[Video] Stock Broker (Jim Crammer) Totally Flips Out On MSNBC | Page 2 | FerrariChat

[Video] Stock Broker (Jim Crammer) Totally Flips Out On MSNBC

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by M3-ADDICT, Aug 3, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    What some don't do when they think of the horror of this is understand that most these people will not become homeless..........

As more units go on the market the price of housing will come down and some of these people will be able to afford the more affordable homes. I really have little interest in bailing out the banks and the adults to keep housing prices unaffordable for the younger generation.

Do you really want to keep the house builders in a market where even the crappy builders are successful? Let them fail....

Capitalism at it's best -

Our younger generation needs our help, not to keep burdoning them with, high costs, deficit spending (our high taxes don't pay close to what we spend), and the burdon of all these big retirement / pension programs that the 70 - 50 year old set up for themselves.

Booya that Crammer

2. jordanair45

jordanair45 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2006

Booya!

3. Gershwin

Gershwin F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2005
    Kentucky

Dead on w/ both your posts

4. Cnad

Cnad Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 25, 2007
    they left the rate alone again

5. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    No surprise.....

6. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    But we should cut when everyone panics and the market is jittery for a week, right????

;)

:D

7. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

Anyone notice the lamestream media attack dogs are coming out and now trying to discredit this guy in retaliation for taking a shot at the Fed's? Like this piece for example: http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Investing/Extra/JimCramersBadBets.aspx

Regardless of what you think of the guy, it's interesting to see how "the system" works against anyone who goes against the grain. While a little nuts I think the guy has guts.

8. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    I just read all 4 pages of that article and it seems like a very fair take on Cramer. It acknowledges his successes and highlights good things about him all the while investigating his accuracy when picking stocks on his TV show. It didn't seem one-sided to me at all.

If anything all that is happening is that people are interested in Cramer at the moment and they want to find out what he is all about. They even praise him at times!

9. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

Sure. You only have to look at the article's headline to figure out what's going on.

"Jim Cramer's bad bets

Barron's tracks the 'Mad Money' host's stock picks and comes to one conclusion: Steer clear."

10. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Wow, that person needs to get a life. No one is guaranteed anything in the stock market no matter what anyone gives as advice. I think that writer needs to realize that. They're just looking to blame someone for their own losses in the market (or sub-par gains) rather than admitting they decided not to do research on their own and buy.

11. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    I think you're misunderstanding the role Barron's usually plays in financial reporting.

12. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    I'm talking specifically about the writer of that article that seems to have an axe to grind with Cramer. It's not just "Barron's" the publisher, but an individual employed by them writing that article. From the last page, it's shown to be only an individual coming out against Cramer.

It doesn't appear to be a group of writers working on a project that are employed by Barron's, but rather an lone individual that for one reason or another doesn't like a guy on TV. At the very end, it just says it's "Bill Alpert for Barron's." I think he's an attention whore quite frankly.

13. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    You're still misunderstanding what's going on in that article. Yes, one person investigated it and wrote it, but what does that mean? Many investigative articles are written by a single reporter, not always a team. Further, where does it say that he lost money following Cramer's advice (and therefore has an axe to grind)? Everything is in reference to statistical analysis of Cramer's record as a stock picker. The analysis is conducted by a third party and reported by the author. The author reports his attempts to get responses and comments from Cramer, a typical opportunity provided by an investigative reporter to the party under investigation.

14. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    You read the whole article right? Often times headlines are only meant to engage the person into reading the entire thing. As I said before, it looks like the author gave Cramer a fair shake and at times lauded specific things he had done.