Vote on Favorite Mondial Color | Page 7 | FerrariChat

Vote on Favorite Mondial Color

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by soucorp, Oct 11, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. soucorp

soucorp F1 Rookie

Sep 20, 2011
    Old Dominion
    Full Name:
    Mike
    don't feel bad Wade, it looked gray for me too !

Cheers

2. soucorp

soucorp F1 Rookie

Sep 20, 2011
    Old Dominion
    Full Name:
    Mike
    hi Claude, yes you made a big mistake, Sera was a gorgeous car but at least you still have the MondiPalooza memories.

Cheers

3. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
    Yes Mike Mondipalooza will be in memory forever. I knew I was making a mistake but I wanted that Testarossa. I have hope to be able to buy another Mondial someday. I would have buy Stephane's blue Valeo if I would have the funds.

4. hank sound

hank sound F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2004
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Hank Garfield
    It's just the brick building in the background, being reflected in the bonnet. Look at the right hand corner of the front fender. :):)

- - and guess which way those 348 wheels are running. :):):)

Cheers,

Hank

5. MvT

MvT F1 Rookie

May 25, 2013
    The Netherlands - NH
    Full Name:
    Tijn
    Nice Mondi Mike!

Well.. I have seen two 3.2s in Germany when I was looking for one. So I'm afraid it is just as rare as the one with the red Interior :) however the beige interiors just sells better. Not sure why..

Triple\twin black ones are rare here in Europe. Jurgen has a rare combination.. Grigio Metalic with blue interior.

6. Rapalyea

Rapalyea Formula 3

Jun 18, 2013
    Georgia Mountains US
    Full Name:
    David Rapalyea alias
    I own a 1986 Prugna Coupe and it is a perfect match to the car. Elegant and quiet. Silver and light blue are my other top choices. I can't get a picture of uploaded, but it looks just like above examples.

I will try another upload later.

7. Rapalyea

Rapalyea Formula 3

Jun 18, 2013
    Georgia Mountains US
    Full Name:
    David Rapalyea alias
    #157 Rapalyea, Nov 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  8. Burch1

Burch1 Formula 3

May 26, 2012
    Singapore/Carmel, IN
    Full Name:
    Greg
    #158 Burch1, Nov 29, 2014
    Claude,
    Your mondi looks fab in this pic, love the blue/tan against the green background (esp cropped w/o background) and the 348 wheels really set it off - well done!
    Cheers,
    Greg

Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. chrismic

chrismic Formula Junior

Jan 7, 2012
    There is a grigio/crema 3.2 currently for sale in Rome
    Ferrari Mondial Quattrovalvole a Italia - Kijiji

and one in Milan
    Vendo Ferrari Mondial 3.2 (200153) Auto Milano

...but not beige, of course. Grigio is a classy colour with any leather colour

10. Rapalyea

Rapalyea Formula 3

Jun 18, 2013
    Georgia Mountains US
    Full Name:
    David Rapalyea alias
    Hi Wade!

You asked if I had an up to date photo of my Prugna Metalica Coupe but I do not since all my digital camera batteries are dead and I don't have a camera in my 6 year old clamshell Track Phone.

However, even after close to 8,000 miles it looks the same. I took a small micro black marker and filled in some of the dings on the black around the windows. Washed the car the other day after WAY to long. I forgot just how shiny and undinged up the thing is.

A guy at the gas station compemented me on the car and mentioned it seemed 'pristine'. I found that surprising and flattering for a daily driver. I need some camera batteries.

PS: Is anyone keeping track of votes on the Matter? Would be curious to see a bell curve of some sort.

11. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    When I first got possession of that car it had been sitting for a long time and the paint was very cloudy. I spent a solid three days doing a clearcoat body scrub then a swirl remover then a polish and a coat of wax and the shine came right through its amazing considering that is the original paint on the car.

12. soucorp

soucorp F1 Rookie

Sep 20, 2011
    Old Dominion
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #162 soucorp, Dec 10, 2014
    No bell curve study tabulated yet.. but here's a recent article on Ferrari colors:

Why Are There Fewer Ferraris in Red? Why Are There Fewer Ferraris in Red? - Popular Mechanics

Think Ferrari, and you probably think of only one color: "Rosso Corsa," or racing red, the hue that's been synonymous with the Italian manufacturer for decades.

But a recent visit to the Maranello factory revealed a curious trend: orders for traditional "Ferrari Red" are at an all-time low (40 percent, in fact), giving way to a broader array of non-metallic, pearlescent, and even matte finishes, not to mention alternate shades like "Rosso Berlinetta" and "Rosso Fuoco." Traditional red is still the most popular color for a Ferrari, but other colors are growing in popularity like yellow, which is the second most popular choice among customers. Also capturing the fancy of new buyers is an expensive three-layer finish, which adds a degree of depth to the finish.

Senior Vice President of Communications Stefano Lai suggests red's waning trend may have to do with the range of styling in Ferrari's growing portfolio, which will expand to five when the V12-powered F12berlinetta hits our shores early next year. "Perhaps it's because some people think they look nicer in colors other than traditional red," he suggests.

Lai also believes that the emerging popularity of white could be attributable to a certain Cupertino-based personal electronics manufacturer. "It's my personal opinion that Apple transformed white into a technological color," he says, adding that regionality also plays a role in color popularity. "White is not so popular in the UK or Sweden, but it's more common in warm Southern European climates like Spain."

Are we entering an era where Ferraris will no longer automatically associated with traditional Rosso Corsa? While historians will may disagree, the answer really depends on the tastes-- and buying habits-- of the next generation of Ferrari fans.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

13. Mondial83

Mondial83 Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2014
    How do you pick? They are all totally gorgeous!

14. bshaw

bshaw Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Hey, that's my boy and I at Lime Rock! :)

15. bshaw

bshaw Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Bill
  16. Mondial83

Mondial83 Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2014
    Why do some modials have a Ferrari badge on the front top of fenders and others don't?

17. Faber

Faber Formula Junior

May 5, 2011
    TX Hill Country
    Full Name:
    Tom G.
    My bride likes this 2d only to Rosso Corsa. I like it better.

18. Rapalyea

Rapalyea Formula 3

Jun 18, 2013
    Georgia Mountains US
    Full Name:
    David Rapalyea alias
    Rob!

You did one hell of a job on that paint. I had no idea it was ever any less then near new. I now know to be more respectfull and will pay more attention to 'mere' sparkle.

19. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    Hello Bill,

Yes, that's a great shot and I wish I could take credit for it. I've been watching and owning Mondials for years but rarely see them in public so yours must have come from the web somewhere.

Thank you for demonstrating to all one of the key attributes of the Mondial, family fun! :)

20. MvT

MvT F1 Rookie

May 25, 2013
    The Netherlands - NH
    Full Name:
    Tijn
    Officially leaving the factory none of the Mondials carry Ferrari badges on its fenders. Except the Mondial 500. So every Mondial wearing fender badges has been done by owners. Personally I like it and some not. However I need to say that not every color fits a fender badge. again that is a personal opinion :)

Prugna is fitting it very well on your 2 tone bumper Mondial! I think it is very elegant. Do you still have it? Nice ride!

21. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    Thank you sir I appreciate that. I can't take all the credit the previous owner also put a lot of effort into keeping her clean and original the only reason it needed attention when I got it was because it had been sitting at Steve's for so long.

22. bshaw

bshaw Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Thanks for the compliment. Yes, I still have it. I'm starting a major so I'll be ready for a good season next spring.

I like the fender badges but never got around to applying them to my car.

23. bshaw

bshaw Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Bill
    I bought it so I would have a place for my son's car seat in my 'fun' car. We've spent years going to all kinds of car events together. He will no longer fit in the back seat. :)

I wish I could find the original photographer. I'd love to have a hi res copy of that!

It looks like he(she) was on the hill overlooking the back straight.

Best,

Bill

24. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    Hello Bill,

A few clues lead to someone here on FerrariChat who's taken a few photos from the same location. Maybe ask him via PM (porscheracer01)?

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/detailing-showroom/206298-alms-limerock-park-08-album.html

25. Valenzo

Valenzo F1 Veteran

Dec 4, 2010
    IL & NC
    Full Name:
    Ted