Video of Farmington Meet Finally Up! | FerrariChat

Video of Farmington Meet Finally Up!

Discussion in 'North & South Carolina' started by L8Braker, Feb 25, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. L8Braker

L8Braker Formula 3

Nov 10, 2003
    Asheville NC
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Stafford
    Hey guys here is the video from the Farmington Meet. Thanks to everyone who came out. Robin in the yellow volvo put the video together from his footage and mine.

Please save target as...instead of streaming

http://www.loudbluevolvo.com/videos/farmington-divx.avi

l8tr
    Jeremy

2. swedautowks

swedautowks Rookie

Nov 29, 2003
    help...i get somekind of error whenever i try to play this...all i get is sound but no picture...is it the download or something on my end?

3. rated///M

rated///M Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Trevor Ely
    Yeah, same with me.

4. L8Braker

L8Braker Formula 3

Nov 10, 2003
    Asheville NC
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Stafford
    Welcome to the new age world of video.........

www.divx.com

hahaha it is a decoder that will work with it's own player or with windows media player

5. borkap

borkap Rookie

Jan 6, 2004
    Greensboro NC
    The only shot of the little yellow miata was with a John Deer Gator?!?!?!?

Are you ashamed to show it outrunning most of those M's? :D When are we going to do it again Ive got 15 PSI now.

If you have more video of the super uber cool miata I'd like to have it to post on some miata boards.

ZOOM ZOOM :D

6. L8Braker

L8Braker Formula 3

Nov 10, 2003
    Asheville NC
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Stafford

Hey I have more video from my own camera so I'll try to get it for you. Hey didn't put my CLK in the video too much either hahaha I think he used too much of his own car! But oh well he is good at making videos.
    We are talking about a Tail of the Dragon meet sometime..... are you interested?

7. borkap

borkap Rookie

Jan 6, 2004
    Greensboro NC
    Absolutly, Just let me know when. I have been talking to jackrussleracing about it for a while now. I cant wait to get in the twisties with the miata.

8. L8Braker

L8Braker Formula 3

Nov 10, 2003
    Asheville NC
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Stafford
    How long have you had the car? It is a sweet little number....I'm sure the miata is sick int he corners unlike my big pig hahaha. I'm getting some C32 brakes though....just waiting on pads/lines to come in. Going from 11.8"/2 piston to 13.6"/4 piston and I'm gonna put some EBC reds in there at the same time......should be strong stopping. I need it hahaha

L8tr
    Jeremy

PS keep those hood pins attached don't wanna drop them anymore.

9. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

Work has kept me pretty slammed for the past few days. Until I win the lotto, I still have a day job :-(

VIDEO is terrific!! If you've got any more, post away!

I'm up for the Dragon. My preference would be a weekend event at one of the nicer hotels in the area -- maybe the Richmond Hill Inn, or something like that. With a nice hotel (and spa), I could bring Mrs. JackRussellRacing along too.

We're expecting about 5" of snow tonight in Winston-Salem, so I think the 348 is gonna be tucked away in the garage for many many days. Maybe I'll use this weekend to install some additional work-lighting and stuff. This winter weather truly "blows goats", IMHO.

-Daniel

10. FAMILY MAN

FAMILY MAN Karting

Nov 24, 2003
    Mine does the same thing. What do we all need to do in order to get a good picture ?

Thx ... Family Man

11. borkap

borkap Rookie

Jan 6, 2004
    Greensboro NC
    Ive only had the car a month or so. I already have some evil plans for it. I'm going to put some H beam rods and lighter pistons in it, most likley next winter. I may add a 2mm bore to it as well. I'm hoping next year I'll have over 300 horse at 17 PSi and still have a driver.

The car does handle well I just wish I could drive it better. I wouldnt call the CLK a big pig. Thats a VERY nice car.

I need to address my brakes. They glazed on me while jackrussle and I were out on a drive last weekend. He pulled up next to me at a light and there was smoke coming off of them. I think maybe I need to go 110 to 40 MPH a little easier. I need bigger wheels before then though. Jeez this thing is turning into a money pit.

I also found out a bolt came out of my front sway bar link. It caused the car to be really lose in the curves. I almost lost it last weekend trying to keep up with the 348.

Your going to like the bigger brakes. Stops will be much smoother and less grabby, all while stoping the car much quicker.

I have new hood pins with a tether now. They even have a yellow base so they arent such an eye sore.

Lets set a date for the deals gap run. I think Jackrussleracing already started another thread about it. I'm pretty much open except for autocross weekends.

Maybe we can all get together for a local run before then. I have some pretty good roads mapped out around the triad. I got em from a freind who rides bikes.

12. borkap

borkap Rookie

Jan 6, 2004
    Greensboro NC
    What camera mount was that thet was used at the farmington event?

I'm looking for one to use for autocrossing. Where can I get one and what was the damage?

13. L8Braker

L8Braker Formula 3

Nov 10, 2003
    Asheville NC
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Stafford
    Hey email him at [email protected]

Just tell him you were the yellow miata and he'll remember. I wanna say he made it from some list of parts he has. It is cool because you can do all kinds of stuff with it.