Vinko Motors | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Vinko Motors

Discussion in 'Canada' started by jcb928, Dec 6, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. zudnic

zudnic Formula 3

Nov 13, 2014
    Vancouver
    Sorry about the double post. Looked the first one didn't go through, so I rewrote it.

Sad news. I was searching to see if Vinko was still around. Hoped to get a number and give him a call. Anyway, I remembered his last name and searched. Vinko passed away just a few weeks ago.

VINKO PEHAR Obituary: View VINKO PEHAR's Obituary by Toronto Star

2. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    I didn't know this :(

3. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
    We will all reach this step someday. We only need to keep good memories of the ones that leave and hope others will remember us when times come.

This is what makes history.

4. bernardo66

bernardo66 The Crazy Cat Man
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    Wow!!! His obit is a great immigrant story!!

RIP Vinko.

5. ClassicFerrari

Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    I've heard crazy stories from directly from other big players in the business about Vinko. These now players were just kids going to Vinko to learn the ropes at the time.

I've been trying to get a hold of an old photo of his dealership from back in the day. His outside lot had lots of great cars parked outside. This pic showed a Miura that was up in the front-line and retail ready!!! :)

6. teveo

teveo Formula Junior

Oct 1, 2005
    Norway
    Full Name:
    Trond Vidar
    #31 teveo, Jan 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    tgc5874 likes this.
  7. ClassicFerrari

Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    #32 ClassicFerrari, Jan 11, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2015
    YES!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!

You'd think I'd have googled it too! It's ONLY the first pic on Google when I did a search just now lol :)

Wonder where that Miura is now...

8. zudnic

zudnic Formula 3

Nov 13, 2014
    Vancouver
    Been busy with other things. Decided to check the forum today. I wonder if Vinko's son is still in the car business. Believe his name was John. He worked at Gentry Lane in 97/8 time frame. Looked at a Testarossa at Gentry Lane with John as the salesmen. It was still the authorized Lamborghini dealer then. Brother bought a 928GTS instead.

9. gjd1

gjd1 Rookie

Sep 4, 2015
    I had the pleasure to work with his son John in the 80's at jaguar on Bay. John was a great guy and was always talking about the old man.He had some great stories. Great times with a great bunch of characters..and they were characters. Rest in peace old man.

10. myronx19

myronx19 Formula Junior

May 27, 2012
    Toronto, ON Canada
    Full Name:
    Myron Samila

OMG! That is amazing!! Not everyday that you see a Miura sitting on a used car lot!

11. myronx19

myronx19 Formula Junior

May 27, 2012
    Toronto, ON Canada
    Full Name:
    Myron Samila
    #36 myronx19, Sep 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I'm 360 Canuck likes this.
  12. hessank

hessank Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2005
    Canada, Florida
    Full Name:
    Fred
    I bought a used Euro Porsche 911 Carrera from him back in 1983

13. Marcutz

Marcutz Rookie

Dec 12, 2011
    Toronto Canada
    Full Name:
    Marco Pasquariello
    As I grew up with my late father being in the used car business, Avellino Used Cars a small lot more of a fun hobby business of my dads he would do alot of dealing with Papa Vinko he would call him. A Canadian Legend of the car market. I always meant to pop by the old showroom and didn't realize he would have still been there. He was a bit slippery but my dad was Napolitano and knew how to deal with him. Hail to the good ole days where they had such crazy cars just sitting outdoors on lots and no worries about them sitting there. Sad to hear he is no longer with us but i'm sure he lead a long fullfilled life at over 90.

14. tgc5874

tgc5874 Karting

Feb 12, 2017
    Canada
    "Ranga Tanga"

15. tgc5874

tgc5874 Karting

Feb 12, 2017
    Canada
  16. I'm 360 Canuck

I'm 360 Canuck Formula 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Ontario, The Real One in Canada
    Full Name:
    Lars!
    Not to hijack or disrupt this thread, but does anyone remember a small Lambo dealership near the junction in Toronto (on st, Clair, between Runnymede and Jane St) in the 1980s? I think it was called “Lenys “. Couldn’t find anything on it on google.

I just remember walking past it frequently as a young teen and ogling the Countach in the showroom window, and dreaming of the future, the showroom was small...likely only 2-3 cars in it.

17. myronx19

myronx19 Formula Junior

May 27, 2012
    Toronto, ON Canada
    Full Name:
    Myron Samila
    Sure do! I used to service my car there, my Fiat X1/9 :). The building is still there, but it's now the New Hope Tabernacle church. The showroom typically held one car, in the forward glass part of the building. The service & parts entrance was were the double doors are now - and the garage door is still there on the right!

Leny was a good guy, and I certainly remember seeing many awesome cars in that place.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

of2worlds and I'm 360 Canuck like this.
  18. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    Thanks for the picture ! I wouldn’t even recognize it if I drove by today.

RIP Lenny , left too early ....