Viva Italia Concours D'Elegance, Harbor East, Baltimore - 09.27.2009 | FerrariChat

Viva Italia Concours D'Elegance, Harbor East, Baltimore - 09.27.2009

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by JKScott, Mar 4, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JKScott

JKScott Rookie

Feb 5, 2008
    Baltimore County, MD
    Full Name:
    JK Scott
    Ferrari Lovers from the Mid-Atlantic Region Welcome

Here’s the story …

Mr. Tire has graciously stepped up to be the Presenting Sponsor of VIVA ITALIA – so I should say Mr. Tire presents VIVA ITALIA Concours D’Elegance. Thanks Joe T.!

Announcing an Italian car and motorcycle show to benefit The Children's Guild slated to return to the beautiful streetscape of Harbor East, Baltimore on September 27, 2009.

Last year we had participants from throughout the Mid-Atlantic: as far south as Richmond, north as northern NJ and near Lake Erie and west as the Pittsburgh suburbs. Most of our participants were from DC metro, Baltimore metro and north to Philadephia. Thank you one and all for your support! We truly enjoyed sharing the enthusiasm of the owners of Mid-Atlantic Ferraris, Maseratis, Lamborghinis, Alfa Romeos, and Fiats. Also on display were Moto Guzzi, Aprilia, Ducati and other Italian motorcycles.

You can see photos of last year’s event at our flickr site - www.flickr.com/photos/childrens_guild/

Auto registration and guest VIP Pit Passes include a continental breakfast provided by the MAC, a gourmet luncheon provided by Roy’s Hawaiian Fusion and more. Registration information is available on The Children’s Guild website www.childrensguild.org .

As with last year, the ‘judging’ will be People’s Choice – not traditional Concours judging – we want everyone to come out to enjoy themselves. Not that we don’t appreciate the work that goes into showing the vehicles for display – trust me we do!

The committee is currently seeking sponsors for this event – if you are interested in making a charitable contribution with benefits, please contact me for further information. Last year Joe T. stepped up to this plea – he is coming back this year as our presenting sponsor – again, Thanks Mr. Tire!

Spectators are free – but we will graciously accept donations to benefit The Children’s Guild. Whether you are a Jr., Sr. or Senior citizen we are certain there will be something to fit the bill for your preferences with fun for the entire family! This will be a great time to take pictures of your dream exotic sports car or Italian motorcycle. This family-friendly festival atmosphere will be outdoors, rain or shine. There are plenty of indoor places with shops, restaurants and a movie theatre to duck into if the weather does not cooperate.

To learn more about The Children’s Guild, please visit their website: www.childrensguild.org

2. zebra308

zebra308 Formula 3

Jan 14, 2004
    All Flimmits
    Full Name:
    Ruffis Leekin
    Looking forward to this again!

Joe, kudos for stepping up!

3. THE BEAST 360

THE BEAST 360 Formula Junior

Jul 17, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Nathan K
    Your the man Joe T, very generous of you!!!

4. 4re4me

4re4me Formula Junior

Jun 12, 2006
    Wickenburg, AZ
    Full Name:
    Barbara
    Great event last year - Don't miss it!

5. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    I will pay for entry regardless of the weather and given a non raining day I will in fact attend in the Barchetta. Great event in 2007 and look forward to attending this year (weather Gods dependent) Jon in Delaware

6. JoeT

JoeT Karting

Jun 16, 2007
    Naples, FL
    Full Name:
    Joe T
    Guys,
    You are all welcome! Your true thanks would be to bring all your beautiful Italian works of art out to this event to truely make it the best ever; while raising money for a great cause during these tough economic times. We are all truly fortunate in many different ways to own, drive and appreciate these outstanding automobiles and motorcycles that most can only dream about. Sharing our pride and enthusiasm with the public for a great cause is just a very small way of giving back. I sure hope to see you all there, I'm looking forward to it. As we get closer to September 27 Mr. Tire will also be tagging it's advertising supporting this event.

PLUS, I would like to donate a set of Goodyear, Pirelli, Bridgestone or Michelin Tires (winners choice) to one owner of a Registered Italian exotic that ATTENDS this event; not that you need another reason to attend.

Thanks again,

JT

7. ALPO

ALPO Formula 3

May 13, 2005
    Annapolis area
    Full Name:
    alpo
    Awesome! Does that inlcude the spare tire too? The TR may need new shoes.

8. JKScott

JKScott Rookie

Feb 5, 2008
    Baltimore County, MD
    Full Name:
    JK Scott
    September 27 will be here before you know it!!
    Please visit www.viva-italia.org to register on-line for this event to benefit The Chiildren's Guild. We will be closing registration September 24.
    The committee is working very hard to make this event better than last year. We have a new restaurant for the luncheon - Roy's Hawaiian Fusion.
    There is great entertainment in store for the center stage.
    We are still seeking donors and sponsors for this worthwhile organization.
    For more information please visit www.viva-italia.org

9. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Just registered for this event--Looking forward to it..

10. rcraig

rcraig F1 Rookie

Dec 7, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Bob Craig
    This really is a great event and the venue, for those that have not been there, is very nice. We really had a good time last year and the year before both. Lots of nice cars and great people.

My gallery from last year.

http://gallery.me.com/my79308gtb#100010&bgcolor=black&view=mosaic&sel=1

After you look through, click My Gallery to see a bunch of galleries from last year.

Bob

11. DetailGuy

DetailGuy Formula 3

Oct 15, 2006
    Ashburn, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    The wife and I will be in attendance! Joe, since we aren't bringing an "exotic" we would like to certainly offer our time to help organize or help out in any way we can!

12. MBFerrari

MBFerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 2, 2008
    NoVA
    Full Name:
    Matt B
    Anyone East of the Mississippi that wants to transport thier car via enclosed trailer to the event, please contact me asap. 703-403-8600/www.whitehorseautoconcierge.com
    Either way I will be there and look forward to meeting all of you.
    Regards,
    Matt B

13. chuck1

chuck1 Rookie

Aug 12, 2005
    MD
    Full Name:
    Chuck 1
    Thanks again to Joe T for stepping up. The Children's Guild and the committee appreciates your support and effort

14. JoeT

JoeT Karting

Jun 16, 2007
    Naples, FL
    Full Name:
    Joe T
    Chris,
    Just come and enjoy! I look forward to seeing you and your new bride.
    JT

15. JoeT

JoeT Karting

Jun 16, 2007
    Naples, FL
    Full Name:
    Joe T
    Chuck,
    Today I received a call from Bridgestone Tire Corp and they will be bringing a Ferrari Formula One (F1) Car to this event! Also, Pirelli is trying to secure a Ferrari Challenge Car AND one of the Pirelli girls. Michelin is sending Bib (the Michelin man), not the same as a Pirelli girl but the kids will like him. lol. I'll keep you posted. With the support of the exotic Italian car and motorcycle enthusiast community, this is shaping to be a great event!

Guys and Gals, REGISTER NOW; it's for a great cause!

JT

16. Jsuit

Jsuit Formula 3

Jul 12, 2005
    East Coast
    Full Name:
    John
    You Rock Joe, as always!

17. Monteman

Monteman Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 9, 2006
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Full Name:
    Monte
    Joe, that was the tipping point for me. Thanks for the great support.

18. FUNRARI

FUNRARI Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2008
    Washington D.C.
    Full Name:
    Z
    An F1 car, a Pirelli girl or a Michelin man, (so all the bases are covered, ha ha), I've heard people rave about this event... I'm in! Will be attending along with my support vehicle, (wife and kids ;)). Looking forward to meeting you all there for this great cause!

19. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    This event gets better and better--Should be a great time!!!

20. ALPO

ALPO Formula 3

May 13, 2005
    Annapolis area
    Full Name:
    alpo
    Wetpet has first dibs on the Pirelli girl

21. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
    I'm in ... see you DC, NoVa guys there

22. JoeT

JoeT Karting

Jun 16, 2007
    Naples, FL
    Full Name:
    Joe T
    I am sure that she will have a nice sicilian shoe maker as her escot if you know what I mean. lol. But I don't think even that would stop Ed.

23. ALPO

ALPO Formula 3

May 13, 2005
    Annapolis area
    Full Name:
    alpo
    LOL - that was funny and true

24. JKScott

JKScott Rookie

Feb 5, 2008
    Baltimore County, MD
    Full Name:
    JK Scott
    VIVA ITALIA is September 27.

Please visit www.viva-italia.org for more information and to register your cars/purchase your Pit Passes.

As you have read from the posts for this event there are a lot of great things planned, the area is beautiful, and Roy's promises a great luncheon.

We still have space for your car or motorcycle and room at the table for your guests.

Please join us for a great day to benefit The Children's Guild.

Registration closes Sept. 26 at 6 p.m. No day of event registrations.

www.viva-italia.org

25. stormin

stormin Karting

Sep 16, 2005
    Alexandria, VA
    Full Name:
    Norm W
    I've registered, see everyone there!

Norm