Walter Bordese, Turin, Italy | FerrariChat

Walter Bordese, Turin, Italy

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by Mantabee, Aug 7, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mantabee

Mantabee Rookie

Apr 29, 2008
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Stefan
    Dear F-Chatters,

it may sound a bit desperate to post this question in a mainly US-focussed Ferrari forum, but hey, that is what I am, desperate.

For two years I am a happy and proud owner of a Ferrari 400 Automatic built in May 1978. I bought it at an auction with little info on its history. Thanks to some more or less lucky coincidences and thanks to the help of some experts (also some frequent users of this forum), I was able to track its history quite well. The only missing piece is the very first year between the delivery of the car to a Turin, Italy, based dealer and the export of the car to Switzerland in September 1979. It seems that the only chance to close this gap is to find the dealer who received the car directly from Ferrari and who obviously sold it on at some point. Unfortunately the dealer has long ceased to exist. Therefore I am just taking the chance, no matter what the odds are, to ask the forum: does anybody here know of Walter Bordese, the owner of a Ferrari and Maserati dealerhip in Turin, Italy, during the 60s and 70s? Any hint that could possibly get me in contact with him or his successors is very welcome.

I told you, I am desparate... ;-)

All the best and have a nice weekend and hopefully enjoybale rides with your 365/400/412ers
    Stefan

2. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Via Ippolito Nievo, 25
    101 53 - Torino
    Italy

Tlf: +39 011 240 99 65
    Fax: +39 011 247 89 52

Mr. Walter Bordese

E-mail: [email protected]
    Web: www.2nitalia.it

3. Ashman

Ashman Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2002
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    Hi Jim

Pretty impressive to see that you stop by this forum at least once in a while. Well done!

4. Mantabee

Mantabee Rookie

Apr 29, 2008
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Stefan
    Hi Jim,

thanks for the quick reply!

Cheers
    Stefan

5. Abi2612

Abi2612 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Mar 4, 2005
    Schauenburg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Andreas Birner
    Hi, Stefan!

Just out of pure personal interest, since I am the owner of a Dino 308 GT4 (#15014) which was sold new through Bordese and later resold through him:

Did you ever get in touch with him and if so, could he provide any information on your 400's history?

Please advise.

Many thanks!

Abi