VW Diesel emissions fraud. | Page 4 | FerrariChat

VW Diesel emissions fraud.

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by red27, Sep 21, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    works perfectly?!?! it's polluting the environment and killing baby seals as we speak! :p

it's an interesting quandary. how will pre-scandal prices be set, since nobody recorded their mileage etc the day of the scandal. just a flat fee set per vehicle?

if you keep it and get the $5k, what modifications are going to be required? what does that do to performance/mpg/durability?

still seems like not a lot of specifics.

2. Devilsolsi

Devilsolsi F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 1, 2007
    MD
    Full Name:
    Alex
    True my car works the way it did when I bought it. But I have been looking to get rid of it for a while and the EPA issue has made it impossible.

I wonder what impact the $5K will have on taxes at the end of the year.

3. Devilsolsi

Devilsolsi F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 1, 2007
    MD
    Full Name:
    Alex
    One of the articles I read stated involvement by KBB and talking about an average % depreciation for the TDI cars vs gas cars.

You are correct that there aren't any specifics yet..which is a little worrisome. I am still seeing a lot of conflicting reports, some saying there still isn't a fix for the 2.0 tdi.

4. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    apparently VW has until June to come up with a specific remedy, which then goes to public comments. gotta love the government trying to help the situation :rolleyes:

VW, Justice Department reach diesel emissions deal

5. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I bet you've never seen this.:D:D:D Gotta love Clyde Drexler!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJ1MTsLHjTk[/ame]

I think it will be incremental.

Ah, then yea for people like you that's an issue. I guess I plan on keeping mine until I drive the wheels off so it never crossed my mind.

That's why I have such a problem with this. These cars are so clean as it is, and in most states diesels are emissions exempt.

How exactly does the government come up with their numbers that are already purely fictitious as it is?