[vídeo] Question: Tubi Style or another exhaust? | FerrariChat

[vídeo] Question: Tubi Style or another exhaust?

Discussion in '348/355' started by tendeu, Aug 20, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tendeu

tendeu Karting

Dec 1, 2009
    Personally, I have a question and want you to help me.

I am the owner of this Ferrari 355 for about 5 years (she only had one owner before me).
    I bought the exhaust Tubi Style. I love the sound it makes. But I wanted to know if you have other options, other brands. If you prefer another brand or Tubi.

Here in Brazil the parts are very expensive, I paid $ 11k dollars this exhaust

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFWLZ8A17cM]Ferrari 355F1 Accelerate and Downshifts w/ Tubi Style Exhaust - YouTube[/ame]

2. treedee3d

treedee3d F1 Rookie

Apr 1, 2011
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Fab
    For me the Nouvalari sounds better than the Tubi and costs 1/10 of what you paid. I regularly get guys with Tubis approach me and ask: What exhaust is that? When I tell them the cost, their jaws drop...

3. SoCal1

SoCal1 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 14, 2011
    SoCal LA/OC/New Mexico
    Full Name:
    Tim Dee

For $11,000 US I would come there and make you a one off custom

Thats a lot of money

:)

4. Radiation

Radiation Karting

Mar 5, 2013
    Alberta, Canada
    Full Name:
    Sean
    This is what I would buy.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDcNs-b6tCU]1998 Ferrari 355 Capristo Stage 3 Exhaust and Custom Track Pipes - YouTube[/ame]

I like the crispness of the Capristo personally.

5. wazie7262

wazie7262 Formula 3

Feb 13, 2008
    Temecula, CA
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Capristo is THE exhaust for the 355.

6. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    I had a Tubi. Went to a Capristo 3. The difference is night and day. If you like the high-pitched SCREAMING sound, consider a Capristo 3. So far, no video does it justice. Just wait till I make one. I am also running gutted cats. I'm going to assume it will sound even crazier with a Y-pipe. The only other exhaust I would consider is MS Racing.

7. White Knight

White Knight Formula 3

Aug 22, 2011
    Ogden, UT
    Full Name:
    Todd S.
    I've got a Tubi on mine that came with the car. To my ears, the Tubi adds more growl and amps up the general volume of an already fantastic sound. Inside the car it's plenty loud when I push my foot to the floor, but it's a touch more of a muscle-car sound, if that makes sense. The relatively new Fabspeed X-Pipe exhaust is similar to a Tubi, from what I can glean from YouTube, but slightly less expensive. The Capristo is of course, all F1 shriek. Exhaust choice really depends on what style of sound you like. I've heard many good things about Glen's Nouvalari, but I've not heard one in person.

If a Tubi cost you 11k, I can only imagine what an MS Racing would cost...happy driving!

8. GerryD

GerryD Formula 3

May 5, 2010
    North of TO
    Full Name:
    Guido
    The first tubi that came out was the best one for the 355. I don't like those high pitch screamers that many seem to like lately.

9. ksim

ksim Karting

Feb 20, 2006
    West London
    Full Name:
    Kwang
    Yrs ago when I was trying to decide, the dealer had 3 cars side by side to let me decide, capristo, tubi, and another. Within ...I ordered on the spot...still loving my capristo!

10. jimmym

jimmym Formula 3

Sep 30, 2008
    Northeast U.S.
    Full Name:
    Jim
    #10 jimmym, Aug 21, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2013
    The Capristo does sound good, but I tend to prefer the Tubi. Tubi's have a little more bass to them. Tendeu your car sounds great. I really like the sound of this car with test pipes and a Tubi.

355 Tubi Test Pipes - YouTube

11. fivegolfers

fivegolfers Karting

Mar 25, 2011
    East Wenatchee, WA
    Full Name:
    Todd S
    on YOURS ?!?!?

When did you get one? When were you going to tell me/mom??? What color? Year and details PAHLEEEZE !!!

12. Evan.Fiorentino

Evan.Fiorentino F1 Rookie

Aug 23, 2005
    South East Florida
    Full Name:
    Evan
    The test pipes on these cars really make a huge difference in the sound! Regardless of the muffler, removing the cats tends to lead to more of a "scream" which sounds phenomenal! For the price of Fabspeed's primary and secondary Catbypass pipes you really can't beat it. The 355 is one of the best sounding cars ever made, you just have to unleash it :)