visiting maui soon, best restaurant in | Page 2 | FerrariChat

visiting maui soon, best restaurant in

Discussion in 'Hawaii' started by Edward 96GTS, Jun 19, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ridege55

ridege55 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 9, 2017
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    John
    Thanks Bob! I was thinking about Gerard but was not sure. It seemed stuffy but I will go ahead and book now. Thank you for the recommendation. Always have a great time in Maui. Did Kauai last year and the Big Island, but I always love coming back to Maui.

2. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Mama’s is very good and very over priced. Lunch is probably a way better value.

Monkeypod is good.

Leoda's Kitchen and Pie Shop is a Must.

Stillwell's Bakery & Cafe is wonderful.

Teddy's Bigger Burgers, one of the best burgers and shakes I’ve had.

If you like Poke don’t waste time at a restaurant. Go straight to any food land supermarket and theirs is the best poke.

Paia Fish Market Fantastic reasonably priced fresh fish. In paia and not Lahaina.

Komoda Store and Bakery, wonderful donuts.

Paia Bay Coffee & Bar, great coffee etc.

This is some of the best stuff from different parts of the island.

ridege55 likes this.
  3. ridege55

ridege55 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 9, 2017
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    John
    Thank you LaCrinoid! Some really great recommendations.

crinoid likes this.
  4. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Go to Makawao, do some shopping and eat at Polli's!

***Wait, I already posted that! LOL

5. Metastable

Metastable Formula Junior

Must must try Paia Fish Market...... there is one in Paia and one in Kihei ..... better than Mama’s IMO, but be warned you line up to order then pick a seat, no reservations because they are so awesome and busy. Line up moves quickly.

Please go and rent a fun car and do Haleakala and the southern road to Hana (not “The Road to Hana” on the North side).... just turn around before it goes to dirt.

These guys are great to deal with www.mauiminigo.com It might not be on their website, but they have a Morgan 3 wheeler, M4, Lotus Elise, Porsche Cayman R..... and a bunch of Minis... Very reasonably priced and excellent service.

On the British section of Ferrari Chat you can read my review of the Morgan. Lots of pics.

6. Metastable

Metastable Formula Junior

#31 Metastable, Jan 21, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2019
    If you fancy good Pizza, Shaka Pizza in Kihei is very tasty. It is more of a takeout place... or delivery, but there are places to sit. Again it is a place your order and then sit down and they bring you your food, but you are not waited on. Tastes great, location is not fancy, mind you nothing wrong with it either.

7. Mang

Mang F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 11, 2007
    ta HO
    Full Name:
    Mike S.
    Add Nalu in north Kihei, local flavor and good affordable food. Been on Maui most of the past 2 years, so qualified to eat here :D