Visiting Italy, can I squeeze in a trip to the land of Supercars? | FerrariChat

Visiting Italy, can I squeeze in a trip to the land of Supercars?

Discussion in 'Europe' started by 55fanatic, Jan 23, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 55fanatic

55fanatic Formula Junior

Apr 30, 2006
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Peter Ladas
    All,

Going to be heading to Italy for a wedding in June and early July... I am flying in to Rome and will spend a couple days there.

Is it worth the 4 hour drive north to go visit the factory(for a non owner). I was hoping to go see Lamborghini, Ferrari, and maybe Pagani if I could swing it as I understand them all to be relatively close to one another?

Let me know your thoughts, there are a number of threads but all seem to be more than a few years old, not sure if anything has changed in that time.

-Pete

2. Lars Theunissen

Lars Theunissen F1 Veteran

Mar 2, 2005
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Lars Theunissen
    Sure it's worth a 4-hour drive! Although "visiting the factory" will be more like "seeing the factory from outside the gates" :)

In Maranello there's enough to see & do otherwise though, like the Ferrari museum, several very nice Ferrari shops, several companies that rent Ferraris that you can drive yourself. Of course you can also see many brand new Ferraris being test driven by the factory.

Lamborghini also has a nice museum at the factory and if you contact them well in advance, you might even be able to join a factory tour.

Just make sure you plan your visit before & after the lunch break, so that you don't find everything closed.

Ciao,

Lars T.

3. Gilles82

Gilles82 Formula Junior

Oct 14, 2009
    Maranello (Mo) Italy
  4. Finitele

Finitele Formula 3

Sep 26, 2007
    DBC
    Full Name:
    DIR
    Ah, why would you not want to try this adventure?

5. JazzyO

JazzyO F1 World Champ

Jan 14, 2007
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Onno
    Pagani is certainly also worth a visit, and if you happen to wonder further North, try the MM museum in Brescia.

Onno

6. 55fanatic

55fanatic Formula Junior

Apr 30, 2006
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Peter Ladas
    Sigh, based on traveling using FF miles I'm now only going to have a day in Rome :(

Looks like this is going to have to wait...