach lining but millions of brain cells EVERY TIME you get drunk.

It does not matter if lemon juice is more alkaline than stomach acid, what matters is how will it affect your body, make it more alkaline or acidic. In this case, alkaline, so toss all sodas in the toilet and drink up freshly squeezed lemon juice with (distilled) water.

You want scientific proof that eating McDonald's is bad for you?

A large number of people who claim to eat "healthy" are still eating lots of MSG, aspartame and other toxic food additives that are added to our commercial foods on a wide scale. This is why it's a MUST to educate yourself and watch the ingredients list like a hawk every time you vote with your wallet.

Just look at how many ways they force MSG into everyday foods:

http://www.truthinlabeling.com/hiddensources.html

If you try and stick to raw, natural foods that grow organically and are not processed then you will be eating like God and nature intended.

6. Protouring442

Protouring442 F1 Veteran

Sep 5, 2007
    Harriman, TN
    Full Name:
    One Stupid SOB
    #56 Protouring442, Jun 13, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2011
    Actually, alcohol will eat holes in your stomach and intestines. You need to drink at an alcoholic level of course, but it will happen. I knew about the brain cells, but I don't worry much as I have never been drunk.

Did you read the article I linked, referencing real studies on that? Your body does a great job of monitoring and changing its PH. Making sure you eat and drink the "right stuff" to effect your body's PH ranks right up there with "chelation therapy to purge your body of all the heavy metals we ingest."

You do know that all food and drink is, at some level, toxic, right?

Oh, and I never claimed McDonalds was good for you. Of course it isn't. Neither is life however. The Surgeon General has determined that life does in fact cause death. As it turns out, the death rate for those alive, given a long enough period of time, is 100%.

Yup, God put MSG in mushrooms... damn him, eh?

And what about those radioactive bananas and potatoes? And the radioactive nuts too!

Shiny Side Up!
    Bill

7. Protouring442

Protouring442 F1 Veteran

Sep 5, 2007
    Harriman, TN
    Full Name:
    One Stupid SOB
    My favorite is removing mercury amalgam fillings. Chelation therapy is another one that people use to effect a "cure."

Of course, eating healthy, getting exercise, staying at a healthy weight, etc are all good things for an MS patient (or anyone for that matter) to do. Foods higher in Omega 3 fats are indicated in a few studies to be helpful, and the consuming of certain vitamins (especially D) have been shown to be helpful as well. But it is also vitally important to be on a "disease modifying" drug like Avonex, Rebif, etc.

My wife is on Rebif. She is also on Ampyra (a drug that has drastically improved her walking ability), Ritalin (for MS fatigue) and a couple others whose names I cannot recall. One helps relax her bladder (and only her bladder, how cool is that!) to enable her to store a normal amount of urine. Before this drug, her bladder was always activated, with its muscles being so tense her bladder was actually shrinking!

Shiny Side Up!
    Bill

Shiny Side Up!
    Bill

8. F1Ace

F1Ace F1 Rookie

Mar 15, 2004
    Full Name:
    Wes
    I'm sorry, I guess I wasn't clear enough, but what was tried that made it worse for some?

9. Protouring442

Protouring442 F1 Veteran

Sep 5, 2007
    Harriman, TN
    Full Name:
    One Stupid SOB
    #59 Protouring442, Jun 16, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2011
    What was tried? Not taking their disease modifying medication. MS is an exceedingly insidious disease that can cause great harm to the brain and spinal column without inducing much in the way of symptoms. The problem is, as these asymptomatic exacerbations occur, they destroy the pathways the brain can utilize in rerouting necessary nerve functions. Thus, when an exacerbation finally occurs that disrupts nerve function in an area that causes a visible symptom, too much damage has occurred to allow the brain to reroute and so permanent disability occurs.

The other "therapies" I mention can cause their own problems of course (i.e. Chelation therapy can remove vitally needed metals from the body).

Shiny Side Up!
    Bill

10. Protouring442

Protouring442 F1 Veteran

Sep 5, 2007
    Harriman, TN
    Full Name:
    One Stupid SOB
    There are doctors who seem to have a great deal of difficulty dealing with anything that isn't right there in front of their nose. My wife had to pursue a diagnosis quite rigorously, going through several doctors, before someone did enough work to diagnose her MS. If it were not for her diligence, she would be in much worse shape today as the disease would have progressed much further before being checked my medicines. Still, the fact that their are poor or mediocre doctors does not indict western medicine in general, it only goes to show that their are poor or mediocre doctors and that the patient is wise to learn as much as he can and then to shop well for his doctor.

Shiny Side Up!
    Bill