Virginia Tech | Page 10 | FerrariChat

Virginia Tech

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Townshend, Apr 16, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. shaddai

shaddai Karting

Feb 23, 2006
    weston, fl
    i can pretty much guarantee none of them wrote stories similar to cho or their own films when they were in college, if they were.

if you cant see the major difference between writing sadisitic, troubling stories for a creative writing/english class and writing a film for hollywood/money then i cant help you.

furhtermore, the contents of cho's writings are so random and barely makes any sense. there's no quality or "art" to it. its just a collection of ramblings regurgitated from the possessed mind of a madman

2. 8 SNAKE

8 SNAKE F1 Veteran

Jan 5, 2006
    Springfield, MO
    Full Name:
    Mike
    No offense taken, but I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. Why would someone feel that they had "somewhere to escape" just because he or she went to school in San Diego or Los Angeles? Feeling trapped is a state of mind, not a state of location.

3. 8 SNAKE

8 SNAKE F1 Veteran

Jan 5, 2006
    Springfield, MO
    Full Name:
    Mike
    You completely missed my point. As citizens of a free country, each of us has the right (choice) to bear arms. We don't need to provide armed guards at every door, but we shouldn't strip away the rights of citizens to protect themselves from incidents like this.

4. 8 SNAKE

8 SNAKE F1 Veteran

Jan 5, 2006
    Springfield, MO
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Or they start making bombs in their dorm rooms.

There's always a way to harm other people. Focusing on the tool being used is a waste of time. Look for the reasons why people are seeking out these tools. That's where the solutions will be found.

5. shaddai

shaddai Karting

Feb 23, 2006
    weston, fl
    wow...are you honestly saying that you think its a GOOD idea to put firearms in the hands of drunk, stoned, stressed, confused, college students?! yeah, nothing bad will happen at a frat party where even 10% of the people there have guns.

guns have NO business in the hands of college students on a college campus, especially if we're allowing them to CARRY them around throughout the day which would have needed to be the case to save most of those students.

6. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Thank you

7. ZINGARA 250GTL

ZINGARA 250GTL F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 21, 2002
    PA
    Full Name:
    Ken
    we'reot, and we won't.

8. 8 SNAKE

8 SNAKE F1 Veteran

Jan 5, 2006
    Springfield, MO
    Full Name:
    Mike
    How in the world did you pull that from what I wrote?

Murders have no business on college campuses.

9. shaddai

shaddai Karting

Feb 23, 2006
    weston, fl
    uhm..how do i not pull that from what you wrote? if thats not what you're trying to say, what ARE you trying to say?

and...duh

10. gougoul

gougoul Formula 3

Nov 25, 2004
    Geneva, Switzerland
    Yeah well what ?

Some Kentucky-Trailer-park-resident should choose who would be allowed to carry a gun and who not ?

For sure not, you're in a free country, so EVERYONE should be allowed to have a gun.
    A french saying goes like "Your freedom ends where someone else's starts", well, i guess it is my freedom not to have an idiot pointing a gun at me because i just overtook him on the highway and he had a bad night with his GF.
    And yeah, as you say, there's always a way to harm people, but if you don't say how to build bombs and don't give access to guns, "bad people" will have a harder time to hurt other people. For sure they will always find a way, but it will be less brutal, and less often that they'll end up really doing it. Not seeing this is beyond absurdity.

Oh, by the way, as a fan of freedom, you should be against the cig' ban, right ?

11. Webby

Webby F1 Veteran

Sep 12, 2004
  12. 8 SNAKE

8 SNAKE F1 Veteran

Jan 5, 2006
    Springfield, MO
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I wrote that people should have the right to defend themselves, and that's what I firmly believe. If a university, town, state or country takes away the right for people to legally carry firearms to protect themselves, those places have essentially told all would-be criminals that these are good areas to attack people.

We live in a free country, so the liberties that we are afforded also have risks associated with them. I'm free to drive down any of the public highways that I choose, but I run a much higher risk of getting injured or killed by another motorist (who shares that freedom) than I do a person legally carrying a firearm in my state. You all seem to want a perfect answer when none exists. Quit seeking government intervention and start looking for people to take accountability for their actions.

13. 8 SNAKE

8 SNAKE F1 Veteran

Jan 5, 2006
    Springfield, MO
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Absolutely. By the same token, people can forfeit their rights through their own actions.

A
    I quit reading when we started with "the french". What the French say has absolutely no bearing on the actions of the United States of America.

In case you haven't figured it out yet, the internet shoots your theory of hiding bomb-building secrets right out of the water. You're kidding yourself if you think the removal of one tool will lead to a reduction in violence. It will simply lead to the adoption of another tool.

I don't care one bit if you want to smoke yourself into oblivion, just as long as you don't hurt me or others in the process. ;)

I can see we're taking this down to a third-grade level, so rather than play in your sand box, I'll find more productive uses for my time.

14. mattymouse33

mattymouse33 F1 Rookie

Oct 25, 2004
    We'll set aboot ye!
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    Let me get this straight.

Freedom to own a gun is a good thing?

To me that isnt what freedom is about.

15. shaddai

shaddai Karting

Feb 23, 2006
    weston, fl
    you ARE allowed to defend yourself.

however, you are not allowed to walk on to ANY school campus or government property with a weapon. if thats infringing on your rights then you're a crybaby and obviously don't understand the fundamentals of "freedom"

you can't just go wherever the hell you want with a weapon just because you're allowed to OWN one.

by saying that you don't think universities should be able to take away the right to carry a weapon on campus you ARE saying what i stated in my last post. you think that college students should be able to roam around campus with a weapon on them just in case someone else decides to go bananas. you don't think that allowing immature college students to walk around with weapons is going to cause MORE deaths than not?!

16. 8 SNAKE

8 SNAKE F1 Veteran

Jan 5, 2006
    Springfield, MO
    Full Name:
    Mike
    To me it is. We'll have to agree to disagree and enjoy our ways of life on our respective sides of the pond.

17. 8 SNAKE

8 SNAKE F1 Veteran

Jan 5, 2006
    Springfield, MO
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I've tried to keep this conversation above name-calling and personal insults. You've deemed both appropriate, so I'll choose to discontinue our little conversation. I enjoy a healthy debate as much as anyone, but slinging mud is best left to the pigs.

18. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    That is why you are what is known as a "Subject".

19. shaddai

shaddai Karting

Feb 23, 2006
    weston, fl
    lol.....did calling you a cry baby hurt your feelings? i'm sorry :)

you'll have to understand that on some other boards most people skim over those comments and just pay attention to the point trying to be made. sometimes its difficult to make a transition from one board to the next:)

i retract that comment from my post. :)

20. mattymouse33

mattymouse33 F1 Rookie

Oct 25, 2004
    We'll set aboot ye!
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    So how many of the delusional psychopaths that have decided to run amock in schools have blown them up?

I'm not aware of any but maybe you are.

I'm certainly not trying to rationalise this case but think that the US gun laws and so called freedom has a big part to play in this. You clearly do not as you are bred into that community, we watch from the outside, from a place that doesnt suffer from these acts of madness half as much as your country does.

So if you had picked out your gun to defend yourself against this idiot then the police may have burst in and shot you, not just you but the 27,000 other people running amock thinking they have shot the killer, guns are not the answer to defence in this situation.

Can you explain what is so scary about the police having all the power of guns? They enforce the law if i remember correctly.

With regards gun control, of course i favour it, they are guns for christs sake. Of course the campus ban guns. This guy is a freak of nature, why aid him in carrying out such an atrocity. If the guns were not available then yes he may have came across one illegally but at least he may have struggled and not had a vest heavily stocked with thousands of bullets.

The rights of citizens and the right to buy and own a gun is different to me. Americans seem to think a gun is a necessary part of their life unfortunately. Thats just the way it is. Their will be many more massacres like this god bless and hundreds more killed as a result until something is done. At least try and make it harder for these idiots to do this injustice to your children.

21. mattymouse33

mattymouse33 F1 Rookie

Oct 25, 2004
    We'll set aboot ye!
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    You really are nothing but a w4nker.

It seems that you like getting a kick from trying to put people down. Grow up little boy and complain all you want

22. mattymouse33

mattymouse33 F1 Rookie

Oct 25, 2004
    We'll set aboot ye!
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    I understand as I know its the different cultures we live in

23. TG

TG F1 Veteran

Oct 26, 2004
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Taylor
    You took that out of context, obviously it's not jail or anything like it. I agree with the state of mind comment, but I still think what your surrounded by DOES have a major influence.

24. 8 SNAKE

8 SNAKE F1 Veteran

Jan 5, 2006
    Springfield, MO
    Full Name:
    Mike
    You only need to look as far as Iraq. People there are making bombs every day of the week and blowing people up. If you want to look within the US, look at the Oklahoma City bombing or the World Trade Center bombing a few years ago.

Clearly a matter of personal perspective. You prefer the UK and I prefer the US. I'm not telling you how to clean up England...

I'd rather take my chances...

Ummm, Iraq rings a bell again. Or the threat of any other potential dictatorship. Clearly you do not understand the fundamental ideals with which this country was founded. That's fine, I just don't see that you have any place to tell us how we should run our own country.

You clearly have no idea what you're talking about here.

Again, you haven't a clue. Americans are passionate about FREEDOM. One of my freedoms is the right to bear arms, but it's no more or less important than any of the other freedoms that I'm afforded.

25. 8 SNAKE

8 SNAKE F1 Veteran

Jan 5, 2006
    Springfield, MO
    Full Name:
    Mike
    So what is it that we're surrounded by here in Missouri?