Vintage Only LLC (Scottsdale AZ) | FerrariChat

Vintage Only LLC (Scottsdale AZ)

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by BartonWorkman, Feb 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    Anyone in the Arizona area familiar with the brokerage Vintage Only LLC
    and its owner Fred Balto?

Any information appreciated.

BHW

2. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    Contacting our Japanese friends to find out if anyone there has had any
    dealings with broker Toshi Ueno.

Any direction appreciated.

BHW

3. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    The owner of Vintage Only, LLC is Frederic Ballot, not Balto as previously
    stated.

The address is:
    15651 North 83rd Way
    Scottsdale, Arizona 85260

No one has done business with Vintage Only?

BHW

4. Under PSI

Under PSI F1 Rookie

May 13, 2005
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I've never heard of them until now.

5. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    Surprising no one in Japan knows of Toshi Ueno or his partner Frederic
    Ballot of Vintage Only, LLC in Scottsdale, Arizona.

He represents himself as a high end exotics dealer.

BHW

6. icecar-1

icecar-1 Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2008
    Topsfield/Danvers Ma
    Full Name:
    Steve
    If this is the same Toshi Ueno that contacted me back in the 90s about a Ferrari I had for sale then... Phone call after call (he contacted me initially) and no return, then when he did excuse after excuse as to why he could not buy the car at that time. There was no deal as I took the car off the market shortly afterwards.
    Other than that I have had no business dealings with him and never met him.

7. calder1

calder1 F1 Rookie
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 26, 2006
    Redondo Beach
    Full Name:
    Craig
    pm sent

8. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    Thanks to everyone who has responded privately so far.

We're learning a lot about Vintage Only LLC, Frederic Ballot and Toshi Ueno.

I've just learned that the attorney for Vintage Only is watching this thread so we
    better watch out!

BHW

9. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    Thanks.

Not much has changed evidently.

BHW

10. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    Looking for any U.S. contact information for Japanese broker Toshi Ueno.

Evidently, he spends time in the Sarasota area.

Any direction appreciated.

BHW

11. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    Poor dear Toshi and Fred (or is it Herbert?), we really have some problems
    to overcome don't we?

BHW

12. Testarossa13

Testarossa13 Formula Junior

Dec 4, 2007
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Tony Jr.
  13. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
  14. DesertDawg

DesertDawg Eight Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 25, 2010
    The Desert
    Full Name:
    DesertDawg
  15. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    I am owed a lot of money on a deal I brought Mr. Ballot of Vintage Only, LLC.

I'll start as many threads as it takes to be sure these guys can't sell pencils
    on street corners much less collectible cars.

BHW

16. DrStranglove

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    #16 DrStranglove, Mar 15, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2014
    Please see the FAQ and terms of service. One thread should suffice. It will not look good if fchat has to start taking them down.

(Like just happened.)

17. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    I had the original thread taken down on the promise from Fred Ballot of Vintage Only, LLC that the money he owes me was being arranged. After he crossed that line in the sand for the millionth time, I started a new thread.

Today, I am being threatened by Fred Ballot of Vintage Only, LLC as if I continue to persue
    the money he owes me, there will be a "very costly". I've asked Mr. Ballot to please provide me the name and phone number of his attorney but as yet, he has not done so.

Here is the EMail I received from Mr. Ballot of Vintage Only, LLC. Does this sound like someone who wants to be contrite in paying what he owes?

"Barton
    You have exactly until to shut down the **** on the Ferrari chat after that trust it will be very costly trust me.
    Fred"

I'm still trying to figure out exactly when exactly might be and what Mr. Ballot of Vintage Only, LLC doesn't seem
    to grasp is that my business dealings with him have already been very costly.

BHW

18. DrStranglove

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    Ok, thanks! I know hindsight is 20/20 but I would have advised you not to take down the original thread until payment had been made. Obviously, Mr. Ballot of Vintage Only, LLC, is concerned about the bad publicity if that is the only thing that made him reach out to you.

I wish you luck and maybe you could add some more details on how / why Frederic Ballot, at
    15651 North 83rd Way, Scottsdale, Arizona owes you $$$ and what for...?

19. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    It seems to be a pattern with Vintage Only, LLC, Digit Motor Sports, European Vintage Car
    Company, et.al. (whatever its called this year) which a quick Google search reveals.

Lots of promises, failure to deliver and therefore a lot of disenchanted customers.

Is it that there are just no regulations in the State of Arizona?

BHW

20. labcars

labcars Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2003
    Phila. + Scottsdale
    I have a friend in Paris who has been waiting for/trying to collect the $55k for an SL Mercedes that was purchased from Mr. Ballot for OVER 5 YEARS!. It's a story not unlike that of 1955Juaguar. I have ALL of the email exchanges/documents from that transaction. Mr. Ballot is free to come look for me anytime he'd like to discuss the situation. Caveat emptor.

21. DrStranglove

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    What does your lawyer say?

22. Fredericaz85

Fredericaz85 Rookie

Jun 26, 2014
    After month of damaging my name by Mr. Barton Workman, I believe now it is about time to reveal what exactly happened. Everything is provable.
    Back in November of 2013 Barton introduced me to one of his client regarding his interest for the purchase of Rolls Royce's and Bentleys(I'm avoiding to expose the name of this person because I do not have the right to do so contrary to some people). At that time I was doing some deals with somebody which of sometimes we were partners on some business. This person is not a member of my company never been associated in any kind. In December of 2013 Barton's customer had decided to purchase a Rolls Royce and Bentley. The full amount of the transaction has been sent to a friend of his customer inTokyo. The partner I had in this deal received the commission in Tokyo. We agreed Barton will receive $ 5,000.00 commission. I never had any contract signed with Barton. I have received my commission minus 50% of my participation for Barton commission. Unfortunately the person I was dealing with, never sent to Barton his commission. I must stipulate all the time Barton was perfectly aware of the situation. Sometime in February of 2014 his phone was disconnected and a few days later he post a nasty comment about me making me responsible for not been able to pay his phone bill. I have explained him to post a comment in a forum which has nothing to do with Rolls Royce and Bentley was not only wrong but inappropriate. Three weeks later based on his email he was unable to take care of his water and electricity bill and of course making me responsible for that.
    At the beginning I have ask him kindly to remove those untrue and damaging comments but the answer was too bad.
    I feel very sorry for what is happened to Barton but many times I had ask him to contact directly this guy but told me it is not his problem.
    I found very strange when I ask him why did he post a comment on the FerrariChat knowing this forum is talking about Ferrari and Maserati, his answer was, I know personally the owner.
    Very strange the owner of this website authorizing somebody to post comments about something who basically has nothing with Ferrari but Rolls Royce an Bentley.
    I just wanted to rectify certain things.

23. Fredericaz85

Fredericaz85 Rookie

Jun 26, 2014
    Why my response to Barton cannot be posted? Should I understand the complicity of the owner of the website? It is obvious

24. nerofrance

nerofrance Rookie

Sep 18, 2006
    PROVENCE, FRANCE
    Full Name:
    PASCAL
    I totally agree with Frederic Ballot, we should only discuss of Ferrari/Maserati on this website

25. nerofrance

nerofrance Rookie

Sep 18, 2006
    PROVENCE, FRANCE
    Full Name:
    PASCAL
    Let 's concentrate on italian cars then. He "sold" me a Maserati Ghibli SS 2 years ago. He offered me this car because in 2010 I had bought a Jaguar XKE roadster 1966 he never delivered. After several fake promises I hired a lawyer and we found the Maserati option was a good one, the car was already in Europe, it was easy to bring it back at my place, the price was a bargain as I had paid $60,000 for the Jag. But as usual it began to take too much time and when I spoke to the french owner I discovered this man was expecting me to pay $90,000 for the Ghibli (wich was supposed to be already paid by Ballot)
    The next year I was contacted by another victim who read my story on a blog. He had just left a deposit for the same car and Ballot claimed the Maserati was in Houston at the custom waiting for documents. Again I called the french owner who confirmed me his car was quietly sleeping in his garage....