Vintage Ferrari Market visibility | FerrariChat

Vintage Ferrari Market visibility

Discussion in 'Vintage Ferrari Market' started by amenasce, Jul 1, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Where are

275 GTB both short and long , 2 and 4 cams
    Lussos ?
    Boxers ?
    Daytonas ?
    330/365 GTCs ?
    SWBs ?

going in value ?

2. Vintage V12

Vintage V12 Formula 3

Aug 11, 2004
    Look at the latest issue of Cavallino. Arrows are pointing up on the vintage cars. 275gtb is doing better then 403b......but who cares, not selling,ever.

3. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    I dont have Cavallino here in France.

Last 275 GTB/4 i have seen advertised fs was @ 650k$

4. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

No Cavallino? That truly sucks.

However Carbon McCow has come to your rescue.

Snap up Carbon's offer of a discount (well, actually additional months free) of the Ferrari Market Letter online.

Each issue has info on current trends on these and all the other Ferrari's you could ever want to know about.

http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?p=135037658#post135037658

There's the link.

DM

5. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion

I already read the FML :) , i wanted to know the opinion of you guys ..

6. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    Do what my parents do, they send me my copy of Cavallino when it shows up. :)

7. srslusso

srslusso Formula Junior

Mar 17, 2005
    Encino,Ca.
    Full Name:
    Steve S.
    I think they are going straight up on the most desirable models, most of which you have named. 330GTCs have doubled in the last year and one half. In Southern California where there are a lot of Ferrari "classics". Prices are going up and up and the cost of restoration is going higher and higher. Look how hard it is to get certain work done, ie chrome work is getting very expensive due to the lovely EPA (sic) rules and when was the last time you priced a great paint job by someone very good at it.
    I love the models of the late 50's 60's and early 70's and am currently looking for another, the longer I wait the more expensive they become. It seems to me that everyone who owns a Daytona has taken it off the market because they think it will be doubling and tripling in price in the next 2 years. The only cars that seem to be getting cheaper are some less desirable cars like 400i s (sorry if you love one) and a few of the big 2+2 s or bad cars. 360 coupes and 550s seem like real bargins in comparison to the classic models. remember there were only 350 Lussos built fewer SWBs etc.etc.
    Also many of the old cars are fast, beautiful, sound great without a TUBI exhaust and stay in tune once you get them right. Also you don't see other owners of the same model as often.

8. Bryanp

Bryanp F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2002
    Santa Fe, NM
    I don't think you can put the big 2+2s before the 365gt4 2+2/400/412 family into the 'getting cheaper' group. A recent FML API provides the following percentage increases in asking prices over the last 2 years:
    250GTE +51.7%
    330GT2+2 +37.85%
    365GT2+2 +44.69%

9. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    And being one of the few fans of this group, they are not getting cheaper, but more flat. The ones that come to market usually need work. The nice ones are out there, just not for sale...

10. dry4re

dry4re Formula Junior

Mar 29, 2005
    AZ
    I understand that in the current issue of "classic & sports car" there are two cut nart spiders - one a 2 the other a 4 - with asking prices in USD - $525k and $800 k....they are cut cars!!! Two years ago a nice cut gtb/4 was a no sale at 450 in Monterey at Brooks. Finding good cars is getting increasingly more difficult and all the price guides (even the good ones) are starting to look like a figment of buyer's imagination. See how many 330 GTS you can find offered under 200; or decent Daytonas under 145 which is where most guides put them. I guess the answer to the question is that prices are going up and there isn't a lot of supply to meet demand.