Want to be healthy? | FerrariChat

Want to be healthy?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Ruski, May 30, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ruski

Ruski Karting
    BANNED

Dec 17, 2009
    Chemtralia
    #1 Ruski, May 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2011
    Want to be healthy, live long and NEVER depend on any expensive drugs from pharmacies?

Follow the advice below, you will need to give up all the nasty junk foods, sugar, diet and regular sodas, table salt, but you will be much better off more than most Americans out there!

Health Tips

•Exercise regularly: some form of cardio at least three times a week!
    •Drink lots of water, it's mother nature's most versatile medicine
    •Get 6-9 hours of sleep daily
    •Meditate
    •Buy locally grown, organic goods, preferably in season, as often as you can
    •Nutritional supplements: whole food supplements, organic vitamins, Standard Process tablets, Alive! supplements, vitamin C
    •Rainforest herbs: Amazon herbs, chanca piedra, etc.
    •Enjoy one hour of full exposure to intense natural sunlight on a near-daily basis with no sunscreen (important for vibrational nutrition and essential for mental health, bone density, vitamin D production, etc.)
    •Take absolutely no prescription drugs or pharmaceuticals whatsoever
    •No visits to M.D.s or western medical doctors (visit naturopathic physicians only)
    •No following the USDA's ridiculous Food Guide Pyramid
    •No steroids, andro supplements or other questionable bodybuilding supplements
    •No diet pills, stimulants or fat burning pills
    •No fad dieting.

The Avoid List

•Sodium nitrite (causes cancer)
    •MSG / monosodium glutamate / yeast extract (causes obesity and nerve damage)
    •Hydrogenated oils (causes heart disease)
    •High-fructose corn syrup / sugar / sucrose (causes diabetes and obesity)
    •Artificial colors (causes behavioral disorders)
    •Aspartame (causes brain damage, optic nerve damage)
    •Homogenized milk fats (cause heart disease and cardiovascular disorders)
    •Red meat (absolutely no beef, pork, or other red meat)
    •Cows' milk, cheese and dairy products
    •Soft drinks, junk foods, snack foods or fast foods
    •Processed foods such as cookies, crackers, frozen dinners, etc.
    •Fried foods
    •White flour and any foods containing white flour
    •Refined carbohydrates such as breads, cereals, pastries, pizza dough, etc.
    •Fruit juice drinks
    •Brand-name laundry detergents (loaded with toxic fragrance chemicals)
    •Popular deodorants (contain aluminum)
    •Fluoride toothpaste (fluoride is a dangerous ingredient)
    •Popular shampoos / soaps / conditioners (all contain harmful fragrance chemicals)
    •Dryer sheets (contain fragrance chemicals)

Top Picks

•Chinese Herbs: Dragon Herbs
    •Multivitamins: Wellness Resources
    •Superfood Supplement: Berry Green by New Chapter & Emerald Balance
    •Minerals Supplement: Catalyst Altered Trace from Baseline Nutritionals
    •Hemp Protein Shakes: Nutiva
    •Sea Salt: Himalayan Crystal Salt from Transition Nutrition
    •Face care: Amazon Herb’s Lluvia line
    •Personal care: Organix South & Pangea Organics
    •Pet products: OnlyNaturalPet.com
    •Agave nectar: Madhava, Sweet Cactus Farms or Good Cause Wellness
    •Spirulina: Cyanotech
    •House cleaning products: Amazon Herb's Clean & Green & Dr. Bronner's

The Recipe For Health

•Juice Feasting
    •Quinoa (boiled, used as cereal or soup base)
    •Hemp products
    •Almond milk
    •Healthy oils from RAW: avocados, extra virgin coconut oil, macadamia nuts, cashews, almonds, peanuts, flax oil, olive oil
    •Daily breakfast with supergreens shake: 2 cups soymilk + 1 scoop supergreens powder + 1 tablespoon aloe vera gel + 1 tablespoon coconut oil + coral calcium powder + stevia + chocolate rice protein + natural peanut butter
    •Superfoods such as chlorella, spirulina, sea vegetables, broccoli sprouts, sunflower sprouts, wheat grass, and various greens powders
    •Massive quantities of vegetables: salad greens, cilantro, broccoli, cabbage, carrots, snow peas, okra, tomatoes, zucchini, etc.
    •Raw, fresh fruits, especially berries (massive quantities of blueberries)
    •Healing foods such as garlic, ginger, onions, etc.

2. rocket50

rocket50 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 9, 2004
    Nashville
    Full Name:
    Rod
    Spam Spam go away!

3. Kaivball

Kaivball Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2007
    Kalifornia
    Maybe you should subscribe as a sponsor...

:)

Kai

4. PT 328

PT 328 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 1, 2005
    What is "heathy"?

5. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Fixed. ;);)

6. Ruski

Ruski Karting
    BANNED

Dec 17, 2009
    Chemtralia
    Thanks Pap :)

7. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    #7 PAP 348, May 31, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  8. Protouring442

Protouring442 F1 Veteran

Sep 5, 2007
    Harriman, TN
    Full Name:
    One Stupid SOB
    Good Grief Charlie Brown...

Shiny Side Up!
    Bill

9. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    I love posts like the OP.

It proves that no matter how incompetent/drunk/drug addicted/senile I may become, there are people so ignorant of scientific principals that I will be able to make a good living.

10. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    I'm just glad coffee, booze and cigarettes didn't make the "naughty" list.

11. Ruski

Ruski Karting
    BANNED

Dec 17, 2009
    Chemtralia
    Guess some still need to be told that coke and meth aren't super foods, hey?

12. cavallo_nero

cavallo_nero Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    colorado
    Full Name:
    Giovanni Pasquale
    this post is great - i have weened myself off prescription medication for GERD by sticking to this list of do's and donts.

instead of juicing, i mix all my veggies and fruits in a blender so i get all the fiber left behind by a juicer.

also, it is HOW you eat - chew your food more to predigest it with saliva.
    dont drink massive drinks or any fluids 30 minutes prior, during and after eating so as not to dilute your stomach acids.

dont over eat...

13. Billy10mm

Billy10mm Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2003
    Westchester
    Full Name:
    Billy Ng
    Lots of people making fun ... but the OP is right.

We intake 4 things to our body (light, air, water, food) .... are there people out there that dense to really believe that the quality of what you put into your body won't affect your health?

My family does the homeopathic thing - I won't get into the stories now because frankly you'll think I'm making half of it up, but suffice it to say improving our diet and finding natural cures for the root cause of issues, not just the symptoms, has improved our health drastically with no side effects at all.

With at least one of my wife's ailments, one that she had for years and was being treated for with conventional meds for that time, a good homeopath had her off all meds and fully "cured" in under 4 months.

I totally understand the poking fun at the OP thing going on. 9 years ago when I first met my wife the idea of natural remedies was just conspiracy theorist garbage that spewed from the mouths of quack-jobs. Then I realized that there were problems my wife had that doctors told her she'd be on medicine for the rest of her life for ... steroids in both cases that the FDA only approves for use for up to two consecutive months ... and we looked for natural alternatives.

Call me a quack, but we're not going back, that's for sure.

14. Kaivball

Kaivball Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2007
    Kalifornia
    The Avoid List

•Red meat (absolutely no beef, pork, or other red meat)
    •Cows' milk, cheese and dairy products
    •Soft drinks, junk foods, snack foods or fast foods
    •Processed foods such as cookies, crackers, frozen dinners, etc.
    •Fried foods
    •White flour and any foods containing white flour
    •Refined carbohydrates such as breads, cereals, pastries, pizza dough, etc.
    •Fruit juice drinks
    •Brand-name laundry detergents (loaded with toxic fragrance chemicals)
    •Popular deodorants (contain aluminum)
    •Fluoride toothpaste (fluoride is a dangerous ingredient)
    •Popular shampoos / soaps / conditioners (all contain harmful fragrance chemicals)
    •Dryer sheets (contain fragrance chemicals)

Everything in excess is bad, even the good stuff.

To say you shouldn't use any of the above is, shall we say, ridicolous?

Some items on that list are urban myth's perpetuated by the feeble minded. But hey, if it makes you sleep better at night avoiding those things, all the power to you.

But running around demonizing those that don't share your worldview or single method style of living is distasteful.

There is a place for western medicine, asian medicine, alternative medicine and homeopathic medicine. To claim that one is superior and/or exclusive is myopic.

Kai

15. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    I have to say that if I had to live following the OP guidelines i wouldnt want to make it to 100. Id miserable every day.

16. Aedo

Aedo F1 Rookie

Feb 22, 2006
    Perth
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Absolutely!

Likewise :D

17. Ruski

Ruski Karting
    BANNED

Dec 17, 2009
    Chemtralia
    Thanks for the kind words.

It's funny, I was on GERD drugs (Nexium) for over a year at one stage due to heart burns and a feeling of an umcomfortable, CONSTANT lump in my throat which at one point nearly reduced me to tears, it was that bad.

I spend a lot of time off work chasing the cause of my problem, it cost me a pretty penny getting tubes down my throat and stomach... no doctor could help me... the best I got was an ENT dr told me my throat is inflamed... so he prescribed Nexium.

I found some info regarding healthy eating, mind you, I was always underweight and always in great athletic shape, tall, skinny and full of energy, yet some of the foods I ate, simply made my heart burn and the throat lump worse.

I quit taking Nexium, started eating only the healthy foods (no processed meats, sodas, no junk foods, plenty of plant based foods and fish) and my lump was gone after a month or so.

I also saw people around me cure themselves from type 2 diabetes on a plant based diet (no meat, dairy, white sugar or flour). They were cured from diabetes 2 which doctors said can never be cured. I know to some this sounds crazy but if you stop eating burgers and indulge in vegies, a world of difference will unfold. I sound like a whack dont I? lol

Anyway, most people will be too lazy to follow my guidelines which I got from the health ranger, Mike Adams.

It's great to have a nice Ferrari but what's the point if you are going to die from a heart failure in your mid 50s, leaving all the money and toys to your wife and her new toy boy... seriously, wake up guys.

18. Ruski

Ruski Karting
    BANNED

Dec 17, 2009
    Chemtralia
    #18 Ruski, Jun 1, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2011
    That's true, you should not avoid all the toxic foods everyday if you choose not to but even when I have a fatty sausage pizza, I burp, feel sleepy and tired and it takes my guts 3 times as long to turn that food into feces. I go to the loo for number 2 (hey that rhymes :D) at least twice a day now, which means my guts are working perfectly and keeping my anal canals steady moving and clean... I've heard horror stories where people who eat junk food, need surgery to remove a turd that was stuck in their pipes for a week or two... yuck and can you imagine the pain?? Eat your fiber guys.

Think of your body as a car engine, you put in crap oils and fuel, you will pay for it in performance. Why put expensive oil in your car, and then eat cheap and nasty McDonald's or KFC for lunch?

But yes, modern medicine has a much needed place in our society... I always go to my local doctor to get a medical certificate when I took a sickie off work :D

19. Ruski

Ruski Karting
    BANNED

Dec 17, 2009
    Chemtralia
    #19 Ruski, Jun 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2011
    Well that's why most of the western world's people don't make it past 70, drug free.

I have a colleague at work, he is 68 yo. Tall, lean, glowing old man with gray hair and glasses. He has as much energy as an average 35 yo. His mind is completely clear, as far as I know he is not on any medications. I would have to say that he is my hero and I would love to be his shape when I am 70.

Nothing better than seeing old, active people who enjoy life to the fullest without drugs and pain.

But seems like it's not for everyone and that's ok.

PS interesting article here, people my age are getting bowel cancer due to junk food.

http://www.news.com.au/breaking-news/fatty-food-may-be-responsible-for-rise-in-bowel-cancer-cases/story-e6frfku0-1226066916952

I don't know about you guy's but I much rather eat my tempeh and green vegies than eat McDonald's and KFC and take a dump into a colostomy bag for the rest of my miserable life.

20. Schimpf

Schimpf Karting

Jul 20, 2005
    CO
    Full Name:
    Schimpf
    #20 Schimpf, Jun 1, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2011
    For me transitioning to eating healthy(ier) has made me feel better. I did grow up eating home made/cooked meals & was use to dessert. Working out makes me feel even better due to genetically having low blood pressure.

If I eat McD, or other fast food I just feel weird & my stomach processing it differently.

As already said, it's about moderation (in just about anything ehh?)

21. kali

kali Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2007
    Full Name:
    Elle
    Everything should be done in moderation. Eating McDonalds all day will kill you, very quickly, from obesity and associated problems. Being anally conscious of your diet as to avoid all GMOs, meat, processed foods, will likely cause some sort of nutritional deficiencies, overdosing on vitamins (yes, it can happen) and other 'good' nutrients. Why not just go through life being eating relatively healthy, avoiding overtly unconscious decisions, and not to over indulge in dessert? There must be a happy medium.

22. Protouring442

Protouring442 F1 Veteran

Sep 5, 2007
    Harriman, TN
    Full Name:
    One Stupid SOB
    Why exactly are you trying to utilize common sense? That's just not right! You cannot expect people to use common sense, it's just not a capacity most people possess! :D

Shiny Side Up!
    Bill

23. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    My good friend eats Macca's twice a day. Once for lunch and then again after work.

He eats a healthy dinner because his Mum cooks it for him. :D:D

He does not drink water, he drinks coke all day. He already has a few rotted teeth from it. One was pulled out at the front, he has a plate with a fake tooth now.

He is 31 yrs old, same age as me and I reckon he will not make it to 50 yrs old. He has had this attrocious diet since around 18-20 yrs old. :(:(

My sis in law does the same. She reckons she HAS to eat Macca's at least once a day. She has it for lunch at work. She eats healthy otherwise, but drinks a lot of beer. :D:D

Me, I rarely eat Macca's or any other junk food. Maybe once every 6 months and only because Im 'on the run' with a friend who eats the crap. I LOVE Subway, the healthy seafood one with salad. I also eat Happy Noodle box which isn't too bad. :eek::eek:

I eat very healthy and a lot of fibre in my diet also. But most times I eat too much, which explains my size. At least it's healthy foods. :eek::eek:

I drink maybe once a week, which is Jim Beam and Coke. The Coke in the Beam is what kills my diet. :(:(

But I have to drink something, right? :D:D

I drink PLENTY of water everyday. At home and even more at work.

Each to their own. Dont think I could go as crazy as you, but I think I have a pretty good balance. :D:D

24. MaxPower

MaxPower Two Time F1 World Champ

Mar 28, 2006
    At sea ... aahhh ...
    Full Name:
    MP
    i'm in shape.

round is a shape.

:D

25. Aedo

Aedo F1 Rookie

Feb 22, 2006
    Perth
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Is that your mechanic mate who had chips and gravy while the rest of us ate a balance meal?

:)