Video of my F430 lapping at UMC - Full track | FerrariChat

Video of my F430 lapping at UMC - Full track

Discussion in 'Tracking & Driver Education' started by jag-oo-r, Jun 7, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jag-oo-r

jag-oo-r Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2015
    I joined the PCA at Utah Motorsports Campus for their HPDE this weekend. They're a great group, and I enjoy their days more than any others.

I did a session with my FB LIVE running, just for fun.

I was just learning the Ferrari (I've owned her for about 5 weeks now?) and she's fun... for sure. The car is surprisingly capable just the way it is. well, I don't know what's surprising about that; My entire life, as I;ve anticipated ownership, I've assumed this would be the case. hehe.
    Two things are clearly needed: Better tires, and better Brake Pads. Both would make dramatic improvements in the laps; second only to more seat time.

I also posted to Youtube a Harry's Laptimer capture of a lap in my Porsche. Also just for fun.

It's perhaps embarrassing to say (but I will anyway): I was only 3/10ths slower in the Porsche Boxster.... (240-ish hp). But I've built that thing into a bit of a monster, suspension & Brake-wise.

I'll post some more as I get through them. IF anyone is interested.

2. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Sounds great ..what exhaust is that? 488? pffffft

3. jag-oo-r

jag-oo-r Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2015
    It's a 430 Spider. And the exhaust is Kline.

4. jag-oo-r

jag-oo-r Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2015
    Another video (HLT) of the F430

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Manda racing and mdrums like this.
  5. Metastable

Metastable Formula Junior

Wow you guys were doing the full track! So with cars, do you typically wait for a “pass me here” signal?